Give 4th Gen a overall score so far

• Rate 4th gen out of 10.

I'm giving it a 3.

Nothing memorable or game changing has happened yet. So far it's a less memorable version of 3rd gen. Which screams disappointment cause 3rd gen was nothing to write home about overall.

The best thing that can possibly happen is when BTS and Blackpink disband. Because then all these new groups wont have them to copy off of and can be their own thing.

It's just a reminder of how those two groups did NOT pave the way. Cause nobody else is walking their path. In the end they will have done more harm than good to the industry.

4th gen could very well be the last.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• 5. These female groups are cute but I feel like nothing has wowed anyone yet. I don't pay attention to 4th generation boy groups but unfortunately lol, it seems like they are making more impact.

• People was saying same of gen3 at their debut too...

People are really not patient right?

So many troll and gen3 elitism trying to downgrade gen4 achievements only because they can't reach BTS, EXO or BP level.

Just for your information, even BTS needed more 2 years to finally get their 1st win and only started to be "approved" by kpop community 3-4 years after their debut.

While, gen4 debuted not so long time ago (people are saying 2018 but tbh, I feel it's more end 2019-2020 since 2017-early 2019 feel like a gen 3.5)

Treasure - ZB1

f02e618cd7bbbd88c9242e0ee12c5fe9.gif

I'm kinda amazed at how already so polished these groups are ? It's a lot less messy than any groups that debuted 10 years ago. They still need to develop their potential to their fullest, but I have no doubt they will be up to the challenge of all these changes in the kpop industry.

• 4... i like girl groups but not that much and i really hate boy groups so

really thankful for gidle though

ad11ae11545c4b3eb5805a7ca39e8142ff38948a.gifvab99d7e017ed0eea8ec207a6947f397b83c72db7.gifv57fd3a357756b7d61797af68f7a3247c55a15e4b.gifvb8a3784d7d06f39831a2371942429ffec7c00416.gifvcc43450dc4b9751b6bbff4f0e97fb2f3feb6cf5c.gifv

𝘆𝘂𝗾𝗶 ♡ 𝗺𝗼𝗺𝗼 ♡ 𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘆𝗼𝘂, 𝘀𝗼𝗼𝗷𝗶𝗻

• your not impressed by aespa lol?

I love Aespa and the members but at first, their debut didn't make me go wow. I just thought Black Mamba was a bop and that the music video was pretty.

I feel like the 3rd generation had a different aura where you could just tell who was going to be popular and who was going to be the leaders.

• Official Post

6...nothing is standing out to me and some are but that's okay. No one was topping charts and making any big impact when 3rd gen started. I can defo say TXT, GIDLE and ITZY are the standouts of 4th gen to me so far, special mention to LOONA as well.

And alot of them have way more opportunities to showcase their talents at debut compared to their seniors, groups like GIDLE are having alot of say in their music and I think it's a step in the right direction.

• I give it a 7.5 for now.

ITZY, TXT and X1 debuts made it really exciting and with great debuts from Cherry Bullet as well. There was plenty of drama and I noticed that ITZY and TXT in particular changed the standard with 5 small members and their concepts. Lots of boy groups did the school uniform after TXT and ITZY inspired a generation of teen crush. Once PSY x JYP collab boy group, SM boy group and Mnet girl group debuts I can see it being more interesting.

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

• I am going to go against the grain and not give a numerical value. Only a general "performing"/ "not performing" in reference to the music.

Girl Groups: Performing

Guy Groups: Not Performing

• For me, it's a 6. 3rd gen groups are definitely more of my style in concept and music, but there are a few groups I enjoy, mainly TXT and ATEEZ.

They're all super talented in dance, but there's not many good vocalists yet unfortunately, or if there are, the vocal processing is way too much.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• I'm giving them a strong 7! I feel like everyones compression is not fair at all. firstly, you're comparing them to 3rd gen groups now not 3rd gen groups at the same duration of time :whistling: if you were to compare the same mark 3rd/ 4th gen then 4th are winning overall! there's much more talent, lets be real guys! a lot of insane vocals and no longer just Wendy/ RV/ mamamoo but at least two people in every group has strong vocals and dance?! its basically a dance competition! 4th have upped the competition massively, its just unlucky with the whole covid thing and (I think) kpop no longer treasure creativity but try to replicate what's already gone viral etc. I still like 4th gen and I think the future is exciting cause you really don't know what groups going to be on top! also lets not forget them visualllsssssssss

:claps:

aespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgiraespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

æ- "𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝔼𝕧𝕠, 𝔼𝕧𝕠𝕝𝕦𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟" -𝕒𝕖𝕤𝕡𝕒 -æ

• 8, Even some of the groups are rookie but it feels they've been here for more than 5 years. They handle everything so professionally. Itzy and (G)I-DLE literally changed the game during their debut eras. I am more into 4th gen ggs, don't have idea about bgs though.

Sameeeeee I don't know why but Bg are sooooooo boring! im getting into NCT but they're 3rd gen, and im getting into enhypen but they're 50/50 right now, 50 they go down the generic bad boy image which is so washed out and 50 they do something fresh ;(

aespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgiraespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

æ- "𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝔼𝕧𝕠, 𝔼𝕧𝕠𝕝𝕦𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟" -𝕒𝕖𝕤𝕡𝕒 -æ

• People are having too high expectations for groups who are 1/2 years into their careers, some of the most promising ones being a few months old lol. Comparison to 3rd gen is unfair as the previous gen had enough time to establish themselves and create huge names. First years of 3rd gen weren't something bigger than the first years of 4th gen.

I think 4th gen groups have so much potential. They're already breaking and setting new records,competing with senior groups and doing well, gaining international fandom faster than ever. There are very interesting releases. Many trends have been set by 4th gen - the small amount of members per group, the sudden change in concept and etc, I love it.

7/10 for now, I'm still waiting for the most anticipated 4th gen groups to debut

• 3 out of 10.

As for BGs, no one really catch my attention other than TXT. They have nice concepts and easy-to-listen song. I hope GP will notice them and stan them or at least be their casual listeners.

GGs, for now it's either (G)I-dle and ITZY. (G)I-dle is higher on my standard. Queendom was really their turning point and all they need to do is releasing the right song. I mean Hwaa is very unique concept-wise, song-wise its unique, easy-to-listen, authentic, and has a great production. I didn't expect them to enter TOP10 MelOn, since its even harder for everyone to enter TOP100 with the new system.

----

ITZY is slightly lower. Wannabe and Not Shy was a let down for me. Wannabe use the same exact structure like Dalla Dalla but success-wise its very different, Not Shy is somehow experimental for ITZY's standard. I guess it's too early to judge

4th Gen in general, they are too dance-centered. I wish they have more vocal-focused group like Mamamoo, BtoB, EXO, Red Velvet, and Gfriend. Most of 4th gen BGs are disappointing for me. I feel that 3rd gen is very strong, i dont think 4th is going to steal the spotlight. BTS is literally owning Korea, BP is loved by GP and have quite large fandom, Twice Mamamoo and Red Velvet are still going strong.

• For me, it's a 6. 3rd gen groups are definitely more of my style in concept and music, but there are a few groups I enjoy, mainly TXT and ATEEZ.

They're all super talented in dance, but there's not many good vocalists yet unfortunately, or if there are, the vocal processing is way too much.

Yes there are tho, TREASURE is made up of the best vocalist in 4th gen so far. you should try them out.

~Blood stain on my shirt new bitch on my nerves~

• Yes there are tho, TREASURE is made up of the best vocalist in 4th gen so far. you should try them out.

I know Treasure has good vocalists (I love Jeongwoo's and Yedam's voices), but I only like I LOVE YOU and My Treasure, MMM is still a maybe.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• This thread contains 14 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!