[RAP BATTLE-FINISHED! RM WINS!] RM vs. Suga vs. Bobby vs. Song Mino (Poll)

• Who's the best rapper out of these 4? 84

The result is only visible to the participants.

I made this so I can make a properly ranked chart based on the community's consensus or opinion for my Best Rappers of 3rd/4th Gens Thread.

Out of all New Gen KPOP rappers, these 4 Kpop rappers were narrowed down to be the top of the top of the new gens! New Gen Rapping Leaders!!

Let's decide who's the best! Voters are anonymous so speak your truth peepz!

giphy.gif

Disclaimer: This is about K-POP, not K-Hip Hop; idol rappers ONLY!

Disclaimer 2: I realized it's a truth commonly accepted that Zico The G.O.A.T. trumps them all when it comes to best Kpop Idol Rappers of ALL TIME, but that's not what we're asking; we're asking who's the best in New Gen KPOP!

Videos of them rapping & insights about their technique & lyricism are under the spoilers!

RM

Suga

Bobby

Song Mino

You can also post more insights & critique about their technique/flow/lyricism, proofs videos, lyrics etc if you want.

BEGIN!

• omggggg bobby and suga are so good. Some of the best flow, raw energy, and technique.

I feel like Bobby's skills doesn't get enough appreciation around these parts so I'll vote for him.

I like RM's and Mino's style too. Very fresh and unique. RM has a certain versatility to it that I appreciate.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• KpopVeteranARMY

Changed the title of the thread from “[RAP BATTLE] RM vs. Suga vs. Bobby vs. Song Mino” to “[RAP BATTLE] RM vs. Suga vs. Bobby vs. Song Mino (Poll)”.
  • omggggg bobby and suga are so good. Some of the best flow, raw energy, and technique.

I feel like Bobby's skills doesn't get enough appreciation around these parts so I'll vote for him.

I like RM's and Mino's style too. Very fresh and unique. RM has a certain versatility to it that I appreciate.

YAAAAAS! Tysm for your comment :love:

IKR I was really shocked by Bobby & Mino's talent when I checked it out for this thread!! TBH I can't decide so I'm letting you all decide :pepe-notes:

JKJK Ik who I think is best but I wanna hear y'alls 2 cents!

• I think I’m gonna have to go with BOBBY - he definitely won SMTM for a reason.

Although, I have to say, RM’s diction is extraordinary good.

I’ll also link down my favorite verse of his - it’s mostly for lyrical reasons but the delivery is also really good!

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• there's a reason bobby won season 3 of smtm

i think mino is a close 2nd but after watching smtm there's no way i can vote for anyone else

I think I’m gonna have to go with BOBBY - he definitely won SMTM for a reason.

Clicked the top result on Youtube for "Bobby SMTM3" and BOY this performance is LIT! Now convinced Bobby is the KING LOL~

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Oh shit now I really dk who to choose now- 😱

Quote from kidsgonestray

Although, I have to say, RM’s diction is extraordinary good.

I’ll also link down my favorite verse of his - it’s mostly for lyrical reasons but the delivery is also really good!

External Content m.youtube.com

Re-listened & I love the lyrics! Agree, probably one of Namjoon's best rap deliveries too!

• They are all good this is hard...I can't decide between suga or bobby

i ugh i voted for bobby i like his solo work and his flow i haven't even listened to it before and i'm like ahh yeah this is a jam lol

• I think Bobby is the best kpop rapper and can hold his own with khh rappers. Also, he was the writer and lead composer of all the songs on his two solo albums and those albums were fire.

I also really like Mino and special shout out to Jooheon.

I feel like Jooheon is on par with people mentioned in this thread. His solo work is insanely good!

• If anyone can compete with Zico in k-pop, that is RM. Peak RM during 2014-16 is even better than peak Zico I would say.

There is no better songwriter in the industry. He has songwriting credits for 95% of BTS' discography and BTS are known for their lyrics. Just add two in two there.

He is also the most versatile of any kpop rappers. His two mixtapes, where he wrote every single word of them, shows how versatile he is as a rapper. He can sing 'everythinggoes' as well as 'Do You' on the same day. I don't think the same can be said about anyone in k-pop tbh. He can be Tupac or Nas whenever he wants to. So my pick here is RM.

• RM <3 is the best one for me. I just love the way he raps. I like RM's flow and I really love the lyricism. When we talk about the technique I think Suga is the best but RM makes the run for me.

Song Mino is really good too. But I think Suga is better in technique.

Well and Bobby is a really good performer. Maybe the best one of all but I think his rap is the worst out of them. But that doesn't mean he is bad. I think he is one of the best too but not better than Suga, RM and Mino.

кιм נєηηιє ⭐︎мαησвαη ℓαℓιѕα⭐︎ ραяк ¢нαєуσυηg ⭐︎ кιм נιѕσσ

540 Jennie Kim ideas | blackpink jennie, kim, kim jennie Blackpink Jennie Teddy Bear Şapka | krimofashion.com  제니츄 on Twitter | Blackpink fashion, Fashion, Black pink

• I feel like Jooheon is on par with people mentioned in this thread. His solo work is insanely good!

Oh really?! Please post! :love:

(IK I can just look it up myself, but this way it's easier for everyone in the thread to see too & up engagement <3 )

TBH I just heard his cover of Aespa's Next Level (+ a few Monsta X songs), but that alone convinced me he's among the top ranks!

Just looked up "Jooheon solo rap" on Youtube quickly & found his MAMA performance as the top result:

This (top result for "Jooheon") is really good too :wow::

External Content youtu.be

Here's a list of a general summary of the top New Gen rap rankings we compiled in my thread (I tweaked it a little to correct some things):

Best 3rd/4th Gen K-POPPIN' Rappers:

Male

1. BTS's RM & Suga (w/J-Hope somewhere around bottom of the overall list) OR iKON's Bobby & Winner's Song Mino (B.I. lower-to-mid tier)

2. Monsta X's Jooheon & IM

3. Stray Kids's Changbin & Han

NCT's Taeyong, Sungchan & Mark somewhere around the bottom

Everyone seems v impressed by rookie boy group MCND's rapline too

(imma put P1HARMONY around here too just cuz I hear their name tossed around so much outside of this thread too XD)

Sunwoo (The Boyz)

Hwiyoung (SF9)

Female

Soyeon from (G)-IDLE & Jessi top females (not sure where ppl think they rank compared to best males?) giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47d186ngxmrt3cn6uqes06hxk417irsx1yp9wzfdse&rid=giphy.gif&ct=s

JenLisa (BLACKPINK duh)

Mimi from OMG

Yeeun from CLC

Yuki from Purple Kiss

• For the girls, I think's there's one girl from Secret Number. I can't remember her name but she was quite good!

• For the girls, I think's there's one girl from Secret Number. I can't remember her name but she was quite good!

OmG you're right! Upon secret investigation, I have discovered that her name is Jinny 🤭

Totes adding her to the list!

• AKP'S NEWLY EDITED List of Best 3rd/4th Gen K-POPPIN' Rappers:

Male

1. BTS's RM & Suga (w/J-Hope somewhere around bottom of the overall list) OR iKON's Bobby & Winner's Song Mino (B.I. lower-to-mid tier)

2. Monsta X's Jooheon & IM

3. Stray Kids's Changbin & Han

NCT's Taeyong, Mark & Sungchan somewhere around the bottom

MCND's rapline

P1HARMONY

Sunwoo (The Boyz)

Hwiyoung (SF9)

Female

1. Soyeon from (G)-IDLE & Jessi top females (not sure where ppl think they rank compared to best males?) giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47d186ngxmrt3cn6uqes06hxk417irsx1yp9wzfdse&rid=giphy.gif&ct=s

2. BLACKPINK - Jennie & Lisa

Yeeun (CLC)

Mimi (Oh My Girl)

Jinny (Secret Number)

Dami (Dreamcatcher)

Yuki (Purple Kiss)

@kidsgonestray Added ! <3

• The lack of the ability to vote for 2 options is to prevent fandom gerrymandering ^^ Sorry guys!

Also if I change it now it will be inaccurate & unfair to the people who didn't get to vote for 2 options before :P

Also I have to rank them anyway when I list them, might as well do it in absolute order ya'know?

I've always been curious what people think about WHO EXACTLY IS THE BEST, IN WHAT ORDER...

NOW WE CAN ALL FIND OUT TOGETHER!

• I think all of them are amazing actually. My pick is Mino simply because I like his style the most.

• MINO HAVING THE LEAST VOTES??? ...Oh please he makes the best music as far as idol rappers are concerned. He's Versatile, the most wicked(literally) lyricist in Kpop. He's international standard btw...Even zico doesn't come close even though they are best friends. Btw he's a producer in SMTM10, he and zico were the only idol rappers to be considered worthy to hold such power.

• OK OK OK!

THE TIME HAS COME to announce the official results of this poll used in AKP Forums' Best K-Pop Rappers of 3rd & 4th Generation Idols (CLICK THE LINK for the full & final ranked results!)

For full of disclosure, here is the FINAL poll results at the time of the making the official ranked list:

Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 8.54.27 AM.png

Disclaimer/Final Notes: A reminder that none of this thread takes away from any of the candidates' real rapping merits or rapping talent. Or takes away from official, legitimate recognition from both the Korean Pop or Korean Hip Hop industries, from top veterans and artists from both categories and experts in the field (especially from the latter).

The pool of the people who voted for this poll are K-Pop idol enthusiasts, and do not necessarily specialize in, have or retain knowledge or claim to be real rap experts. This poll and chart is all for fun & informational's sake, and to get the forum into a little fun competitive friendly spirit as well as create & inform people of the data & information on this part of the real (largely International) K-Pop community's thoughts on the top talents of the new generation of K-Pop.

I had a lot of fun reading, talking w/y'all and compiling the information for this rap battle!

See you in my next thread! *peace

• KpopVeteranARMY

Changed the title of the thread from “[RAP BATTLE] RM vs. Suga vs. Bobby vs. Song Mino (Poll)” to “[RAP BATTLE-FINISHED! RM WINS!] RM vs. Suga vs. Bobby vs. Song Mino (Poll)”.
  • I wish Namjoon could release a new mixtape soon.

I fell down the rabbit hole due to BTS performances, but his lyricism and the way he thinks and sees life have been truly inspiring (at least what the way he shows to us/wants us to see as none of us know them personally).

Really sad that lately him and the rest of rapline haven't been as much in the frontline because they're one of BTS' many strengths. But it feels lately like that has been toned down.

• Bobby is insane .

His verse in devil so so good . And the flow is godlike

Y'all should listen to his last album

• This thread contains 4 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!