So Nmixx seems to have almost the same size fanbase with Itzy and Twice?

• They surpassing both Itzy and Twice latest first week sales in just 3 days with no big cbar like their peers or huge popularity in Japan. These two market obviously on the top in kpop album sales. They're not popular either in the west. Their cbar sales even decreased as Haewon fanbase which is the biggest only buying about 20k copies for this album compared to more than 50k for expergo.

I'm really curious where's their bigger fanbase coming from that bulk buying their album. This is huge because they able to surpassing both of their senior with no obvious market in their hand. This is different from bg as they're usually doing extremely well in China, or have some indicators that they have huge fanbase even with low streams. This is not the case with Nmixx.

With other 4th gen groups, their strongest market are really obvious,

Aespa: China, Korea

Ive: China, Korea

Lsf: Japan, China, Korea

Nj: China, Korea, US

• This discussion has been going since their debut at that time people were saying it was JYP Stans. They do exist but not every onces stan Itzy, not every stays stan NMIXX. :pepe-hips:

I dont know if JYP buy albums themselves but maybe they have a deal with distributors so they can ship more albums idk tbh. Their sales don’t match with their k-charts, streams or touring power.

• a lot of their fans are purely bc they are rlly talented not necessarily cuz of music lol. i feel like nmixx has those talent stans from jyp AND other companies in general cuz of how talented they are (no doubt).

A new kind of cope.

The girls are so talented no one wants to play their song but will buy 100 20 buck albums...cos they're so talented....

• If day 1 sales are not a high percentage of the 1st week sales, its dodgy. The same dodgy sales pattern some other groups have, which is totally different to the rest of the industry.

• Honestly, I feel like with how inflated album sales are, it doesn't feel like a proper indicator of fanbase

Concert attendance seems more suitable. Then again this boils down to the venues booked, the number of countries toured, venue size etc

For me, it's more about how they can outsell both Itzy and Twice latest cb with no hit or no sign of big fanbase. I mean even their cbar sales decreased a lot from 20k-50k+ per member to below 10k-20k+, so where's this inflation coming from? That's why I ask where's their big fanbase coming from as those who usually inflates these sales were fans from countries like Japan, China, and Korea but they're not popular in any of this country.

• The craziest part to me is not that they can't enter charts while selling 1M albums but it's that their latest release peaked #4 on Melon TOP100 and this one can't even enter TOP100. The success of the previous release generally guarantees people tuning in for the next one but this one was just ignored.

I keep reading that 'JYP can't do sajaegi because they are a listed company' but that just doesn't make sense to me. Something just does not add up if they have 250k streams on Spotify, 220k likes on Youtube in the first day and they are nowhere to be seen in K-charts. Who is buying the 1M albums? Are these JYP company stans buying 10 albums each and then not bothering to watch the MV or stream the song? Just seems like a crazy explanation.

Why can't JYP just pay for a good song instead of YT ads. I still think this group has not had a truly good title track and their potential is just being wasted. LMLT was a step in the right direction but now we're backtracking.

• For me, it's more about how they can outsell both Itzy and Twice latest cb with no hit or no sign of big fanbase. I mean even their cbar sales decreased a lot from 20k-50k+ per member to below 10k-20k+, so where's this inflation coming from? That's why I ask where's their big fanbase coming from as those who usually inflates these sales were fans from countries like Japan, China, and Korea but they're not popular in any of this country.

JYPE stans maybe?

I mean all Big4 groups have that. New Jeans LSFM have that as well.

I remember they had a lot of pre-orders when not a single information about the members or song was known

• This discussion has been going since their debut at that time people were saying it was JYP Stans. They do exist but not every onces stan Itzy, not every stays stan NMIXX. :pepe-hips:

I dont know if JYP buy albums themselves but maybe they have a deal with distributors so they can ship more albums idk tbh. Their sales don’t match with their k-charts, streams or touring power.

I heard that nmixx aren't really under jyp but a sub-label maybe it's them that are overshipping I don't know

• Its just weird and I don't think its weird to bring it up because the math not be mathing so far. Nmixx is not standing out in any one area, just doing okay to pretty good across the board. No-one can come up with a better explanation that...company stans, multi's or talent fans but where are they??? We don't see them on any social media platforms, JYP groups use ktown4u for preorders alot, they only hit 22k on there, they aren't streaming the songs massively on any platform in any country and these are Hanteo numbers not circle so we can't even blame shops for stocking up.

Even on their showcase tour, the biggest venue was Jakarta with a venue capacity of 5,500, but the average was 2-3k across all the dates. Their total US capacity was 15k at last count (twitter k fan chart and touring account) and if we are being generous around 23k in the Asia leg - non of which they sold out from what I heard and wouldn't have caused such a big jump in their sales.

Frankly this is INSANE - they are at 970k on day 4 so far and rising. For context they sold 120k on day 3 and if they sell another 130k in the next 3.5 days they will have sold more than IVE's I've album. Make it make sense please.

• I heard that nmixx aren't really under jyp but a sub-label maybe it's them that are overshipping I don't know

Jyp has subdivisions, the team who works with Itzy or Twice isn't the same for Nmixx (the only one I remember being the same is got7 and itzy), but I do think the label is the same.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I heard that nmixx aren't really under jyp but a sub-label maybe it's them that are overshipping I don't know

But this is Hanteo not circle, Hanteo only counts realtime confirmed sales, circle includes shipped. So if you've ordered form ktown4u for example it would count towards hanteo as they are affiliated, but only for your album not for the stock they have. 970k copies have been confirmed as bought. But I'm waiting on these circle numbers because we will get an idea of possible overshipping, overstocking or just the overseas demand.

• The craziest part to me is not that they can't enter charts while selling 1M albums but it's that their latest release peaked #4 on Melon TOP100 and this one can't even enter TOP100. The success of the previous release generally guarantees people tuning in for the next one but this one was just ignored.

I keep reading that 'JYP can't do sajaegi because they are a listed company' but that just doesn't make sense to me. Something just does not add up if they have 250k streams on Spotify, 220k likes on Youtube in the first day and they are nowhere to be seen in K-charts. Who is buying the 1M albums? Are these JYP company stans buying 10 albums each and then not bothering to watch the MV or stream the song? Just seems like a crazy explanation.

Why can't JYP just pay for a good song instead of YT ads. I still think this group has not had a truly good title track and their potential is just being wasted. LMLT was a step in the right direction but now we're backtracking.

It's also worth noting that looking at local Spotify charts isn't adding up either, not doing well on any SEA countires or Japan, US, Latam, even Korea.

Afaik they aren't charting on any major Japanese domestic chart or Chinese.

I heard that nmixx aren't really under jyp but a sub-label maybe it's them that are overshipping I don't know

Over shipping only explains Circle sales. Hanteo is POS selling which means consumers purchased them. But this is strange considering the album doesn't have high pre orders on any of the shops that have charts like Tower Records, Yes24, KT4U, etc.

My bets are most of the sales are coming from their own store or JYPEshop...

• Its just weird and I don't think its weird to bring it up because the math not be mathing so far. Nmixx is not standing out in any one area, just doing okay to pretty good across the board. No-one can come up with a better explanation that...company stans, multi's or talent fans but where are they??? We don't see them on any social media platforms, JYP groups use ktown4u for preorders alot, they only hit 22k on there, they aren't streaming the songs massively on any platform in any country and these are Hanteo numbers not circle so we can't even blame shops for stocking up.

Even on their showcase tour, the biggest venue was Jakarta with a venue capacity of 5,500, but the average was 2-3k across all the dates. Their total US capacity was 15k at last count (twitter k fan chart and touring account) and if we are being generous around 23k in the Asia leg - non of which they sold out from what I heard and wouldn't have caused such a big jump in their sales.

Frankly this is INSANE - they are at 970k on day 4 so far and rising. For context they sold 120k on day 3 and if they sell another 130k in the next 3.5 days they will have sold more than IVE's I've album. Make it make sense please.

Well if Ive can do it, why can't another group do the same?????? Lets be real, NJ is the only group that really went viral in Korea in the last 12 months. It makes no sense that any group will sell of their 40-50% of their total first week albums on days 2 to 7, in the land of Samsung when you can pre-order.

• In my opinion, their sales aren't suspicious at all. They are inflated by gimmicks, like happens to everyone, but It's bought by actual fans.

The reason why they are more vunerable to K-pop fans' malicious perception is because they don't have a lot of casual listeners to stream their title track to cover it up mediocre b-side streams which is what should show actual fan support like album sales.

But there are top girlgroups out there selling a lot more than them, suffering to get 5-7M streams per b-side, despite having hits to bring attention to the catalog. What isn't that far from the 3-2M streams of 'expergo' b-sides songs, but no one bat an eye.

Bankai: Minazuki

85e1d14897360f5af5426181e6b1e605126ab548.gifv

• In my opinion, their sales aren't suspicious at all. They are inflated by gimmicks, like happens to everyone, but It's bought by actual fans.

The reason why they are more vunerable to K-pop fans' malicious perception is because they don't have a lot of casual listeners to stream their title track to cover it up mediocre b-side streams which is what should show actual fan support like album sales.

But there are top girlgroups out there selling a lot more than them, suffering to get 5-7M streams per b-side, despite having hits to bring attention to the catalog. What isn't that far from the 3-2M streams of 'expergo' b-sides songs, but no one bat an eye.

What gimmicks do NMIXX do that Itzy and Twice don’t do?

Bad b-side streams mean nowt if you’re popular in certain countries.

• Well if Ive can do it, why can't another group do the same?????? Lets be real, NJ is the only group that really went viral in Korea in the last 12 months. It makes no sense that any group will sell of their 40-50% of their total first week albums on days 2 to 7, in the land of Samsung when you can pre-order.

IVE not only has a massive and very loud fanbase across SK and China (WY bar alone bought 170k) but on their recent tour had 36k attending their Japanese dates alone, have been charting well worldwide, especially in SK where they have PAK's and a daesang - all within the last 12 months. They may not have gone viral but they are still a huge name. They have huge solo and group brand endorsements including for SK Telecom and Pepsi. Its not the same situation. Its clear where IVE's sales are coming from and where their fanbase is. Thats not the situation with nmixx.

Most groups sell the most on the first day, second and third day tend to be the biggest numbers and that was the case with IVE. Difference is there were loads of reports of how close they were to breaking 1 mill (at 860k by the end of day 3) so their domestic fans started mass buying to try and get to 1 mill. There was alot more reports when they hit 900k on day 4 and that's when the general public started cheering for them to hit 1mill and also bought copies to help them.

• Then why don't day6 and 2pm sell million albums? :holding-back-tears:

2pm is old

Day6 is Flop6 they are built different

:pepe-life-support: :pepe-life-support::pepe-life-support:

K but real question though, let me talk about bands here.

I don't keep track so I'm just taking this all from wikipedia. Day6 most sold is 109k for their latest 2021 album. Xdinary Heroes is 131k for their latest 2023 Deadlock album.

I'm not sure how many of these are JYPE stans, but the number isn't huge as compared to say NMIXX.

For bands I think in general they just sell a lot a lot less. Like I think IF Xdinary Heroes released literally the exact same songs, but as a typical BG, they would sell way more.

You may think wow the numbers are so small, but guess what. Compared to many other bands this is a huge number. This number is higher than any FT Island album, and higher than any of CN Blue's recent releases. CN Blue still has the most sold out of all of them , 231k for their 2011 album.

Back to the JYPE stans theory, for Xdinary Heroes I don't think a huge bunch of them are JYPE stans, more like 4th gen sales are getting higher and higher, and that JYPE or any company stans would probably tend to support normal traditional groups.

What I do agree though, about Big4, is that there is without a doubt, that Xdinary Heroes wouldn't sell as much if they weren't from a Big4 group. JYPE name gave them visibility that other companies wouldn't give. And I'm saying this as Xdinary Heroes as my favourite 4th Gen BG. I feel like people hate to admit this fact, whether is it NMIXX, NJs, LSFM, or any other Big4 groups because it feels like by saying it, it is like downplaying their achievements. But facts are facts.

• What's more crazy is that most sales come from just 2 standard versions, and not from digipacks. I don't think any group has ever had this kind of disproportion between sales/streams.

• What gimmicks do NMIXX do that Itzy and Twice don’t do?

Bad b-side streams mean nowt if you’re popular in certain countries.

NMIXX is a rookie group, so I believe they spend more time promoting through videocalls in comparison to ITZY and TWICE's lastest comebacks where, from my perception, the promotional route seemed really short. Also, 3 from their 4 releases are single albums, so they are naturally cheaper.

Just a bet. I'm neither a TWICE fan, nor a NMIXX fan.

Also, the only region where K-pop is popular where Spotify doesn't have a contribution/significative contribution is China and Korea. Any girlgroup is selling that much there that they would sell a lot less without cbars than NMIXX to justify the lack of interest in their whole catalog on Spotify and the slighty difference between most/some of them and NMIXX.

Bankai: Minazuki

85e1d14897360f5af5426181e6b1e605126ab548.gifv

people who use the listed company excuses are seriously naive. That has literally never stopped any company ever from dealing in corruption. Besides, third parties exist as well as private funding. Also, they are very blinded by JYPs "clean" image, forgetting that JYP is literally a cult member.

• JYPE stans maybe?

I mean all Big4 groups have that. New Jeans LSFM have that as well.

I remember they had a lot of pre-orders when not a single information about the members or song was known

Company stans support has limit. To say that company stans still loyal to them ang buying this much when even their cbar sales dropped a lot didn't actually sounds right. And Jyp definitely didn't have a strong company stans like Hybe or SM to pull huge number like this. They doing this huge jump with no trigger at all like hit song or good streaming number. And it's weird for company stans to even support them to this number when their views, streams and chart didn't show any improvement.

I actually believe that most of their fandom are company stans, but those fans alone will never be able to pull almost 1 million copies in less than a week.

• NMIXX is a rookie group, so I believe they spend more time promoting through videocalls in comparison to ITZY and TWICE's lastest comebacks where, from my perception, the promotional route seemed really short. Also, 3 from their 4 releases are single albums, so they are naturally cheaper.

Just a bet. I'm neither a TWICE fan, nor a NMIXX fan.

Also, the only region where K-pop is popular where Spotify doesn't have a contribution/significative contribution is China and Korea. Any girlgroup is selling that much there that they would sell a lot less without cbars than NMIXX to justify the lack of interest in their whole catalog on Spotify and the slighty difference between most/some of them and NMIXX.

Actually you may be onto something with the fancalls. The bigger the group the less likely fans are going to get a fancall. If the chances are higher fans may have bought loads to gain access. Lots of groups during the pandemic kept dropping fancalls for their last album even if it was months old. Itzy had alot during that time as well and their sales stats got huge.

• Company stans support has limit. To say that company stans still loyal to them ang buying this much when even their cbar sales dropped a lot didn't actually sounds right. And Jyp definitely didn't have a strong company stans like Hybe or SM to pull huge number like this. They doing this huge jump with no trigger at all like hit song or good streaming number. And it's weird for company stans to even support them to this number when their views, streams and chart didn't show any improvement.

I actually believe that most of their fandom are company stans, but those fans alone will never be able to pull almost 1 million copies in less than a week.

Just to piggy back on this Hybe has far more company stans and we can see their impact on Fromis 9, their first CB was a month after Pledis took over and sold 10k first week and 3k first day. Their first full Pledis/Hybe CB sold 50k first day and 100k first week. For the sake of this analogy, lets say Newjeans sales was 100% down to company stans, they sold 260k first day and 300k first week. EN- got lots of company stans claims, but their first day was 230k and first week 280k. Hybe is far more known and has more company stans yet somehow the buying power of JYP stans is more than Hybe company stans?

The math is not mathing.

• This thread contains 68 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!