Discussion: IF twice doesn’t renew , who will be more affected Twice or JYP

• Both? I mean unless they all leave and all resign at another agency (which i think is unlikely because at that point, just stay at JYP).

I guess the question is who it would hurt more and in the long run, maybe the girls. JYP has already milked a lot for them and has many new projects already in the works Nizu, JP BG, Loud BG, Itzy, New package GG.

This isn’t factoring in touring money, which is why i think some members will stay. Because like i said, unless they all sign to another agency, group activities will probably be dead, which would mean a HUGE drop in their tour revenue (when tours are allowed again).

So my best guess is Twice hurting the most (assuming they sign to different agencies/switch to solos), but if they stay as a group, then JYP

• Both?

Twice girls have enough money to live i guess, but I don't think all will have a successful solo career so their loss will be in achieving as much as they did with Twice or 50% at least.

JYPE have enough groups and they seem promising, but Twice still sells a lot and are still a huge part of their financial support. Their loss will stop when they hit big again with another group the same way they did with Twice in the sense of: National Girl Group impact..

In conclusion: both will lose something, but JYPE have a better chance of reviving again.

• Without Twice JYPE right now lacks a lot of commercial appeal, that's not something a company of it's size can't try to rectify so who knows.

Perhaps with Twice gone it will motivate them to try to push Stray Kids to the public more or return full focus to Itzy until 'n' debut.

The issue for JYPE is Itzy aren't fully stable in GP appeal, Stray Kids(don't hate me) will never have main stream success in Korea, sure they can grow a big fandom, but real true commercial appeal moves stock prices more. His best hope would have been Nizui but they took a decent sized tumble in digitals, Youtube and even sales with their last release and in fact missed their projected investor targets by more than 100,000 units. That's not great for the future to be on such a slip in about a year or less.

Without Twice JYP loses the face of the company, the current line up of groups aren't poised to take that spot yet. Twice are also the only group signed to a US label, so without them bye to Republic and JYPEs connection to the US market for now.

But on the flip side, without a strong company backing them any group no matter how big will struggle. Promotions and industry connections can almost entirely vanish. Getting TV spots, booking concert venues, distributing albums becomes very difficult. JYPE also own Twice's branding and entire back catalog which if they so choose could likely prevent the group from using anything affiliated with 'Twice' and effectively kill the group.

It's also difficult to know if all 9 members could find a home outside of JYPE at the same company and promote like they did prior, that just doesn't seem possible.

TLDR. Both, but JYP Entertainment is a huge company with the resources to take the hit and build back.

• Anyways look at this

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I would say both but more Twice because JYP still haven't give the member a chance to established their own solo career. What I think what JYP want :|:|:|

Yes for certain. I think at this point JYPE would love an extended contract with Twice for a few years. They sell easy 500+k each comeback, plus merch, plus Japan and soon touring will start up again and that's just free money from Twice.

Call me a cynic but I've always believed JYP wanted to purposefully stunt Twice's solo potential to limit their brand power and essentially strip away much bargaining ability in renewals. JYP has successfully put Twice in a position where life outside of the 9 or none mantra is very difficult and continuing as 9 without JYPE is almost impossible.

• Both

Jyp has Itzy, Skz, NiziU, Boy Story, Jp bg, Loud bg, New package gg and Day6 (I don't think that they're going to renew). That's a lot of groups to get money from. I think if Twice doesn't renew it would affect Jyp to some extent but not that much.

For Twice if they don't renew the members are probably going to different companies. It doesn't seem like Twice is going to get any solo debuts and that's the only problem for them. If they sign with different companies the members would go solo and they wouldn't have that much experience prior.

• JYP will be definitely be affected about twice we don't know if they want to continue being idols some might want to try other things.

another thing twice gave JYP status and weren't they called national girl group?

would JYP even have that again? it's not all about money

• JYP will be definitely be affected about twice we don't know if they want to continue being idols some might want to try other things.

another thing twice gave JYP status and weren't they called national girl group?

would JYP even have that again? it's not all about money

This exactly! JYPE would definitely be affected as they would lose their biggest group and the face of the company but as for TWICE, they've already made enough money to last their life times and we don't even know if most of them want to continue pursuing individual careers in the industry.

• This exactly! JYPE would definitely be affected as they would lose their biggest group and the face of the company but as for TWICE, they've already made enough money to last their life times and we don't even know if most of them want to continue pursuing individual careers in the industry.

yeah exactly twice is the face of JYP. and tbh there was a time people used to question JYP's big 3 status but it was thanks to twice that made JYPE rise again.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!