Does Starship feel threatened by New Jeans fulgurant ascent?

• Hi guys.

In this ruthless rookie GG battle, I think there might be some hints in the After Like sudden august release while they already have a song in the top 10 (close to the top 5). This comeback feels a bit rushed. A september/october comback would have made more sense I think.

What linked it all to me are various hints. For example how the first teasers have nothing to do with the song concept. It felt completely random duh. Like they were trying to showcase how IVE are young and fresh and different/artsy just like NJ because they felt threatened by the freshness of NJ. Like it was saying: "Look our girls are also young and fresh and cool" even though in reality their concept is more mature and glamorous dolls with fireworks and luxury cars and just very intricate and manufactured somehow like Izone etc.

As SS felt threatened (and rightfully so i would say), they made IVE come back sooner, with a twist of concept in the teasers to showcase their freshness and to somehow overshadow New Jeans while they are just babies that are trying to build up their names right when they are exploding and building up their brand.

Also the rabbit was so random as well in the mv, and that did it for me. Because it reminded me of NJ's rabbit somehow and then all the patterns made sense and thus here i am writing this thread. Of course it could be total nonsense even though i highly doubt it.

So those are my hints:

1. sudden august release while they still have a song in the top 10

2. the random teasers that have nothing to do with their song concept displaying their innocence/youth in contrast with their glamorous original concept

3. the rabbit in the mv that look like NJ rabbit (??)

In conclusion, is After Like sudden august release there to co*kblock NewJeans fulgurant ascent because SS felt shocked and threatened by NJ? Discuss :pepe-use-head::pepe-popcorn:

ps: if they are going to be able to do it is another story, the fact the even BP couldn't dethrone them makes me thing that it might not be that easy :eyes:

• From Eleven to Love drive; 4 months.

From Love Drive to After like 4.5 months.

Who was threatening Starship in April?

pasted-from-clipboard.png

• oh wow, i didn't know. that's like a month ago right? is that common? mmm

so i my theory could be wrong then :wellr:

but maybe they knew by insiders that this new hybe/min hee jin girl group were gonna debut :pepe-cop: because those patterns sound not completely nonsensical i think :eyes:

yeah it's been 4 month during their 1 and second release but it makes sense for them to comback not long after their debut to build up their brand which they did. So it's just looks pretty random for them to comeback after that while they're still close to the top 5. that's all.

They announced an August comeback in the middle of July.

pasted-from-clipboard.png

• yeah it's been 4 month during their 1 and second release but it makes sense for them to comback not long after their debut to build up their brand which they did. So it's just looks pretty random for them to comeback after that while they're still close to the top 5. that's all.

maybe insiders knew that a new very young promising hybe gg was going to debut in august? who knows? or maybe i could be completely wrong :clown: which is quite possible too duh

• lol this changes everything

It's so funny because when they said IVE was gonna comeback in August everyone was like "oh they're gonna go up against Blackpink/Twice?!" and it's been what... 5 hours? since the song came out and the narrative has already changed. ^^

• Since the other had answered about the dates, now let me answer this one:

Also the rabbit was so random as well in the mv,

Well, that rabbit is only on Wonyoung's set because her symbol is rabbit.
    And it was waaayyyy long before NJ exist, it's her symbol when she is still a baby in Izone and still used untill now (the same also applied to Yujin with puppy as her symbol)

• Bonus points for using fulgurant but naw.

It’s not a sudden release. Ive talked about an August cb back in July before new Jeans even debuted.

Rookie girl group IVE to return in August, Starship Entertainment confirms
    Rookie K-pop group IVE will make their comeback in August, four months after their single album 'Love Dive', Starship Entertainment confirms.
    www.nme.com

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• If there’s any conspiracy here, you could argue it’s interesting that New Jeans knew Ive was coming back in August and chose to launch August 1.

FWIW: I don’t think that’s the case. I think everyone tried to build their plans around when BP was coming back because that would be the dominant talk of the industry and public after such a long wait.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• IVE with 4 releases in one year?

WJSN on that Black Pink schedule of a release every other year.

I get it, IVE makes tons of money for Starship, WJSN not so much, is all part of the business.

• If there’s any conspiracy here, you could argue it’s interesting that New Jeans knew Ive was coming back in August and chose to launch August 1.

FWIW: I don’t think that’s the case. I think everyone tried to build their plans around when BP was coming back because that would be the dominant talk of the industry and public after such a long wait.

Actually, NJs was rumored to debut in June but Garam's scandal was dragging for so long that they could only make their debut after the issue was resolved. They filmed their MVs way back in March.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!