What happened to Kazuha's popularity tho?

• When she debuted her visuals were getting so much attention, we all thought she'd be competing with Wonyoung and Karina but ever since then she's never been brought up to the discussions again.

Did her looks change as she matured or is it because knetz learned that she's Japanese and therefore decided she's no match to "Korean beauties"? :pepe-magnify:

• She still has popularity, but at the end of the day, there's a ceiling to her popularity simply because she's not Korean, and does not speak Korean fluently. It's no different to other popular foreign idols before her, like Tzuyu, Sana, etc. People say Tzuyu would be it girl this or it girl that if it wasn't for JYP holding her back, but at the end of the day, it's all speculation and history shows that foreign idols never really reach that peak.

• Honestly it doesn't really feel like lsrf are getting much attention on koreans community for their visuals

I rarely see article trend about any of the member visuals compare to karina or wonyoung

I think kazuha is kind of getting the treatment of sullyoon tons of people hyping her at debut because she feels new and then the hype kinda decrease to focus on other idols like haerin

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• mediaplay stopped

korean popularity is pretty much completely determined by who they pay the media to write articles about

most of the articles are about looks or about very unimportant stuff, but more articles = more of a celeb status

and kazuha hasnt had some in a while

outside of that, she's good at nothing so of course she's not generating organic hype

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• She got hype because she’s pretty and was a ballerina. Less people talking about her now was expected cause what’s the point of calling people pretty 2000 times and her being a ballerina is being talked about less because she’s an idol now so it’s becoming more irrelevant. She’s still liked but it’s interesting that eunchae seems to be catching up, because of her personality and her being an mc

• Honestly it doesn't really feel like lsrf are getting much attention on koreans community for their visuals

I rarely see article trend about any of the member visuals compare to karina or wonyoung

I think kazuha is kind of getting the treatment of sullyoon tons of people hyping her at debut because she feels new and then the hype kinda decrease to focus on other idols like haerin

That karina sneak😂

• She got hype because she’s pretty and was a ballerina. Less people talking about her now was expected cause what’s the point of calling people pretty 2000 times and her being a ballerina is being talked about less because she’s an idol now so it’s becoming more irrelevant. She’s still liked but it’s interesting that eunchae seems to be catching up, because of her personality and her being an mc

Considering eunchae has a ton of promo she still lagging behind Chaewon and Kazuha in Korea. Euchae has the personality to attract I-fans but not so much in Korea.

• In NJ and lsf all members are promoted, unlike other groups.

It is a different marketing strategy because I'd do the opposite and mainly push Minji and Sakura. However this strategy might actually be working and an effective long term strategy, because both groups are #1 and #2 4th gen groups globally now.

• She still has popularity, but at the end of the day, there's a ceiling to her popularity simply because she's not Korean, and does not speak Korean fluently. It's no different to other popular foreign idols before her, like Tzuyu, Sana, etc. People say Tzuyu would be it girl this or it girl that if it wasn't for JYP holding her back, but at the end of the day, it's all speculation and history shows that foreign idols never really reach that peak.

Yeah, as I said, that is my biggest suspicion.

Foreign idols can reach the top but not as visuals. Female communities would support Sana, Tsuki types who are cute and quirky but supporting someone with visuals that rival those of Korean celebrities would hurt their national pride.

Korean men, on the other hand, do like Japanese girls but they ain't enough. To move the conversation you need to appeal to women as well.

Karina and Wonyoung might look more interesting with make up and styling. But pure natural visual wise Kazuha >>> both and it is not even close. Put all the idols next to each other without make up and Kazuha would be the standout.

• I posed a similar question in a recent thread of mine: An Analysis of Le Sserafim Individual Member Fancam Views (or: What Happened to Kazuha?)

When Le Sserafim first debuted, Kazuha actually had the highest fancam views, even more than Sakura. However, these days, she often loses out to even Eunchae.

I mean this one isn't surprising, visual members often seem to lose to other members in popularity withing the group. Taeyeon > Yoona, Sana, Momo, Nayeon > Tzuyu, Lisa, Jennie > Jisoo and so on.

Losing to other visuals tho, that's another thing. The thing is she isn't even talked about as the visual of this gen, when she arguably is. As I said in another comment, her make up free face seats on top. If they all went into acting she'd clearly win over Wonyoung or Karina. But make up doesn't help her as much as it helps those two.

• I mean this one isn't surprising, visual members often seem to lose to other members in popularity withing the group. Taeyeon > Yoona, Sana, Momo, Nayeon > Tzuyu, Lisa, Jennie > Jisoo and so on.

Losing to other visuals tho, that's another thing. The thing is she isn't even talked about as the visual of this gen, when she arguably is. As I said in another comment, her make up free face seats on top. If they all went into acting she'd clearly win over Wonyoung or Karina. But make up doesn't help her as much as it helps those two.

Yoona was the most popular member of SNSD until the day they went on hiatus, and Tzuyu was Twice's "it girl" early on & still one of the most popular, so your theory doesn't hold water.

• No, I'm most certainly not. But I've read your posts and don't actually expect you to know any better, so...

Dude, you are wrong. And I really don't know what else to add. Like if there was some argument to make, I would. But you're literally just wrong, you're arguing about a known fact.

• Dude, you are wrong. And I really don't know what else to add. Like if there was some argument to make, I would. But you're literally just wrong, you're arguing about a known fact.

You not having any argument is literally the best argument I could possibly have. You're just saying I'm wrong because you can't stand being wrong yourself, but you have no retort, nothing to correct. Calling your ill-informed opinions "fact" won't make them true. ^^

• You not having any argument is literally the best argument I could possibly have. You're just saying I'm wrong because you can't stand being wrong yourself, but you have no retort, nothing to correct. Calling your ill-informed opinions "fact" won't make them true. ^^

No, it is not "my opinion", it is indeed a fact. You can go talk to any Once or any Sone, they're gonna tell you the same. That's why I don't think it's worth arguing. Bye.

• disagree, her personality is fit for korean standards, if she play her cards well, she could end having the most longevity in Korea solo in variety

lsfrm most popularity as of now seem to be eunchae

she is a lot in kforums

tho much of that its bc she is very cute, so I wonder when she grows up will that go away with age

who know

Her personality is very likable both internationally and in Korea, however it is also a type of a personality that can easily get into controversy. She is walking on a very thin line, if she overdoes it just a bit, knetz will go from cute to "Omo she's disprespectful, how dare she acts like that, where the unnies looking at".

Yeri and Shuhua have both been there. Knetz were laughing at Shuhua pushing the formality boundaries. until she did that in one show where she got called out.

• her make up free face seats on top

No one cares about the no make up face. When people watch clips online, when they perform, on shows, in ads. It is always with make up.

Visuals don't stand out anymore as pretty much all members of groups look really pretty these days (especially after make up, photoshop etc which is what people online see.)

They need an outgoing individual personality, good/cute/sexy dance performance to really standout.

• No one cares about the no make up face. When people watch clips online, when they perform, on shows, in ads. It is always with make up.

Visuals don't stand out anymore as pretty much all members of groups look really pretty these days (especially after make up, photoshop etc which is what people online see.)

They need an outgoing individual personality, good/cute/sexy dance performance to really standout.

Well, in movie industry they do. So if they all dived into acting Kazuha would win. But yeah, you're right about idols.

• Same thing for Winter losing out to Karina, Sullyoon to Lily, etc, having good visuals will only take you so far in KPOP. Charisma-wise Chaewon is far more interesting and has a more interesting personality so naturally she became more popular

I'd say Haewon rather than Lily. Lily is popular with a lot of non-fans in the international community, but I'd say Haewon is still the most popular with Sullyoon second to her.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• how does she rank compared to the others do you know?

im a bit late loll but imo in korea

1. chaewon

2. eunchae/kazuha

3. yunjin

4. sakura

all the members are very close in popularity but chaewon takes the cake

i remember seeing a google search ranking thingo for female gg idols and chaewon was like 6 th, with eunchae and zuha around 10th to 13th. then, yunjin and sakura were in the twenties.

chaewon by far is the most popular, esp being in izone, korean, and after dododok went viral LOL.

then eunchae grew in popularity after being musicbank mc and sh's adored a lot in a cute little sister way by a lot of people.

then there's zuha, who's visuals people LOVEE and tbh i think her personality bloomed after learning more korean.

and then yunjin and sakura are both well respected but just not as popular as the other 3.

• interesting

• I think sakura is still above yunjin. Yunjin is really NOT being appreciated in Korea im not even sure why

• Yoona was the most popular member of SNSD until the day they went on hiatus, and Tzuyu was Twice's "it girl" early on & still one of the most popular, so your theory doesn't hold water.

Hmm for this instance i would like to agree with Dreamer. Yoona was not the most popular member of SNSD. She was known for being visual + center but Taeyeon has always been more loved (especially by their fanbase, alongside jessica)

Tzuyu totally overtaken by Nayeon & Sana after the flag incident.

In both cases, they are popular for being the visuals but they were never the super IT girl (Yoona maybe was during their earlier career but towards mid not so much i feel)

• I think sakura is still above yunjin. Yunjin is really NOT being appreciated in Korea im not even sure why

yea those two r uncertain for me. but yea i agree, yunjin i not popular in korea at all for some reason ;(

tbh i think those two are on a similar level exxcept kkura's previous work as n idol makes her more respected and well known which is why she slightly edges out yunjin in popularity

• This thread contains one more post that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!