Why Sullyoon from Nmixx as one of the top 3 visual in 4th gen didn't get a lot of hype or being talk more?

• People went really crazy for her visual when she debuted and suddenly just stop talking about her. While we have other visuals like Wony, Karina, Winter and Newjeans girls for example that getting hype continously. I dont think it's because her group didnt do that well as they are still a big 3 gg. I even see other members like Haewon and Lily getting a lot of buzz. Is it because Jyp didn't push her much?

• the problem with JYP GG and their groups in general is that they usually don't get individual activities until much much later in their careers

Twice got IG accounts last year (7)

SKZ got theirs recently (5)

and for Twice they had more individual activities in their 7th year (and obviously now as well) than their entire previous 6 years combined

and I guess that applies to Sullyoon as well - sure she's the MC for Music Core but other than that no magazine covers/no brand deals/no solo activities which limits her exposure to the SK and worldwide public

• i think it's also because she's a very classic visual

if you look at the current very hype visual of 4th gen you would notice that in comparison of 2nd gen or 3rd gen, most of the very popular visual currently ( Karina, wonyoung, Haerin..) are breaking away from the classic deer type visual that were popular the previous years

Sullyoon visual would have been much more popular imo if she debuted during 2nd gen or 3rd gen where visual like Yoona, Sullyoon, Tzuyu receive a lot more attention

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• I personally felt the fact she resembled Sana detracted from her visual hype. Sana is my number 1, in Twice and just behind Sakura for ULT. But the fact the prettiest thing (in my opinion) about her is the fact she resembles a visual for another group totally takes a way from the rarity that are visuals. I think the Nmixx girls are talented but outside of Lily and Bae, none of the girls are extremely... unique compared to their peers. Visual wise. And Bae.. well she's unique but not in the way I think Korea likes. And Lily is Lily... she's an average mixed girl. Yes, she sticks out in Korea but visually she is a bit vanilla.

• Everyone is different. For some she is the top visual of the 4th gen. But for many others, she not. She is pretty but so are 90% of kpop idols.

nmixx is the mamamoo of the 4th gen. Since overall after dropping Jinni, they are average in the visual department for idol groups, they need good songs.

• I don't think the reason is just because nmixx is a nugu group, just look at Yuna when she debuted she had a considerable amount of hype but then nothing happened and it's not like Itzy is any nugu group, maybe is JYPs bad management of individual activities

• She's one of the "top 3 visual"?

Who says? What metric is used to rank visuals? Do you have the list of the "top 3" visuals or any other apparently objective ranking of visuals out there?

• She's one of the "top 3 visual"?

Who says? What metric is used to rank visuals? Do you have the list of the "top 3" visuals or any other apparently objective ranking of visuals out there?

Exactly.

This is why groups have many members. People's preferences are different. Some might think member A is the best, others member B, others member C etc.

It also helps if a company helps to marketing the member on social media. Some companies employ people, directly or indirectly, using fake accounts, to promote members and/or the group on social media.

• She has a lot of hype but her group doesn't. Lot of visuals fall off that way

That's not true. Many visuals that got popular before their group does (e.g. Seolhyun, Arin, Chuu)

To me, she is simply on the boring side (im sorry 🙏🏻). She has good vocal but she rarely stand out on stage/performance. She ticks most of the boxes for KBS but the koreans apparently (?) prefer Haewon more while international fans have more buzz for Lily.

Hence, this happens. People ended up talking more about those that are shinning more.

• That's not true. Many visuals that got popular before their group does (e.g. Seolhyun, Arin, Chuu)

To me, she is simply on the boring side (im sorry 🙏🏻). She has good vocal but she rarely stand out on stage/performance. She ticks most of the boxes for KBS but the koreans apparently (?) prefer Haewon more while international fans have more buzz for Lily.

Hence, this happens. People ended up talking more about those that are shinning more.

Seolhyun was acting and Chuu had her own solo activities. Idk about Arin

Being boring has never stopped a visual lol. She doesn't have a popular group and JYP has a well-known allergy to solo work. There's just no exposure for her

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• People went really crazy for her visual when she debuted and suddenly just stop talking about her. While we have other visuals like Wony, Karina, Winter and Newjeans girls for example that getting hype continously. I dont think it's because her group didnt do that well as they are still a big 3 gg. I even see other members like Haewon and Lily getting a lot of buzz. Is it because Jyp didn't push her much?

i see Sullyoon very look alike Tzuyu

About Music en Twitter:

ファイル:Nmixx Sullyoon For Ten Asia 2022.png - Wikipedia

both very pretty

but nmixx music does not impres me that much to want to stan them

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• i think it's a mix of factors

1. nugu group (really doesn’t help), in her case, instead of carrying the group the group's flopiness is negatively reflecting on her

2. she is beautiful and rather talented but her charms and personality are not strong enough to carry her out of her groups nugudom and lack of hit songs

3. not much personal activities doesn’t help her at all, she should get more jobs, more hype more exposure because there is potential in her but jyp seems to not care :wellr:

If she was in aespa (which would have been great by the way, she really suits them specially in ae/fairy concepts), I think she would have been a top visual, probably even higher than Karina. Because visual wise she is completely gp style, doll face with great proportions, natural beauty, she looks almost like an ae or an manwha character. But well, her circumstances are not helping her.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!