Posts by polarbear12

An intern who once worked in YGE said that they had a group project of creating the next YGE group(this was back in 2012), they had to describe in detail what each member's individual concept would be, the group concept, each member's personal fashion, how each member reacts and talks to fans differently etc. She says "Kpop groups are manufactured to a T, like every detail is thought of ahead of time". The project wasn't actually used by the company, just an intern thing is what she said.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I know a second season was always in the works but I thought the first season didn't do that well in the ratings for it's budget for a second season to actually happen? Two of my favorite kdramas (of the little that I've watched) are Run On and Flower of Evil, so I'm excited for the new leads Lee Joon Gi and Shin Se Kyung. And everytime I look at Shin Se Kyung, I see Heejin from Loona. They look alike a lot.

https://preview.redd.it/mqvblpa559h71.jpg?auto=webp&s=de53fa7ac3009b83576e82db1a117ea58d75a5b6

I came across a performance of their debut song gra ta ta when I was watching a music show live. I thought they were good performers among Kpop groups.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Someone should do this every month. And also you could add Marie Claire Korea too, Suzy was on the cover of this month's issue.

External Content twitter.com

I really like this song, apparently she was a contestant in mixnine. Check out her other songs too.

Chile is unlocked, Dua, Bad Bunny and Harry are coming in the late part of the year, and the tickets sale was crazy. Even with the recent change of administration, touring here is already available. Argentina too If i am not wrong.

BP fanbase in Japan is stagnant, it hasn't decreased yet it hasn't grow a lot either, but that was never stopped them doing 4 sold out domes. And the whole thing about BP performances lacking is a big fat lie, If anything the girls improved a lot after the end of the tour and are one of the most awaited acts to do concerts again, The show was well received, it didn't had more viewers because it was the prototype and first ever Youtube try at online concerts, there were simultanously other 2 illegal streaming that had around 100k each one.

It's pretty obvious if you look at their 2020 music show performances and The Show, they don't show that much energy anymore and as a group aren't that synchronized either. Their dome concert dates(edit:performances) towards the end of their tour weren't that great either. The Show being on Youtube only makes it easier for people to watch it. A lot of people may have watched the show illegally, which shows that they have some interest due to their popularity but it's not like those people are actually willing to pay to watch them perform.

I think NCT 127 will match Blackpink's tour numbers, they do as well as if not better than Blackpink in the 2 biggest touring countries Japan and USA. NCT 127 already have 5 dome concerts lined up for May-June this year in Japan(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…oncert_tours#Tour_dates_2), the last time Blackpink toured Japan in 2019-2020 they had 4 dates in their dome tour(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…rea_World_Tour#Tour_dates) and I doubt their fanbase increased there since then in fact I think it actually decreased. And in USA, NCT 127's canceled 2020 tour(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…ours#Cancelled_tour_dates) already had a similar total capacity to Blackpink's 2019 tour there and NCT 127's fanbase has definitely grown there a lot since then. While Blackpink's popularity too has grown by a lot and is way bigger than NCT 127, how many hardcore fans do they have that will pay to watch them perform? Especially after being tired of the lack of releases and the bad reputation Blackpink's performances have now. Blackpink's The Show online concert wasn't received well too. NCT 127 has a lot of hardcore fans. While Blackpink has a lot of potential to tour big in SEA, especially Thailand(they had 6 shows in the country in 2 batches of 3 selling about 60,000 tickets the last time they toured there), will the tour numbers increase by that much aside from Thailand? The last time Blackpink toured, they were already really popular there and had a huge fandom, how much did it actually increase since then? And who knows how much time it will take for those countries to allow big concerts?

Interesting. They have passed 150k on ktown which the around aespa sale. I think this is a record for them. Look like over sea and Chinese fans go all out on this come back.

My estimation should be at least 400k. 500k is not out of the question. Good for them.

Even Queendom had 155,000 pre orders on Ktown4u but it still only sold 260 thousand on Hanteo and 360 thousand on Gaon. Looking at the ktown4u pre orders even I expected Queendom to sell 350-400 thousand on Hanteo but it didn't.

Queendom has only sold about 260 thousand on Hanteo and 360-370 thousand on Gaon till now, so I doubt they'll actually sell 500 thousand. There was more hype for Queendom and while it looks like people are interested in the concept and packaging of the Reve Festival: Prologue album, the hype is not as much as it was there for Queendom. And Queendom wasn't some big hit either, it wasn't liked that much by international fans so I doubt sales will increase by that much. I think this album will do 300 thousand on Hanteo and 400-450 thousand on Gaon, there are very less chances of it selling 500 thousand even on Gaon.

The problem was the necklace itself. If those who believe in that religion took offence on the necklace nobody else has the right to tell them how to feel. That includes me, you, the company and the brand. Who btw labelled the necklace as ghetto something. Trying to make it as a hip hop accessory.

Also as somebody who don’t have that religion I can’t tell how Muslims feel but from what I gathered from the reactions it’s not only a name for them.

I understand how labelling the necklace as ghetto can be a problem, but not the other things. People have every right to feel however they want, but that doesn't mean others have to listen to them everytime they have a problem with something. Nobody owns that name and it may mean something to some people but it doesn't mean it should have the same importance to others too.

I don't understand what the problem was in the first place? He just wore a necklace with that name on it while performing, he didn't do anything else to it. I get that some religious people have a problem with it because of their beliefs, but what can others do about it? It's just the display of a non offensive name, nobody in particular can own a name and stop others from using a name normally.

Na na na na nanana...

I really really enjoy that song.

(Imfact's Na Na Na)