Which 3rd gen idols will be taken seriously in acting? Which idol will win the first Oscar?

• Jisoo, Taehyung, Kyungsoo (D.O) has done actings in Kdramas and received praises. Jennie is making advances into Hollywood with a series produced by the Euphoria producer. Others like Suho/Irene/Joy got criticisms. However, none has really had a smash hit drama nor is taken seriously yet. (yes Cha Eunwoo is big but his acting is considered really bad). Who do you think can make it far in acting, maybe snatching the first Oscar for idols with a global smash hit like Parasite/Squid Games?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtube.com

External Content youtu.be

• Taehyung maybe

or Jin of BTS . bcs this dude has a degree in acting and he's been called for roles but denies them (well company does). hopefully we can see actor Jin debut after being released from military

but idk :/

˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᵐᵃᵏᶤᶰᵍ ᵐᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵒʸ ʷᶤᵗʰ ˡᵘᵛ˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷

Aesthetic GIF - Aesthetic GIFsK-POPPIN IN PINKAesthetic GIF - Aesthetic GIFs

• There are a lot more idol-actors/actresses than the ones you've mentioned, but it seems like OP only wanted to name idols from BIG 3/4 groups.

From boy groups there is BTOB's Sungjae who's starred in many popular dramas now such as School 2015, Goblin, Mystic Pop Up Bar, and The Golden Spoon for which he's won MBC's Top Excellence Award.

From girl groups, there's IOI's Sejeong who starred in School 2017, The Uncanny Counter and Business Proposal, similarly also won SBS's Top Excellence Award.

There's also others like WJSN's Bona who starred in 25/21 alongside Kim Taeri and got praises for her performance. She has a drama coming out where she will be the main lead for the first time.

But in terms of global smash hit, I doubt it will involve any idol-actors. Everyone just want their faves to be casted for the bragging rights like how everyone's begging PD's to cast their idols in Squid Game season 2. Real talk, even for the most respected and "accomplished" idol actress like IU, there's a huge difference between her and the likes of Lee Jung-jae and Song Kang-ho.

• Wow I didn’t know Jin acted in anything apart from BTS contents.

I wanted to see V in more scenes. I found him the most interesting.

I can’t make any comments on Jennie with those flimsy snippets. Will need a longer scene with her.

Jisoo felt meh. It is very obvious acting is not her forte

I don’t think anyone in this list can win an Oscar with their skill level. They will need to practise and act more since most of them don’t have any professional training

• None of them seem to be aiming for full acting. But I think Cha Eunwoo is good candite. I didn't find his acting flat as they exaggerate, he shows average acting according to the standard of korean dramas. Plus he has on screen charisma and charm. I think Eunwoo will be more popular in this acting in the future. Kyungsoo also very good actor. he has natural facial expressions. :thumbup: Although I'm a Joy fan, I don't find her very talented at this. Unfortunately, her acting was unnatural, except for the last drama. I also don't like classic most korean actresses anymore. I find them exaggerated. My favorite korean actresses are Han hyo joo. She's the only one theatrical exaggerated gestures are very convincing. Not everyone is performing theatrical acting naturally.

• I highly doubt

Idols go for "pretty" roles

Pretty roles are not recognized much in academy, not even for western actors.

External Content www.youtube.com

• Win an Oscar? None. Oscars are a whole other ball game, which require luck, timing, knowing the right people in the industry, or being in a "lightning in a bottle" movie - such as Parasite.

Taken seriously in acting - not sure, but I feel like probably the ones who have been named in this thread? At least within the domestic market.

• Why? It's nice goal to aim for if any idols listed here (or in general) have it.

I agree, but this is asking laypeople (us) about people who do not make acting their primary career, who will win an Oscar first. None of them are working towards this and as such, we haven't seen them as full-time, career driven actors. I mean how would we know? We haven't seen them in more than one role and some films haven't actually even been released (Jennie).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!