3.5k capacity for red velvet singapore concert but tokyo dome for aespa ?!

• for a group with so many hit song, a group with one of the 3rd gen legendary it girl, with members that also a successful kpop soloist.. only 3.5k capacity ?! Red velvet is undoubtedly the third biggest girl group just after twice and blackpink.. even mamamoo succesfully held a sold out arena concert with around 10k capacity in malaysia !

No hate for aespa but tokyo dome ?! Atleast give the same treatment for RV in SEA, theyre not some mid tier GG

• they are not some mid tier GG

but Tokyo dome for Red velvet would be delusional, i'm sorry but even as a reveluv i can admit it

Aespa sold Almost 100K with Girls kr version in Oricon and no japanese debut

while RV is struggling in Japan even if they already did their debut there

No i know tokyo dome is a bit reaching for rv but i believe that rv have a lot of fans in SEA so its surprise me that theyre playing safe even in SEA. Not even ITZY or GIDLE are that "nugu" here.

RV in SEA is as big as Aespa in Japan, if aespa can book tokyo dome then RV shd be booking for arena here not just some small

capacity venue

• The problem is that SM is undermining RV pulling arena tours in SEA. aespa and Tokyo Dome is a different matter. They started off with small concerts in Japan but it seemed the demand is high so they planned for Tokyo Dome.

It’s not like aespa is doing stadium tour. They’re doing this because of their potentials in Japan. I wont be surprised if they book 3k halls for aespa tour in NA or SEA countries.

lt64IYu.gif

• I always found it weird but RV, while having great songs and many hits, seems to be not that popular. It's a mistery for me but seems like the fandom itself is small.

* * * * * * •×• * * * * * *

• Ngl I’m surprised rv fans are so vocal abt this… like their core fandom is pretty damn small for a big 3 gg. I barely see rv fans around

I always found it weird but RV, while having great songs and many hits, seems to be not that popular. It's a mistery for me but seems like the fandom itself is small.

They might not have had the biggest fandom of 3rd gen groups, but they still did good, better than some other Big 3 groups of the past 10-15 years. It's true though, that there are fewer RV fans around than there used to be in past years - but the same applies to fandoms of other 3rd gen groups.

Albums are usually used as an indicator for fandom size, and it's a fact that RV sold a million and more of their album - which says enough about active fandom size.

The small venues, that's purely an SM thing just like how they understocked RV's albums for years, do sucky promotions etc.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• seems like sm is testing out water with rv, if the demand is high they will have a second day concert in the area or next time book a bigger venue. Same must've been the case with aespa, they had concerts in other arenas in japan and the demand must've been high for them to jump to tokyo dome.

• They might not have had the biggest fandom of 3rd gen groups, but they still did good, better than some other Big 3 groups of the past 10-15 years. It's true though, that there are fewer RV fans around than there used to be in past years - but the same applies to fandoms of other 3rd gen groups.

Albums are usually used as an indicator for fandom size, and it's a fact that RV sold a million and more of their album - which says enough about active fandom size.

The small venues, that's purely an SM thing just like how they understocked RV's albums for years, do sucky promotions etc.

I don't question their popularity don't worry, I just don't seem to hear much about them outside their activities, but it seems like SM did fail in their promotions. I feel sorry for them and the fans then. Thanks for sharing your observations.

* * * * * * •×• * * * * * *

• Sm stans should admit that SM is understimating them. I mean, if aespa can hold a dome in Japan so can RV.

yes, aespa is more popular now but if anything 3rd gen girl groups have the advantage of having a large discorgraphy with hit songs like rv it's not hard to sell out stadium if the group is popular there's a concert culture in Japan.

Seriously if groups like mamamoo can perform on big arenas why is SM don't the potential in RV?

• Sm stans should admit that SM is understimating them. I mean, if aespa can hold a dome in Japan so can RV.

yes, aespa is more popular now but if anything 3rd gen girl groups have the advantage of having a large discorgraphy with hit songs like rv it's not hard to sell out stadium if the group is popular there's a concert culture in Japan.

Sm has always been uderestemeted since their debut. Even if I am angry about this situation, there is nothing I can do. Even Yeri cried thinking it was their last concert in La Rouge. ;( If Red Velvet hadn't proven their popularity last year, it would probably have remained our last concert La Rouge.

• aespa has the biggest spotify listeners in JP for SM artist and their kr album holding in top 2 on BB Japan also they has more than 900k applications during their first fanmeeting yet SM still gives them arenas for Jp tour. While RV, latest jp album was doing terribly so Tokyo dome is stretch.

For RV case, I read Indoor Stadium is booked for someone else. It seems poor planning for RV SEA tour dates and also SM has poor market research for SEA

Edited once, last by www1717 ().

• SM probably did their research and came to the conclusion that RV is not that popular.

This is why these threads always confused me. SM obviously has better analytics on RV’s numbers and pull than anyone on this forums. Plus smaller venue means less money, so it’s not like SM is choosing to leave money on the table.

From RV numbers, they picked the venue that would provide the best return/least risk. Anyone in this thread trying to say different, is delusional.

• they are not some mid tier GG

but Tokyo dome for Red velvet would be delusional, i'm sorry but even as a reveluv i can admit it

You can call it delusional for RV, but there's no actual evidence that Aespa can sell out the Tokyo Dome either. SM are obviously willing to take that sort of risk with Aespa while being completely risk-averse with RV. That's mistreatment and favoritism, plain and simple.

Ngl I’m surprised rv fans are so vocal abt this… like their core fandom is pretty damn small for a big 3 gg. I barely see rv fans around

Maybe they just don't have time for the sort of nonsense that prevails in the places you frequent. A group with a "pretty damn small" fandom wouldn't sell albums like them. Try again.

seems like sm is testing out water with rv, if the demand is high they will have a second day concert in the area or next time book a bigger venue. Same must've been the case with aespa, they had concerts in other arenas in japan and the demand must've been high for them to jump to tokyo dome.

SM aren't testing anything. These are the same venues RV already toured 4 years ago. This is the "next time." They're a veteran group with proven demand, SM are just being wildly negligent and actively holding them back at this point.

SM probably did their research and came to the conclusion that RV is not that popular.

This is why these threads always confused me. SM obviously has better analytics on RV’s numbers and pull than anyone on this forums. Plus smaller venue means less money, so it’s not like SM is choosing to leave money on the table.

From RV numbers, they picked the venue that would provide the best return/least risk. Anyone in this thread trying to say different, is delusional.

Yes, SM has CLEARLY done their research and has such AMAZING analytics. That explains why they just had over 30k people in queue fighting for seats in a venue that seats only 3k. For those of you who can't math, that's a demand 10x larger than the supply. Does that sound like a success to you? Does that sound like the best return possible? If it does, you're not only the most delusional person in this thread by far, but you should also never go into business, because an abject failure by SM is what that is. But some of you are clearly just trolls who don't even believe what you're saying. Sure, one of the biggest third gen girl groups just isn't popular and should be performing in venues of 3k. And up is down, north is south, and I'm the King of England. You're embarrassing yourselves almost as much as SM. Almost.

• At best their WT if they keep booking tiny arenas. They will do like 10M USD I mean not bad. But half the money goes to SM, then they have to pay for the venues. And let’s not talk about the staff, stages…

Is that even worth it for a group like RV atp.

Don't worry, they made sure to keep the budget just low enough to not lose money, ensuring these concerts (by a top tier girl group, mind you) resemble glorified fanmeets more than proper concerts. Because SM are business geniuses, or so I'm told by cuckoo company stans.

• You can call it delusional for RV, but there's no actual evidence that Aespa can sell out the Tokyo Dome either. SM are obviously willing to take that sort of risk with Aespa while being completely risk-averse with RV. That's mistreatment and favoritism, plain and simple.

Maybe they just don't have time for the sort of nonsense that prevails in the places you frequent. A group with a "pretty damn small" fandom wouldn't sell albums like them. Try again.

SM aren't testing anything. These are the same venues RV already toured 4 years ago. This is the "next time." They're a veteran group with proven demand, SM are just being wildly negligent and actively holding them back at this point.

Yes, SM has CLEARLY done their research and has such AMAZING analytics. That explains why they just had over 30k people in queue fighting for seats in a venue that seats only 3k. For those of you who can't math, that's a demand 10x larger than the supply. Does that sound like a success to you? Does that sound like the best return possible? If it does, you're not only the most delusional person in this thread by far, but you should also never go into business, because an abject failure by SM is what that is. But some of you are clearly just trolls who don't even believe what you're saying. Sure, one of the biggest third gen girl groups just isn't popular and should be performing in venues of 3k. And up is down, north is south, and I'm the King of England. You're embarrassing yourselves almost as much as SM. Almost.

That might be the case too, I’m not fully sure as I don’t keep up with them.

• if we go by logic of people in this thread, RV has more than 5x listeners than Aespa in US. So it would only e logical for SM to push RV over Aespa in US.

But is that happening? No

SM isn't doing justice to RV

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• You can call it delusional for RV, but there's no actual evidence that Aespa can sell out the Tokyo Dome either. SM are obviously willing to take that sort of risk with Aespa while being completely risk-averse with RV. That's mistreatment and favoritism, plain and simple.

1b42ff560baf50f25543c2fac151623a.gif

• You can call it delusional for RV, but there's no actual evidence that Aespa can sell out the Tokyo Dome either. SM are obviously willing to take that sort of risk with Aespa while being completely risk-averse with RV.

FsrIs_0WIAIvcg6?format=jpg&name=large

do you understand that aespa was invited to perform in todome

yes I agree SM has underestimating RV and SM has poor planning tour dates for them

tbh SM has poor market research in SEA in general and Japan is not in SEA so this is 2 + 2 = 5 so I don't understand what's the correlation with aespa

• I agree it’s ridiculous but they can’t fill out Tokyo dome let’s get real.

they are not some mid tier GG

RV is so under estimated, I'm sure they can feel the Tokyo some.

SM never restocks their albums in Japan when they sell out. Idk why?

I hope SM has a good reason for doing that otherwise, it's sheer discrimination.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• FsrIs_0WIAIvcg6?format=jpg&name=large

do you understand that aespa was invited to perform in todome

yes I agree SM has underestimating RV and SM has poor planning tour dates for them

tbh SM has poor market research in SEA in general and Japan is not in SEA so this is 2 + 2 = 5 so I don't understand what's the correlation with aespa

OP is just saying that Aespa is getting better treatment than RV that's all.

I do not think they want RV to perform in Tokyo but in bigger venues than theatres at least Arenas of 10k-30k.

• I always found it weird but RV, while having great songs and many hits, seems to be not that popular. It's a mistery for me but seems like the fandom itself is small.

SM does not respect and promote them well. I mean they recently sold a million albums which means their fandom has grown so much. SM doesn't care.

• A comment from reddit

• seems like sm is testing out water with rv, if the demand is high they will have a second day concert in the area or next time book a bigger venue. Same must've been the case with aespa, they had concerts in other arenas in japan and the demand must've been high for them to jump to tokyo dome.

Testing waters for 8 years? Really?!?

• Even still, it doesn't make sense. Yoona tours in Asia and sells out venues of over 15000 people, I don't think Red Velvet is less popular than Yoona, individual members are, not the whole group.

• This thread contains 13 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!