In my time as KPOP fan, There is only 1 comeback that HAD Staggering amount of HYPE....

• and when I say HYPE I mean the highest level.....

There is only one comeback...

And that is EXO's Don't Mess Up My Tempo

The anticipation for that comeback was through the roof especially since it was announced that Lay will be joining too (Well, we all how that went) and EXO's last Korean Regular album was in July 2017...

16 months of waiting....

As a casual fan, I saw excitement from almost all fandoms... It was something unprecedented.

And with that level of hype, You would need to bring all the big guns to the fight... And EXO brought Missile Launcher...

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Perfect song which satisfied all the hype it had...

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And after this Everyone thought it was over.... The era was finished BUT...

THEN The logo on all the official EXO accounts on SNS changed to a diamond shape in which you can see the highlight was classic EXO logo... Signaling a Repack.. And boy, that repack changed the game...

External Content open.spotify.com

Along with 3 new songs....

This comeback had the biggest level of hype yet...

And I think if BigBang came back, you will see it again....

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• SNSD the Boys was one of the biggest events of kpop ever.It was full on national event. The media hype was through the roof even including TV national news lol especially as there was to be an English version. It got to the point were companies literally tried to reschedule groups away from SNSD CB but that backfired because SNSD themselves had to delay by a couple weeks lol.

IGAB was also massive, not quite as big the boy but it was another event nonetheless: usual SNSD level media hype, they had a TV CB special just for themselves, a 3d holo display perf, YouTube actually promoted them, many western media outlets covered their song which was pretty wild and so on. Then when the actual song dropped everyone was wtf to the point several kpop sites crashed and YouTube itself was sluggish for many

• The biggest hype i witnessed (that i felt personally) was when Girls' Generation announced their cb after Jessica left in 2014. They ended up releasing my favorite album from them, Lion Heart, with AMAZING music videoes (Party is one of my favorites ever)

External Content www.youtube.com

k-pop gurlies aint slidin' their asses like dis no more : (

• Woah...

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• It was around the time I became an Exo-l

I remember first time hearing Gravity I literally ascended

:pepe-sad:

Dmumt is one the best kpop albums ever and Gravity is still the best kpop song

• Yep

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• i don't know why people are coming here to question your PERSONAL EXPERIENCE just because theirs were different.

anyway, for me it was Super Junior's Mamacita comeback in 2014, the comeback thread in another kpop forum that shall not be name literally had over 350 peages (and it was made by moi :pepe-flirt: )

• To me, nothing compares to the hype of 2nd gen groups making their most relevant comebacks. Some of Bigbang, SNSD and 2ne1 comebacks just feel so legendary, you hadnto be there... The whole community was hyped and everyone even antis were nervous about the releases. Maybe because the kpop community was smaller back then, it was easier to watch everyone's reaction and be dragged into the hype despite not stanning the groups

now I can simply ignore the releases from groups I don't like and nothing changes, I put their fandoms into mental block and if it wasn't for the music shows I wouldn't know they released new songs, the industry keeps working like normal

• LMAO it wasn't the intention but glad you joined You became an EXO-L.

I will tag you in the guild...

You will enjoy it I am sure....

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• A beside track from Bts have much more hype, I won't start about their regular comebacks.

BP once in a year comeback is much bigger.

Bigbang 2015 was bigger.

Because you life in 1 bubble so you can't judge that.

Tempo isn't even the most hyped comeback from SM or alone Exo.

2014 with Kris departure and 2015 cmb without luhan was much bigger.

• For me, it is the Overdose comeback which is the first comeback after Growl bloomed. It was everywhere on line and there were fans fainted on the showcase of Overdose.

• For EXO, I'd say 2015 Comeback is def their most hyped comeback ever imo. Also no offense, but I don't think many non-fans paid that much attention to DMUMT comeback. Meanwhile EXO and Bigbang 2015 comeback were the biggest event of the year in Kpop.

Overall, in terms of comeback hype I guess I'll rank it like this:

2020 BTS-Dynamite & MOTS7 (and maybe all their main comeback after they rise to #1)

2015 Bigbang-MADE

2011 SNSD-The Boys

2015 EXO - Exodus

2016 Twice-TT/2020 BP-The Album

2010/2011 Super Junior-Bonamana/Mr. Simple

• I don't really know much about these hype things since I didn't really exprience of a lot of comebacks as a result of being a newbie stan. Although I do remember Dynamite had a huge hype after being released even I knew about it even if I wasn't a fan back then.

I am not sure about this but I believe blood, sweat and tears and The Album got a lot of hype? Also, I feel like Exo's recent comeback had a lot of hype as result of them finally having a comeback after so long. Especially on this forum, I was amazed at the amount of exols. It was almost like they were back from the dead or something.

• As a kpop fan for 10 years, it is interesting to see what people thought was greatly hyped in the community (or in the fandoms) as opposed to the hype certain comebacks really generated.

• I think some folks are missing the title of the post “IN MY TIME IN KPOP”, which is not reflective of the entire history of Kpop, just the OP’s perspective during his time following Kpop.

I do think it’s great to hear from Kpop fans who have a longer history about older big hype events, or people talking about their most hyped moments in this thread.

The Exodus era felt like there was more hype to me than DMUMT, but I admit it was also my first cb so I’m never sure if it just seems bigger in my head because it was my first one. LOL

:pepefrog:

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• I can recall SNSD's The Boys comeback that had a humongous amount of hype: SNSD were on top of their game, had just had a phenomenal debut year in Japan with staggering (for that time) album sales and reviews, and they just returned gloriously after their long stay in Japan.

Everyone was looking forward to it or anticipated it in trepidation (a number of companies even rescheduled their groups' comebacks ^^ ).

SNSD's IGAB comeback had pretty huge hype too. And Big Bang's MADE comebacks had impressive hype too.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• Bruh... shut the fck up

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• This thread contains 7 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!