Which GG would benefit most from lsrfm's scandal?

• Knowing knetz' behavior very good, they will leave FEARNOT fandom soon. It's interesting to predict their "second choice", that will gather orphaned fans... Either it will be one of HYBE's sister groups New Jeans, Illit or girl crush like Babymonster, KIOF, Young Posse? I deny aespa and gidle influence because those fandoms are lsrfm's rivals.

The one who will attract fearnots will have a "golden share" to compete for kpop Olympus and may become the new national girl group of the next generation.

• Sugary-Salt

Changed the title of the thread from “Which GG would benefit most from lsfrm's scandal?” to “Which GG would benefit most from lsrfm's scandal?”.
  • I just don't get the backlash for idols not being able to sing. If you've been a kpop fan for 5 minutes you should know an idol being able to sing is an exception not the rule.

If you want vocals go listen to Whitney Houston or Mariah Carey or TVXQ.

• I do not know, but even fans of my nugu faves are dunking on them, that is very uncalled for.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I just don't get the backlash for idols not being able to sing. If you've been a kpop fan for 5 minutes you should know an idol being able to sing is an exception not the rule.

This is not an accurate statement. There are plenty groups known for their singing abilities: Mamamoo, ReVe, Purple Kiss, Dreamcatcher, my faves KISS OF LIFE and more.

Lack of skills was never praised in kpop until HYBE has come, rushing to debut as many groups as possible during a short period of time, with weak training system and payola mentality

they're not expecting a whitney or mariah...they just don't want a dying goat.

• This is not an accurate statement. There are plenty groups known for their singing abilities: Mamamoo, ReVe, Purple Kiss, Dreamcatcher, my faves KISS OF LIFE and more.

Lack of skills was never praised in kpop until HYBE has come, rushing to debut as many groups as possible during a short period of time, with weak training system and payola mentality

Even if you can find me 20 groups who can sing that's still the exception. There have been 5,000 kpop groups since 95.

• NJ, KOL is what comes to my mind...

BP and Griend for older groups... (more in retrospect glory)

BM are too mediocre and unintersting for the gp to care, even after yg mediaplay. Even with a better song.

At this point only a mega catchy hit and a more unique concept could mayyyybe save that group. Clones are LAME guys :pepefacepalm: . Specially when they look like the butchered versions of the originals and when the originals concept is not even trendy anymore.

• This is not an accurate statement. There are plenty groups known for their singing abilities: Mamamoo, ReVe, Purple Kiss, Dreamcatcher, my faves KISS OF LIFE and more.

Correction, most groups that have 1 or 2 great/good singers and 2+ average singers, and some bad singers/rappers/Visuals/dancers.

Very few groups have a lineup full of good singers, like Mamamoo or Spica.

as i have said before, kpop in general is not selling vocals. they have global fans bec they offer different means to be entertained than their local artists or western artists. having decent talent is enough, as long as u performed well and u have charisma -- ul accomplish many things 😂. its a pretty looking dessert , or ur side dish after completing ur main meal. there is nothing wrong with that tbh. everybody wants a good dessert after a meal.

and nobody knows them outside kr for a reason-- they cant compete with more talented artists outside kr, and if u lack charisma, & reason why global fans tune in, ur gonna be limited to ur small country with declining population.😂

I somehow get it but as time goes on its like... clearly people dont stan for vocals? they stan for the idols themselves

Oh my baby sweet like bubble gum!

16a5ad82f46a76cf3cdeb18fe28d7be0a6d0a66f.gifv

• Regular fearnots will not stan Mamamoo ... however good the vocals.

They can't get Hwasa licking her crotch during a performance out of their minds. Nasty!

This never happened nor was it very funny.

You're also 100% wrong. A lot of long-time MooMoos are also fans of LSF.

I'm the only weird MooMoo who turned into a hardcore fan of NJ.

• Knowing knetz' behavior very good, they will leave FEARNOT fandom soon. It's interesting to predict their "second choice", that will gather orphaned fans... Either it will be one of HYBE's sister groups New Jeans, Illit or girl crush like Babymonster, KIOF, Young Posse? I deny aespa and gidle influence because those fandoms are lsrfm's rivals.

The one who will attract fearnots will have a "golden share" to compete for kpop Olympus and may become the new national girl group of the next generation.

There is so much assumption in this statement that its embarassing to look at ^^ They will be more than fine, ppl stan ILLIT, NJ and LSFM not for their vocal skills anyway, worry about your faves instead.. Also what do you even mean by kpop olympus? there's no such thing its always Big 4 priviledge and how much money the company is willing to invest on a group and THATS IT..

• If their music isn't good, but mediocre, no amount of singing going to help you.

Once Le Sserafim drop the next release, we know the audience going to tune up.

These types of comments amuse me.

Covering or making excuses for the idols direct talent and taking pride for the one thing that's mostly not the responsibility for the idols at all - the actual music.

Like there's nothing wrong with liking the music or even taking pride in it, but attempting to clapback to someone's criticism of their talents with something that's almost entirely not their responsibility (and' please don't attempt to cope by pointing out their 1 b-side credit or a lyric credit after 20 composers, i'll just feel sorry for you) is just so cringe and hilarious i can't help but point it out.

• Well, BM has BIG-4 privilege...

Seems like BM and Kiss of Life are benefiting from it?

Maybe, maybe...

XG

Sadly, Koreans will never put Japanese group over Korean ones. It's all complicated between them and Japan

There is so much assumption in this statement that its embarassing to look at ^^ They will be more than fine, ppl stan ILLIT, NJ and LSFM not for their vocal skills anyway, worry about your faves instead.. Also what do you even mean by kpop olympus? there's no such thing its always Big 4 priviledge and how much money the company is willing to invest on a group and THATS IT..

kpop olympus is the place previously occupied by SNSD, GFriend and Twice

kpop stans be like "stan my faves instead!" When it ain't gon show up in the charts

:skull:

All of mentioned are presented in charts

MMmm. I will say Babymonster have the best chance here. They have the money (to promote) and the talent.

If they will continue to release an outdated music, even big-4 privilege may not save them

• These types of comments amuse me.

Covering or making excuses for the idols direct talent and taking pride for the one thing that's mostly not the responsibility for the idols at all - the actual music.

Like there's nothing wrong with liking the music or even taking pride in it, but attempting to clapback to someone's criticism of their talents with something that's almost entirely not their responsibility (and' please don't attempt to cope by pointing out their 1 b-side credit or a lyric credit after 20 composers, i'll just feel sorry for you) is just so cringe and hilarious i can't help but point it out.

What he says is FACT... No amount of talent will save you if your music release is sh*t.. It is always like this in KPOP the only exception is when the talented group also releases bop/hit music.

Why are kpop fans making it sound like Lsrfm members doesn't have other direct talents aside vocals?

:pepefacepalm:

We know what sells is the star factor and music. It's the truth.

The OP claims that the Lsrfm scandal will help some groups. How would that be? No amount of singing is going to save them if it didn't already if the music is bad. Lsrfm are not known for singing either so it's just at the end doesn't affect their fandom at all. I only stated the facts; the public will still choose to listen to Lsrfm over and again.

:pepe-just-smile:

• I've had a similar "scandal " in the end of the year awards last year, it was everywhere in kforums

Did that do smth to them or make someone else bigger? No

Year end award lip syncing not the same as embarassing kpop on the international stage.

• What he says is FACT... No amount of talent will save you if your music release is sh*t.

Agree.

But there's still something that exposes the truth of what kpop stans are like when the clapback to 'your fav can't sing' is to go 'well something that's not in the idols control is good so my idol is fine;.

It's a dark irony that essentially tells on themselves and the lie that is quintessential to kpop.- Apart from a very few groups, most of the success is not really down to the idols themselves.

• Year end award lip syncing not the same as embarassing kpop on the international stage.

As if Kpop didn't have a bad reputation already lol

Trust me, in casual listeners' eyes, nothing could be as embarrassing as Kpop fans.

• Why are kpop fans making it sound like Lsrfm members doesn't have other direct talents aside vocals?

Never said that. You were the one who brought up the music, not me.

I just was amused your immediate go to was the one part least directly influenced by the idols.

You didn't go 'they perform well, dance well, they are great on variety, they have excellent personalities, they are funny' etc etc, you just went straight to the one thing least in their control or influence or controlled by their talents.

As I said, it amused me. I enjoy it when stans tell on themselves.

• Year end award lip syncing not the same as embarassing kpop on the international stage.

It's getting the same coverage in kforum, specially bc it's involved wy

I was there to see it happen, everybody thought Ive would end like twice then kitsch and I am happen

• As if Kpop didn't have a bad reputation already lol

Trust me, in casual listeners' eyes, nothing could be as embarrassing as Kpop fans.

He's the dude who keeps posting lsfm hate tweets and propagating them :facepalm:

Year end award lip syncing not the same as embarassing kpop on the international stage.

Majority of people dont like kpop, even most koreans dont like kpop too :facepalm: kpop is a niche genre in the music industry. Lesserafim didn't represent the entire kpop, ATEEZ too.. They didnt perform there to represent kpop as a whole, they just want more ppl to know their group/music and garner fans and influence.. The thing is, ATEEZ performed a resounding success BUT their efforts gets drowned by LSFM controversies that i honestly feel bad for the boys.. This just shows that the whole kpop fandom are more interested in idol's failure than their success...

Also judging by your behavior, you the one who should be ashamed for supporting such toxic culture..

• If their music isn't good, but mediocre, no amount of singing going to help you.

Once Le Sserafim drop the next release, we know the audience going to tune up.

:pepemusic:

ngl you sound a bit shady with that comment :whistling:

actually baemon is the best example that vocals can save you because sheesh got a lot of mixed reactions when it was released

and now people are starting to tune in to check them out and some even are starting to like it

thinking that talent alone can make a grp succeed is such an ignorant take as well. nmixx is a talented grp and came from big 4 as well but aint having that success . there are also more talented people that aint making it in the industry at all. so illl say -- charisma is number 1, good music #2, ( but these 2 is a must to guarantee success globally!) visually pleasant ( at least 2 members, good if all😂), decent skill set - singing, dancing , facial expression, stage presence ( ngl, this is the most impt- some people can sing but zero stage presence).

• ngl you sound a bit shady with that comment :whistling:

actually baemon is the best example that vocals can save you because sheesh got a lot of mixed reactions when it was released

and now people are starting to tune in to check them out and some even are starting to like it

BM rising because of their promo is it not? even NMIXX got grand praises but never the case with them. Not to be rude, I'm saying what kpop stans been saying. people are acting like BM, KOL now rising because of Le Sserafim? and suddenly vocal is relevant. The vocals were never the requirement anyway, and once Le Sserafim is back, we can see how everyone switch up.

:thinkerpepe:

• BM rising because of their promo is it not? even NMIXX got grand praises but never the case with them. Not to be rude, I'm saying what kpop stans been saying. people are acting like BM, KOL now rising because of Le Sserafim? and suddenly vocal is relevant. The vocals were never the requirement anyway, and once Le Sserafim is back, we can see how everyone switch up.

:thinkerpepe:

so you were shady then? X/ but their promo is focusing on their singing and getting praised for their voclas that's why they are trending actually . well, obviously is a combination of many factors promo + vocals controversy not only about lsfm but in general. Having said that I feel bad for the witchhunt lsfm is getting ( they are actually a group that I kind of like )

Nmixx is a different case they debuted at a wrong time imo

well I don't think this will affect slmf it will pass eventually I don't think this will be their downfall at all I'm used to seeing how some girl groups get hate and won't affect their success

• This thread contains 36 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!