Which company do you consider as "House of Girl Groups"?

• for me it's JYP!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I'll go with SM

they know how to make successfull female idols, who can have both success and longevity

SNSD vs Wonder girls = SNSD have been more successfull and their members have a way more successfull solo career while beside Sunmi, the others Wonder girls members have been kind of forgot by the GP

F(x) Vs Miss A = Miss A were more popular in the GP, but F(x) were bigger in term of sales, concert tour etc...., and now the only Miss A members who succeed is Suzy and all the others members disappear, while the other F(x) members didn't have a big solo career, you can still heard about them and heard article etc... related to them

to the point that even Amber had a more successfull solo debut than Yeeun of Wonder girls

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• But what about Twice and Itzy and Niziu vs Red Velvet and Aespa? I think JYP blows SM away here.

• But what about Twice and Itzy and Niziu vs Red Velvet and Aespa? I think JYP blows SM away here.

red velvet and twice are both still active, i don't see how can i talk about longevity and how they are doing if they didn't end their promo a a group yet

Last year already RV did better than Twice for example with psycho in comparison of what twice did with i can't stop me or more and more in the chart

and Aespa debuted 6 months ago in comparison of Itzy -_-

and have just 1 song

from what i remember twice didn't blew up with their debut song neither -_-

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• SM easily. They have among the most successful and impactful ggs through the years

SES was one of the 2 biggest ggs of the 1G

SNSD, that's all that needs to be said really. You could argue creating SNSD alone is enough to come out on top

Fx while mismanaged still had the capability of being the number 2 gg

RV can have some massive hits

We'll see how Aespa does but at least concept wise with the avatar stuff is hella unique

• Jyp.

SM is close but SM isn't only known for creating girl groups, they have both ggs and bgs. Jyp pretty much has big success and impact with girl groups only.

°⨳°·..·°⨳°⊹٭ 𝓙𝓞𝓨 ٭⊹°⨳°·..·°⨳°

e59e7135c19a6341cc1e93725017b2ba7130662a.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv 87421ed4a49499627715cb8666cc133529df9593.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv b2fee2c558a21bd6472498e040b6dad3a40db33e.gifv

• I see it kinda differently from the rest in this thread, I think, and I'm going for JYP.

The reason is that JYP's strength has for the most part been their girl groups who continuously outperformed JYP's bgs.

While SM are more the 'house of girl groups and boy groups', where from the start of 1st gen with their groups HOT, SES and Shinhwa up till now with NCT collective, RV and Aespa, SM had both girl groups and boy groups who were among the top groups across generations.

As for the 4th gen era, it's still too early to tell, but at the speed that Hybe has been adding companies and groups to their collection, I wouldn't be surprised if they'll end up with the most girl groups, and maybe even the top ones, as 4th gen era progresses.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• SM had more girl groups but were led by boy groups mostly (except maybe 2010-2013) though 2010-2011 you could make an argument SUJU and TVXQ are at least as big as SNSD.

I think 2005-2008 was more Suju's and TVXQ's era when it comes to SM groups: that was when they were a lot stronger than the SM girl groups: afterwards, TVXQ went through the split and the remaining members became more active in Japan, and while Super Junior had their biggest hit in 2009, somehow they never gained the mass popularity with the Korean public nor the international popularity that uplifted SNSD to its mega status.

SM or MBK both have had soooo many GGs. :confused:

Who're MBK? :whatb:

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• I think 2005-2008 was more Suju's and TVXQ's era when it comes to SM groups: that was when they were a lot stronger than the SM girl groups: afterwards, TVXQ went through the split and the remaining members became more active in Japan, and while Super Junior had their biggest hit in 2009, somehow they never gained the mass popularity with the Korean public nor the international popularity that uplifted SNSD to its mega status.

Who're MBK? :whatb:

An label which has had over 10 GGs and mistreated all of them somehow :eyes:

pasted-from-clipboard.png

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Utada-Hikaru-Blue-Stay-Magical-Sig.png

• An label which has had over 10 GGs and mistreated all of them somehow :eyes:

pasted-from-clipboard.png

Ah, that one! I wasn't aware they've had that many girl groups, but apparently they did?

And yeah, MBK - or at the least Core Contents Media, were famous for their maltreatment of their groups, 1 of the main reasons T-ARA's internal group conflic grew out of control and became a major scandal, was T-ARA's manager (or CEO, I forgot which of the two) and his mishandling of it all => and that was just 1 of the many mistakes he made.

SWJ1P.gif

• Ah, that one! I wasn't aware they've had that many girl groups, but apparently they did?

And yeah, MBK - or at the least Core Contents Media, were famous for their maltreatment of their groups, 1 of the main reasons T-ARA's internal group conflic grew out of control and became a major scandal, was T-ARA's manager (or CEO, I forgot which of the two) and his mishandling of it all => and that was just 1 of the many mistakes he made.

Yea they are a whole mess when it comes to PR. They created the textbook on mistreatment for Pledis

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Utada-Hikaru-Blue-Stay-Magical-Sig.png

• I think 2005-2008 was more Suju's and TVXQ's era when it comes to SM groups: that was when they were a lot stronger than the SM girl groups: afterwards, TVXQ went through the split and the remaining members became more active in Japan, and while Super Junior had their biggest hit in 2009, somehow they never gained the mass popularity with the Korean public nor the international popularity that uplifted SNSD to its mega status

Recognition and charts are hard to quantify but sales we still have track :

SNSD:

2009 - 240k korea

2010 - 655k korea

500k japan

1 155k total

2011 - 568k Korea

1 040k japan

1 608k total

2012 - 127k Korea (no new album)

365k Japan

492k total

2013 - 360k Korea

320k Japan

680k total

SUJU:

2009 - 250k Korea

10k Japan

260k total

2010 - 315k Korea

32k Japan

347k total

2011 - 547k Korea

200k Japan

747k total

2012 - 607k Korea

307k Japan

614k total

then it lowered

TVXQ :

2009 - 62k Korea (begin to be inactive 500+ last year)

1 204k Japan (wtf)

1 266k total

2010 - 100k Korea (no new album)

1 470k Japan (wtf)

1 570k total

2011 - 385k Korea (return in Korea)

950k Japan

1 335k total

2012 - 390k Korea

335k Japan

725k total

2013 - 47k Korea (no album)

890k Japan

937k total

If you count Japan its a back and forth between those 3, though SUJU is probably the lowest in popularity

• Boy groups have always outperformed girl groups when it comes to album sales, throughout the generations, it's not for nothing that SNSD are the only girl group that ever won an album daesang.

Generally speaking, boy groups have a boost in album sales, while girl groups have a boost in digitals.

For popularity in SK, Gallup and sortlike surveys are a good measure - maybe even the best since it's as fully objective and randomized as election surveys and scientific sampling - to see popularity among the Korean general public.

For international recognition, stuff like youtube views/likes, insta followers and google trends (and nowadays Spotify) are indicators that sketch the bigger picture.

From what I recall, apparently DBSK/TVXQ's popularity in SK was at its peak before their legal troubles, in 2006-2008.

Super Junior, even if they were known the best of all boy groups in variety and all the tv shows that the public knew them from, Super Junior as a boy group didn't have the major popularity among the Korean general public that some of the other 2nd gen top boy groups like 2PM, DBSK and Big Bang had - let alone the girl groups.

Personally, I also never quite understood why - how the public knew and liked them in variety shows, yet didn't warm up that much to them as boy group. But there's no doubt that Super Junior had the largest, most active and organised fanbase of them all in 2nd gen era for quite some years.

SWJ1P.gif

• Its true that boy groups sale better than GG but i don't think you can take that as an excuse. Boy groups in Kpop just attract more fans who are willing to buy. And diminishing that when you talk about popularity isn't fair, cz its is just how kpop is.

Gallup can be cool, though sometimes results are very odd. Google trend is garbage, Youtube and Insta like maybe the last 2/3 years when it became much more popular in the East but before it really wouldn't represent what kpop looked like and some groups like Kara etc would be widely less popular than other groups with less achievements.

SUJU is really bizarre, they have multiple primes, like sales 2011-2012, overall popularity 2009-2010, presence on tv literally every year...

Their fanbase is so great and active that they can be perceived way bigger than they really is.

• for me it's JYP!

JYP Motto:

"Find a Cash cow, milk the Cash cow, find another Cash cow"

• Jyp easily. He was always known for his tremendously successful ggs. Wg was the first ngg until snsd. Twice are on another level compared to rv. Itzy is the leader of the 4th gen.

Edit- i think yg might take it in the 4rth gen cuz of 2ne1 and bps popularity but they were known for both successful bgs and ggs tho so idk.

Blackpink will disband at least 2024.

Believe me. 8)

• This thread contains 6 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!