How do you feel about Hybe girl groups?

• How do you feel about Hybe girl groups? 59

The result is only visible to the participants.

I'll be doing this for each big 4 label. I'm starting with the groups that get the most conversation and controversy.

I would prefer you to expand on your thoughts, but I'll leave a straightforward poll to collect board sentiments. It will be anon.

The current roster (only counting debuted groups)

fromis_9

LE SSERAFIM

NewJeans

ILLIT

I personally and obviously love them. And not just because of NewJeans. I've been a fromis_9 fan since before they were fromis_9, as one of the 10 people who watched Idol School. I bought their debut album and I've seen them perform. Two members even popped up my row at KCON for MC segment.

I don't need to say anything about NewJeans.

I'm also a big fan of LE SSERAFIM. They're a group that won me over with their incredible content (seriously, it's the best in the business, but somewhat ironically, I heard Hybe poached the staff that used to curate fromis_9's content) before their music.

As for ILLIT... it's complicated. But I don't dislike them. I had Magnetic on loop prior to, well, you know.

• newjeans don't identify themselves as hybe group, please respect their wishes.

• newjeans don't identify themselves as hybe group, please respect their wishes.

I'm as much **** Hybe as the next NJ fan, but there are still technically under the Hybe umbrella

For now.

• I don't know if we can really count GFriend in this. Especially with what we now know to be their leader's true feelings towards Hybe. GFriend peaked well before Hybe was seen as a major power, and when Hybe acquired them, they terminated their contracts without warning.

And you should listen to fromis_9's most recent album, Unlock My World. It's brilliant.

• So much love for NewJeans and LE SSERAFIM.

LE SSERAFIM brought the fun back to kpop for me. There's something about their music, image and content that is really captivating. Along side (G)-Idle, LE SSERAFIM is my favorite active group.

I love NewJeans, but I don't identify with the members as much as I do with LSF members and I believe it's because they are so young. I feel like they are such great and talented babies. And altough I'm an active How Sweet hater, there's no doubt they have one of the best discographies in the industry.

I never cared much for fromis_9. The only release I actually like is Love Bomb, but never saw much potential in that team.

ILLIT has got me listening to Magnetic A LOT. But just like NewJeans, even if they continue releasing great music and get rid of this "NJ thieves" image, I probably won't get attached to the members just because they are waaay younger than me. And to be honest, I developd a minor dislike feeling towards the group. They do represent NJ 2.0 and that makes me kind of angry, sorry. So yeah, 50-50, depending on the future comeback, I might stick with their music or not.

#lesserafimnet from all my love

Edited once, last by momamae ().

• I never cared much for fromis_9. The only release I actually like is Love Bomb, but never saw much potential on that team.

That's okay, because Love Bomb is one of the best girl group songs in the past decade.

So many people sleep on f9's discography. It's sad

BTS's lil sisters don't rock with hybe, that's crazy.

anyways, hybe gg seem to have more emphasis on choreo and general aesthetics vs vocal ability. Musically, a lot more Western influence, especially with Fin, who seem to go for whatever style is popular in the West at the moment. NJ very similar to pinkpantheress. Illit very similar to NJ lol. I like all their music tho.

• I don't know if we can really count GFriend in this. Especially with what we now know to be their leader's true feelings towards Hybe. GFriend peaked well before Hybe was seen as a major power, and when Hybe acquired them, they terminated their contracts without warning.

And you should listen to fromis_9's most recent album, Unlock My World. It's brilliant.

I don't disagree

It's cause I didn't want to have only NewJeans with a good emoji /s

I like some of fromis_9's title tracks before they were acquired by HYBE. After that, I didn't like anything I've heard so far. But I didn't listen to their lastest project entirely, so I will give a chance.

Bankai: Minazuki

85e1d14897360f5af5426181e6b1e605126ab548.gifv

• BTS's lil sisters don't rock with hybe, that's crazy.

anyways, hybe gg seem to have more emphasis on choreo and general aesthetics vs vocal ability. Musically, a lot more Western influence, especially with Fin, who seem to go for whatever style is popular in the West at the moment. NJ very similar to pinkpantheress. Illit very similar to NJ lol. I like all their music tho.

One thing I see literally everywhere (and this isn't directed specifically at you but you reminded me), is that NewJeans were inspired by pinkpantheress sonically, but their Get Up album was a collaboration, with several songwriters and composers, including 250 and Erika de Casier, a project that started before PP even debuted.

• fromis_9: Is that the group that has one of my Busters girls in it?

LeSserafim: Favorite of Hybe by far. More a fan of their B sides than promoted singles. Although 4th gen peaked with Blue Flame. Kazuha is already a legend.

NewJeans: Sigh....oh god. Ummm they make music for retirement home elevators (which you would think would be great for me) and do modelling. My least favorite girl group since Blackpink and Red Velvet. But at least those two groups actually made kpop music.

Illit: Still on the fence. Need more music to make a determination. Didn't care for anything except My World which I got dangerously close to becoming addicted to especially the live stages. Moka and Minju are really dreamy. This group will be the biggest toss up for me I've ever come across. So TBD.

• I used to be a hybe gg lover long long ago :meme-erm: , as of now i only like (*love) newjeans :meme-grumpy-cat: .

I'm very disheartened about the knowledge that bang might have used both of his ggs to hurt njs or steal deals, opportunities of even their work away.

I can’t look at this groups with ease or positivity anymore. The whole story just makes me mad and boil in anger :cursing: .

how dare that piggybangfraud hurt njs??? :pepe-laser-eyes:

i just want his downfall :evil: , you wanted to kill njs well nah b*tch! YOU better f*cking die! :thumbs-up:

Retire all together :meme-dead-horse:.

• I like them.

ILLIT's debut EP was short but good.

LE SSERAFIM have been consistently one of my favorite groups in the industry since their debut and even though I don't like EASY that much compared to their title tracks, their discography as a whole is still solid.

NewJeans has some of the best singles out in modern K-pop (Attention, Hype Boy, OMG, NewJeans, ETA, Gods).

Fromis, while not originally from HYBE or Pledis, has some of the best bsides of any girl group out right now.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• You definitly have a wacky taste afterall :meme-u-ok: . fx was just a fluke :meme-stare: .

• Hybe is too new of a company with their GGs that I don't have much opinions on. NJs and Illit are too young in terms of experience, their songs are catchy, but I don't dive into them compare to other groups. LSRF is also good too, I have some of their songs, but I personally don't follow them much so I am not sure on that. Although I do see alot of new Chaewon fans popping up, whether as real or meme, they are a breed of their own.

The only group I semi-follow is fromis9, way back when Gyuri was still with them :sob-bunny: . I'd love to see more if the fucking company actually help manage and market the girls jfc. It's hard getting contents from them. They can sing, dance, and they look great!!!

Honestly, are they even considered under Hybe at all? With the amount of support, I think we can safely remove them from the list. :rant-bee::rant-bee::rant-bee:

---======---

• Be more specific. Do you think they're ALL over hyped? Or just the one(s) more popular than IVE?

at the current time most accurate rankings on popularity. so illit is probably the ones catzi is talking about. some dont even make it here.

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• One thing I see literally everywhere (and this isn't directed specifically at you but you reminded me), is that NewJeans were inspired by pinkpantheress sonically, but their Get Up album was a collaboration, with several songwriters and composers, including 250 and Erika de Casier, a project that started before PP even debuted.

It's impossible to say. PP hit it big in late 2020 on TikTok and her music was everywhere in 2021 on the app. I think NJ has branched out a lot since then, but you can see a lot of similarities in their early work with what PP was doing at the time. Generally, there was a resurgence in garage and drum/bass music at the time and a lot of producers are tuned into what's popular at the moment.

• Illit and Lsf can't sing and have uninteresting visuals and NJ's music is boring asf, I can't stand this next door girl type of thing they're going for I need something cuntier to enjoy and I don't even know abt fromis9

You need to listen to Unlock My World too.

Or just Fun.

External Content www.youtube.com

If not Fun, Love Bomb:

External Content youtu.be

Which is actually the song I meant to link, but Fun is a good song too.

• I'm sorry if you thought I was a NJ fan but I never have been. But that doesn't mean I was going to take Hybe side against MHJ. I'm glad she won her court case. Although I think both sides are idiots.

I knew you didn’t like njs :meme-stare: (which is already a big wuuuut :meme-what: ) but to hear you say that Red Velvet also is one of the worst ggs ever is like :pepe-tinfoil-hat: :pepe-tinfoil-hat: ... nail on the coffin for whatever hope i still had left for your taste :pepenomad: .

• I just didnt have interest in any of the girl groups from HYBE, I always just associated with the label with NewJeans and BTS. Well I didnt even know Big Hit changed their name to Hybe so that was a shock to me firstly.

But I did have interest in illit after watching R U Next. I fell in love with Yunah, especially with her 'Bad Girl Good Girl' performance. i know that not a lot of people did not like Yunah in illit's concept but she will always be a big visual for me. like seriously, she stands out to me for some reason and all the girls in illit do too. maybe its just me T T.. i have a weird mind.

i also fell in love with wonhee. i wanted to see her improve and i fell in love with her visual. the girls are overall pretty and extremely strong to not only perform on stage, but to handle all of the goddamn hate lmao. theyre all dreamy~

i really hope hybe invests their time into making the girls stand out. i dont know if they'll ever reach such a peak like new jeans internationally, but i will still always support them and continue with them on insta/tiktok. i just feel like theyre so easy to follow up on, i always figured that the other girl groups there is so much going on sometimes, or maybe its just my busy life.. T T..

but absolutely no hate to anyone else who enjoys the other Hybe girl groups haha ^^

Signed by Fabiana ~

tumblr_nrxfzjthYy1tefqylo1_r1_500.gif

• I knew you didn’t like njs :meme-stare: (which is already a big wuuuut :meme-what: ) but to hear you say that Red Velvet also is one of the worst ggs ever is like :pepe-tinfoil-hat: :pepe-tinfoil-hat: ... nail on the coffin for whatever hope i still had left for your taste :pepenomad: .

My taste is LEGENDARY!

Here's my top 10 all time girl groups!

1. f(x)

2. Crayon Pop

3. Kara

4. Wonder Girls

5. T-ara

6. AOA

7. Girls Generation

8. Odd Eye Circle

9. IVE

10. Sonamoo

That's a bad ass top 10 list.

• I can tell you're a legitimate ILLIT fan. They'll need loyal day one stans like you to weather the shit storm they find themselves in, with a skeptical general public on one side, angry Bunnies on the other side, and then token stans on the other other side.

They need real fans in their corner to really reach their potential and build a healthy fanbase.

I actually almost tuned in for R U Next, but everyone told me not to waste my time.

• love hate relationship wit hybe ggs. they debut and seem really good until it all falls down🙁. its always something going on wit hybe. i put “i like them” on the poll but that’s only bc of their first impression on me. i’m more neutral now that i think about it. when illit first debuted, i thought they were ok. i mean they weren’t bad (i wasn’t really feelin the cutesy core stuff) but then the encore stuff happened. and it kinda rubbed me the wrong way. i don’t dislike illit i just hope they can improve their vocals. same with le sserafim as well.

i still love newjeans i just feel like hybe really needs to focus on one group. i guess newjeans isn’t even hybe anymore, but they were so. anyway hybe is giving off they want world domination, LIKE. WTF IS HYBE AMERICA AND HYBE JAPAN. can’t we just keep it to one hybe :( there’s prolly reasons why but i’m too lazy to research.

overall, hybe needa focus on the vocals. they got the stage presence and dancing. we just need them to chill out on the drama. i bet bang was the one who beat the idol group🙄 anyway

ppl reading this: :meme-what::meme-i-aint-reading-all-that:

8d1a5c11900c4156b1dc0a74a4d6c177f8d78a5a.gifv

(that one minjeong stan🤭)

• :meme-shaq-shake:

Beg to disagree :pepe-just-smile: , 80% of that list is MEH at best :meme-hide-the-pain: .

NEXT :meme-stare: .

Crayon pop has like 1 good song? Or two maybe... Ive lol...the second gen mania is cute but nah nah :uh-uh-bunny: .

MY top 10 :pepe-shrug:

1. NewJeans

>>>

2. SNSD

3. f(x)

4. Red Velvet

5. Oh My Girl

>>

6. aespa

7. Mamamoo

8. S.E.S

9. Dreamcatcher

10. Loona

That's TASTE:siptear: .

• This thread contains 29 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!