Will (G)I-DLE leave CUBE Entertainment?

• After the Min Heejin circus, no companies will take Soyeon

Completely unrelated to one another, but I guess you've dropped contrastively linking everything to IU and now specious connections to MHJ are in vogue.

Secondly, who in their right mind links a goddamn Kookielit video, the most clickybait, terrible, incorrect Kpop channel around. I watched the first few minutes of that video and it's completely fabricated like 10 things.

Idle may or may not leave Cube, but the only relevant point in this entire thread was someone bringing up Yuqi's very recent comments that 'we're mostly joking' and that they acknowledge they are treated well in Cube.

Yuqi has also spoken at length about how unhappy she was in her year of promoting in China during Hiatus solo. People speculating she'll just run to China at contract end don't really know the group very well, clearly.

She will obviously probably focus more on there - but she wants to do music, not just do variety. That's just not the market in China. There's about 15 different pieces of evidence over the last several years where she's discussed that, but I hardly expect this forum (who link Kookielit videos of all things) to have even the slightest idea of that.

• No, they won't leave Cube. They joke about it a lot and the company knows they're joking.

If you watch this interview, they joke about leaving and Yuqi mentioned that the CEO asks them to stop joking about it so much because it causes stock prices to drop. She also mentioned how Cube treats and provides them with lots of things that's unimaginable with other agencies, and that the company treats them well.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

So in conclusion, they will most likely renew with renegotiated terms (such as percentages, as Minnie mentioned).

EDIT: Just realized someone posted this already. Anyways I'll keep it up here as the whole video provides more context.

• They're most likely have tenure in CUBE lmao. Super job security. CUBE saw how successful they are and is now basically allowing them to do alot of things. So I think they'll like that freedom, renegotiating will be $$ and still continue to do music. They're like how BlackPink was under YG, except with freedom.

With CUBE, they know everyone. With new management, they'll have to make new friends and boss. I'd rather stay if Im comfortable~

:iconpepe:

---======---

• All signs point to yes

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• All signs point to yes

External Content www.youtube.com

think they joking tho. i hope they stay, where else can they go?

• think they joking tho. i hope they stay, where else can they go?

I don't think they are joking they are making fun of cube all the bloody time lol

think about this my friend - do you think Cube needs Gidle more or do you think Gidle needs Cube more?

1. the members of Gidle are all very successful in their own rights as they have plenty of solo activities...historically this indicates at the very best they might stick with the Gidle group but go their own separate ways (ala BP)

2. Cube's treatment of Gidle isn't known to be very good...

3. what's to stop another company from poaching Gidle or even Gidle themselves from setting up their own company????

• naw just overthinking it

• Yuqi literally has an interview from a few days ago where she says they're joking most of the time, and in seriousness says Cube gives them lots of support.

No offense mate but you really aren't on top of this.

that's ok we have differing opinions my friend

I guess we'll see what happens in their contract renegotiations

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!