I don’t think IVE is marketed the best they can be by Starship

• And by this i mean that they constantly are promoting at the same time as difficult acts to promote against internationally and it sort of forced them into a local group. Dont get me wrong, none of them are afraid of their bills not being paid or anything but they still could be MORE successful if they were timed better

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

• External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Honestly it seems pretty tough to not face a lot of competition when your music drops. So many big acts releasing multiple times a year.

Starships done awesome with Ive so far but I do think they should have passed on the 3+ TT trend. Seems like it's having diminishing returns at this point.

• I think starship did great with them. They've had hit after hit.

All they need to do, is not mess up from now on.

And this song, isn't it a prerelease? Their title track will probably do well

+ If starship, waits till difficult acts aren't promoting anymore, they can wait forever.

NewJeans é envolvido em nova polêmica com o MV de “OMG” | Revista KoreaIN

Edited once, last by lialve ().

• I think starship did great with them. They've had hit after hit.

All they need to do, is not mess up from now on.

And this song, isn't it a prerelease? Their title track will probably do well

+ If starship, waits till difficult acts aren't promoting anymore, they can wait forever.

They're doing the multi-Title/MV thing

• I'm confused, who are these 'difficult acts' they're competing against internationally.

In March and April when I am dropped, who was the big kpop group promoting at the same time?

• But was it bad that they went against big acts when they managed to stay on top against each of them?

Love Dive: #1, multiple soty daesangs

After Like: #1 went viral, highest UL peak record of 4th gen

Kitsch: #1, did really well for a surprise release

I Am: #1, 2nd longest 4th gen song on top10 behind only hype boy, highest ul record for 2023.

I think that only makes Ive cooler that they werent afraid of competing directly against big groups, show that theres confidence in their music and appeal.

Their lowest performing songs were Eleven (#3) and Either Way (#13), the latter had only 1 MV of promo: about that I agree it was managed in a the worst way possible, but the song and mv paid off.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• I don’t think the competition is their biggest problem imo and it always helped them to get bigger exposure

I'm confused, who are these 'difficult acts' they're competing against internationally.

In March and April when I am dropped, who was the big kpop group promoting at the same time?

Hum…in a world where Jisoo doesn’t exist

And last year they were competing against BB, BP, NJ, Twice, SNSD :annoyedk:

• I'm confused, who are these 'difficult acts' they're competing against internationally.

Ive already went against bp g idle nj aespa lsf jisoo snsd jimin exo just to name a few bc every release of theirs were during full house. I'm pretty sure i forgot more, i cant blame you for not being aware bc when ive takes #1 its easy to forget their competitors

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Starship isn't doing their best for IVE this comeback for sure. However, the competition was never a problem. IVE is one of the top digital monster in Korea right now. They should only be afraid of BTS, NewJeans, IU, LYW, and AKMU(Maybe I missed some ?( )

and for internationally, unless Columbia or Starship do something to promote them in the west, they won't go higher.I still can't believe that their album isn't distribute to the US yet? like Cravity have their own store like with how popular IVE is shouldn't Starship do thing faster? like they are too uncompetitive is a problem.

• Starship isn't doing their best for IVE this comeback for sure. However, the competition was never a problem. IVE is one of the top digital monster in Korea right now. They should only be afraid of BTS, NewJeans, IU, LYW, and AKMU(Maybe I missed some ?( )

and for internationally, unless Columbia or Starship do something to promote them in the west, they won't go higher.I still can't believe that their album isn't distribute to the US yet? like Cravity have their own store like with how popular IVE is shouldn't Starship do thing faster? like they are too uncompetitive is a problem.

Considering they used to promote monsta x massively in the west. It’s not like they have no experience they should just stick to Korea.

• Kitsch - Melon Peak #1, 496,449 ULs

Either Way - Melon Peak #13, ~125,000 ULs

Kakao/Starship Privilege = 375,000 ULs

Don't worry Dives they will invoke their "privilege" again soon.

• Considering they used to promote monsta x massively in the west. It’s not like they have no experience they should just stick to Korea.

The dude responsible for their promos in the west was Eshy, he also had experience promoting BTS, Starship have no relations to him anymore afaik so unfortunately theyre still kinda clueless I think

JCsIq3Q.gif

• I don't think Either Way is the type of song that casual listeners want from them. If the title track is more in the likes of their previous ones, dance pop-oriented with an empowering message, they will do great on the charts.

They are still a new group, not even 2 years old, plenty of time to promote in other markets and whatnot.

• Either way is a great song, they just need to promote in music shows...put WY singing with a pretty outfit in a dreamy set and this song will peak...I am still waiting to see them performing the song

• Hum…in a world where Jisoo doesn’t exist

I said Kpop Groups, so full credit for Jisoo for splitting herself into multiples, but nonetheless I guess that counts.

They don't really compete in the same space at all. If Jisoo and Jimin is the best people can give for a March/April window then IVE pretty much had that window to themselves in their demographic.

Ive already went against bp g idle nj aespa lsf jisoo snsd jimin exo

They went against all of them in March and April this year? Wow that was definitely a period I forgot.

The only real claim to 'competition' you have is After Like. Both Love Dive and I am (and Eleven) weren't exactly fighting their way in a packed house - they had maybe one other group making noise at the same time if that, and barely any groups which had demographic crossover - except for After Like.

(Also they've never gone against Exo, LSF or Aespa directly, and Idle is very tenuous considering it was 3 weeks after)

You guys are acting like it's some sort of gross incompetence that every so often (1 out of 4) there's a fair amount of groups promoting at the same time. It's a bit of a reach.

• obviously I'm speculating but isn't it like an industry secret that the big x collude together to ensure that their group's releases don't line up exactly???

• Ive debuted in the same month IU, Mino, Somi and bol4 released music. Also Everglow, Twice, Stray Kids, Itzy, Monsta X and Ateez, and Seventeen which are known names in the industry, what I would call full house.

Love Dive was released during the same time as BigBang's last song together Still Life which had a record of 800k+ ULs. It was LD's direct competition. Psy feat. Suga also released a song in the same month (That That).

I won't mention After Like since you're already aware that it went directly against Blackpink, NewJeans, SNSD and Twice.

I Am competed directly against G-idle's Queencard, Le Sserafim's Unforgiven, aespa's Spicy. ALL of these songs achieved #1 on melon during that time.

You don't even know the stuff you talk about lol, clearly a typical ive naysayer used to talk bullshit hoping it sticks.

JCsIq3Q.gif

• "Kakao Entertainment has also signed a partnership with Columbia Records, a label under Sony Music, and is in the process of carrying out a world tour and advancement into North America for IVE, a girl group from Starship Entertainment under Kakao Entertainment."

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• "Kakao Entertainment has also signed a partnership with Columbia Records, a label under Sony Music, and is in the process of carrying out a world tour and advancement into North America for IVE, a girl group from Starship Entertainment under Kakao Entertainment."

they been posting these since forever and you still cant get albums in us stores

84_years_meme.jpg

• Your only argument is that this year they haven’t enough competition this year. While a month right after they had LSR, Gidle and Aespa and they basically released at the same time as Jisoo.

So I don’t know why you’re playing dense when we all know IVE promotes usually when big acts cb.

Can they come up with something else we do not care

I'm just afraid SS will become like SM, who put all their groups in a bubble to make sure they will not bigger than they supposed to be. SM didn't want their artists to have more influence than them, so it's easier to pressure them to renew their contract later. When those groups are big enough to their liking, the company will giving less and less effort to promote them to make sure the group didn't burst the boundary that already set.

Idk if SS saw Yg /Bp situation right now and have some doubt about Ive.

• I'm just afraid SS will become like SM, who put all their groups in a bubble to make sure they will not bigger than they supposed to be. SM didn't want their artists to have more influence than them, so it's easier to pressure them to renew their contract later. When those groups are big enough to their liking, the company will giving less and less effort to promote them to make sure the group didn't burst the boundary that already set.

Idk if SS saw Yg /Bp situation right now and have some doubt about Ive.

Yes this could be definitely why they haven't turned on the juice yet, and are pressuring them to sign new contracts.

Kitsch - Melon Peak #1, 496,449 ULs

Either Way - Melon Peak #13, ~125,000 ULs

Both are pre-release title tracks, just 5 months apart, yet they have dropped 75% in ULs or 375,000 ULs. Its just mean that they are not helping to fully market them like before. It makes them look like they are B-Tier.

• lmao will you eat your words once off the record/baddie is released? either way is a slow ballad song and ive title track wise are known for their upbeat songs

• lmao will you eat your words once off the record/baddie is released? either way is a slow ballad song and ive title track wise are known for their upbeat songs

Huh?

Very soon they are going to turn on their special "marketing", so don't worry they will be #1 soon, and not peak at #13.

• You got a source for this? :pepe-notes:

Circle digital top10

JCsIq3Q.gif

Edited once, last by catzi ().

• They were already promoting Kitsch before Kitsch was released. They went to some variety show like Amazing Saturday to promote them. However, for Either Way, SS did no shit with them. Also, Kpop group ballad tend to not do well.

• They were already promoting Kitsch before Kitsch was released. They went to some variety show like Amazing Saturday to promote them. However, for Either Way, SS did no shit with them. Also, Kpop group ballad tend to not do well.

And even with just 1 mv as promotion Either Way peaked higher than Cool With You that had much stronger promotion - 3 music videos, 2 celebs appearances and 1 dance practice. People underestimate Either Way's performance on charts only because it's Ive.

JCsIq3Q.gif

• And even with just 1 mv as promotion Either Way peaked higher than Cool With You that had much stronger promotion - 3 music videos, 2 celebs appearances and 1 dance practice. People underestimate Either Way's performance on charts only because it's Ive.

I didn't mention any other song because I don't want to create fanwar, but you mention it :pepe-smug:

• This thread contains 4 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!