Is Illit now bigger than IVE?

• With Illit now owning the biggest debut ever for a girl group jumping passed NJ (a feat predicted by Yama that will never be surpassed yet was basically surpassed 3 weeks later) have they already dethroned IVE as #2?

Magnetic already has Illit looking like 2018 BTS in the success department.

I'm thinking IVE has already peaked and Illit is just getting started so does IVE have any chance at staying #2?

• With Illit now owning the biggest debut ever for a girl group jumping passed NJ (a feat predicted by Yama that will never be surpassed yet was basically surpassed 3 weeks later)

This isn't true no matter how much you NewJeans antis keep trying to force this narrative.

NewJeans remain comfortably the biggest debut in K-Pop history, and it still isn't particularly close. Don't make me get out the numbers, and even then, the impact of their debut far exceeds just number.

NewJeans' debut was an industry shaking cultural reset, and as I keep saying, they've been the center of the K-Pop universe ever since, and nobody knew when or where they would land until they already landed.

It takes more than a higher Spotify debut to dethrone what can only be described as an unprecedented force of nature that was NewJeans' debut.

ILLIT, if they get a debut in the Hot 100, will be the closest thing we've seen success wise to NewJeans (not in Korea, mind you. NewJeans was already at a real-time all kill with their entire album charting), but IMPACT WISE it's not a competition or a conversation.

Congrats, Drew. You found the one thing that actually triggers me right now :pepe-firing:

• Active Girl Groups most recent Spotify Global results

1. New Jeans Super Shy - #4 - Day 14 - 4,726,910 (filtered)

*2. Illit Magnetic - #15 (peak #13) - Day 12 - 3,812,420 (filtered)

3. Lsf Easy - #52 - Day 4 - 2,122,349 (filtered)

*4. BabyMonster Sheesh - #69 - Day 2 - 1,769,138 (filtered)

5. Aespa Drama - #71 - Day 2 — 1,607,616 (filtered)

6. Twice I Got You - #130 - Day 1 - 1,481,182 (filtered)

* 7. Kiss of Life - did not chart - Day 2 - 1,206,314 (unfiltered)

8. Gidle Super Lady - did not chart - Day 2 - 1,115,268 (unfiltered)

9. Ive Baddie - did not chart - Day 4 - 987,194 (unfiltered)

Edited once, last by K-PL ().

• Spotify records? maybe. ILLIT better get those RAK/PAK now because the moment IVE comes back, the top song in the K-charts would change in an instant.

Album sales, they are not there yet.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Illit need to back it up with a successful sophomore album/single, then yeah....maybe they are in contention for not just for the 2nd spot but the gg throne which keeps changing occupants every 2-3 months :pepe-shrug:

• With a debut? not yet. Few more comebacks will push them up for sure.

You have to admit, Illit will hold one of the biggest debut in history.

Bold will trigger the Newjeans stan who is still coping with the new normal, but if they do get a Hot 100 debut and back it up with kchart RAKs/PAKs, I would agree on this. They already have the first week sales record for a gg on debut if I am not mistaken, so yup.

• Illit need to back it up with a successful sophomore album/single, then yeah....maybe they are in contention for not just for the 2nd spot but the gg throne which keeps changing occupants every 2-3 months :pepe-shrug:

It hasn't changed in 2 years. Stop the cap.

NewJeans are more dominant in 4th gen than any prior top group was in their own gen, yet people still say things like this.

• Bold will trigger the Newjeans stan who is still coping with the new normal, but if they do get a Hot 100 debut and back it up with kchart RAKs/PAKs, I would agree on this. They already have the first week sales record for a gg on debut if I am not mistaken, so yup.

I'm right here if you have something you wish to discuss with me.

I've literally already said multiple times that ILLIT will have the second biggest girl group debut in history if they debut in the Hot 100.

But if you think that it's bigger than NewJeans' debut, you must have been living under a rock in 2022.

• I'm right here if you have something you wish to discuss with me.

I've literally already said multiple times that ILLIT will have the second biggest girl group debut in history if they debut in the Hot 100.

But if you think that it's bigger than NewJeans' debut, you must have been living under a rock in 2022.

You need to move with the times, it is not 2022 anymore, it is 2024. Illit is challenging for the biggest debut ever and you are too hung up to see it. Like I said they need to check a few boxes - RAK/PAKs and the Hot 100 debut to seal the deal.

You lack objectivity when it comes to dealing with facts regarding Newjeans but most people do realise what Illit is about to do is the most extraordinary seen for a gg, how ever it may have been achieved.

• NewJeans are more dominant in 4th gen than any prior top group was in their own gen

How many world tours have they done? They organize fan concerts in Japan and then with the participation of top stars, at that time Aespa and IVE filled huge stadiums for solo performances. I won't mention the previous generations, they didn't come close to the popularity of Twice/BlackPink, who paved the way for girl groups around the world while male groups dominated. New Jeans go with everything

ready and simply achieving success through money.

:facepalm:

• You need to move with the times, it is not 2022 anymore, it is 2024. Illit is challenging for the biggest debut ever and you are too hung up to see it. Like I said they need to check a few boxes - RAK/PAKs and the Hot 100 debut to seal the deal.

You lack objectivity when it comes to dealing with facts regarding Newjeans but most people do realise what Illit is about to do is the most extraordinary seen for a gg, how ever it may have been achieved.

It's really hard to take your thoughts on what's happening in 2024 seriously, when your comments are so divorced from reality.

ILLIT is not challenging for biggest debut ever, and your spouting random benchmarks doesn't change that fact either.

By this point, NewJeans already had a real-time all kill for days, after a surprise debut, and had three songs on the top 10, and their entire album was getting tons of love and attention. They quite almost literally took over K-Pop. Brands were tripping over themselves to sign them to deals. There were a million covers of Hype Boy from idols and fans, as it went viral. They sold the most albums of any debut album since 1997. And their music and aesthetics became THE trend, which is why groups like Riize and now ILLIT get accused of copying them, sometimes unfairly.

You can make really powerful arguments for the success of Magnetic as a song, but in terms of overall debut, NewJeans is still way ahead of everyone.

If Magnetic makes ILLIT the biggest debut, I guess Cupid made 5050 the most popular girl group in the world at its peak, but we know that's not how it works.

Don't you ever come for my objectivity again. I know what I'm talking about, and it is all factually based.

And the ultimate proof of how massive NewJeans' debut was would be their very next comeback absolutely shattering records and setting brand new ones.

I will never stop repeating this achievement.

While setting a new all-time record for PAKs, NewJeans occupied the #1, #2, and #3 positions on every single chart in Korea for 3 consecutive months. Only Big Bang has ever come close to that, and they only did it for 2 months.

We both know I could go further. But let's go back to what I said earlier.

Stop the cap. You all are so desperate to weaponize ILLIT against NewJeans out of your own insecurity and jealousy, and it's just sad.

• Nj's debut in Korea is unmatched. Hype boy charting is insane. Attention was huge. Biggest debut era ever in Korea.

Illit hasn't even outdone Ive and itzy on kcharts yet which were the next biggest debuts in 4th gen. Both eleven and dalla dalla r above 900M points on circle. Illit can outdo them but it's a long road.

Internationally illit is doing better. 3.8M streams for kpop is godly. Nj debut didn't have big peaks like magnetic but hype boy had great longevity and set them up for more glory which we saw during ditto. Nj also had attention doing well and all songs from their debut mini is above 100M streams. Will illit achieve this? I assume no.

Illit doing much better on apple music and Japan with debut.

MASHIRO

2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv 5d5af69566f510634a33f7872a6a1d2060660504.gifv 2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv 2345da50879ac97ff52e1aad2faeecbfbd68798a.gifv 2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv 56959991afe4d396e38842dc0e1e20e6f89ab0b6.gifv 2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv

• Nj's debut in Korea is unmatched. Hype boy charting is insane. Attention was huge. Biggest debut era ever in Korea.

Illit hasn't even outdone Ive and itzy on kcharts yet which were the next biggest debuts in 4th gen. Both eleven and dalla dalla r above 900M points on circle. Illit can outdo them but it's a long road.

Internationally illit is doing better. 3.8M streams for kpop is godly. Nj debut didn't have big peaks like magnetic but hype boy had great longevity and set them up for more glory which we saw during ditto. Nj also had attention doing well and all songs from their debut mini is above 100M streams. Will illit achieve this? I assume no.

Illit doing much better on apple music and Japan with debut.

I was about to do this, so thank you.

Let's just take the opinions and narratives and agendas out of the equation and look at the raw numbers.

ILLIT is outdoing NewJeans' debut era on Spotify. NewJeans is far ahead everywhere else numbers wise.

• With Illit now owning the biggest debut ever for a girl group jumping passed NJ (a feat predicted by Yama that will never be surpassed yet was basically surpassed 3 weeks later) have they already dethroned IVE as #2?

Magnetic already has Illit looking like 2018 BTS in the success department.

I'm thinking IVE has already peaked and Illit is just getting started so does IVE have any chance at staying #2?

2018 BTS was debuting top 10 hits on billboard. No kpop group has touched BTS 2018 stats yet

• I was about to do this, so thank you.

Let's just take the opinions and narratives and agendas out of the equation and look at the raw numbers.

ILLIT is outdoing NewJeans' debut era on Spotify. NewJeans is far ahead everywhere else numbers wise.

It’s not just Spotify. Apple Music is in the bag too and billboard. Overall they will edge out on Newjeans. Already broke their debut album sales so it’s not far fetched

• 2018 BTS was debuting top 10 hits on billboard. No kpop group has touched BTS 2018 stats yet

I mean they were literally the 2nd biggest recording artist in the world in 2018

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Kpoppies will never truly grasp the magnitude of what BTS is, it is too much of a cognitive dissonance for them to accept how far beyond the reach of their Kpop faves BTS is.

This is BTS in 2024 while in hiatus and not having a proper album comeback in 4 years while all their currently so called "biggest groups" are nowhere to be seen in these global Kpop lists...lol. No wonder all they fight over is kcharts. To become a legacy act whose impact will not be shaken with every other new group debuting is not an easy feat and many currently active group stans do not get this. We will see how these groups fare 5 years down the line to see what legacy they leave.

• If hybe goes harder next comeback Illit could easily become #1 surpassing newjeans, their debut song alone is doing most numbers than the entire newjeans debut EP at least until hybe injected the today's top hits payola into newjeans debut. If Illit start selling millions next comeback they will become the top girl group and depending how hybe support newjeans from now they could be the ones fighting for #2 place in no time.

If ive next comeback underperform worse than baddie era #2 or #3 won't be the issue, they could easily drop below top 5.

• If hybe goes harder next comeback Illit could easily become #1 surpassing newjeans, their debut song alone is doing most numbers than the entire newjeans debut EP at least until hybe injected the today's top hits payola into newjeans debut. If Illit start selling millions next comeback they will become the top girl group and depending how hybe support newjeans from now they could be the ones fighting for #2 place in no time.

If ive next comeback underperform worse than baddie era #2 or #3 won't be the issue, they could easily drop below top 5.

Are they not already below top 5? See post #4 RE: Is Illit now bigger than IVE?

• Just bc they have one hit everybody is coming to conclusion like bitch be fr. Fifty Fifty literally had the most viral song of 2023 and the next day they disbanded nobody seemed to bat an eye. As a tokki I can’t believe i’m defending IVE but you ain’t competing with them anytime soon, not unless you got 5 songs with 100M+ on spotify - pretty good for a group that “flopped” in the west. You mean to tell me Wonhee aka watered down Wonyoung is the face of your group? gimme a break 😭

• It’s not just Spotify. Apple Music is in the bag too and billboard. Overall they will edge out on Newjeans. Already broke their debut album sales so it’s not far fetched

No, they won't. It's still not even close. NewJeans did a surprise debut, with zero teasers or promotions, so in isolation, their otherworldly success is still the most impressive of any K-Pop group we've ever seen.

Magnetic is doing stupid numbers on Spotify and Apple Music, and I'm not afraid to admit that. But other than Magnetic, there are zero indications ILLIT overall are in the same class as NewJeans' debut.

I don't think any of you understand the historical significance of a group's ENTIRE debut album getting mass streamed, with the 3 out of 4 songs in the top 10 on every chart in Korea.

The world wasn't just obsessed with one song; they were obsessed with the group. By the time NewJeans finishes their debut era, they were global superstars already.

And in Korea? Don't even try to compare them.

They were getting interviewed by the Nation's MC

External Content youtu.be

And after this, they were later interviewed on a national broadcast news channel. They were THAT big that they became a national headline and only the second Kpop group ever to be invited to that platform

External Content youtu.be

I'm not saying it's impossible for ILLIT to get this popular, but you all are MASSIVELY underestimating how high NJ set the bar, if you think one song blowing up is enough to match them

;judgingpepe:

• Magnetic is doing stupid numbers on Spotify and Apple Music, and I'm not afraid to admit that. But other than Magnetic, there are zero indications ILLIT overall are in the same class as NewJeans' debut.

Lol how do you say that illit is doing great numbers on the biggest audio streaming sites then turn around and say there are zero indicators ^^^^^^

In your own words from another thread, if I remember correctly you said you will admit ill it’s debut is bigger than Newjeans if they debut on billboard. What happened to that? :eyes:

• Lol how do you say that illit is doing great numbers on the biggest audio streaming sites then turn around and say there are zero indicators ^^^^^^

In your own words from another thread, if I remember correctly you said you will admit ill it’s debut is bigger than Newjeans if they debut on billboard. What happened to that? :eyes:

Because this same logic could be used to argue 50/50 was the biggest girl group in the world during Cupid's peak, but nobody would make that argument. I hope.

NewJeans, as I've said several times, was a debut that completely transformed the K-Pop landscape.

You remember that asteroid from the Antifragile music video? That was basically NewJeans' debut, except no radars detected them until they'd already made impact, and the shockwaves from that impact are still being felt today

When I say zero indicators, I mean I see no evidence the K-Pop world is obsessing over ILLIT the same way they obsessed over NewJeans.

After NewJeans debuted, it was obvious to everyone not in denial that they were ALREADY the most popular girl group in Korea and would soon be challenging for the global title.

Can we say the same thing about ILLIT just off Magnetic 's performance? I don't think so.

And I already said I'm a complicated web of emotions. That means I'll be full of contradictions. I don't know. Leave me alone!!! :pepe-laser-eyes:

• This thread contains 14 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!