Why do some... extreme.... stans discriminate against multis?

• It's possible to love more than one group. Thinking that the fan is betraying their fave for enjoying more than just them is frankly insane. If you really love your fave and want them to thrive, wouldn't you want to welcome more people into the fandom? Wouldn't you want to spread their music far and wide?

I really truly don't understand some kpop stans. If you find yourself so emotional about your fave that you get angry and lash out at people FOR ENJOYING OTHER MUSIC, it might be time to step back from kpop. Instead of it being an enjoyable pastime, you're clearly using it as a crutch to avoid deeper emotional issues.

• multi's have it best...it IS okay to enjoy multiple groups and music. Anyone who harasses others for being a multi is just a disgusting, sheltered, suck individual.

I love loving more music. I get a constant stream of bops!

I think some people just take kpop too seriously and turn it into their whole identity. Then, they get to feel like their fave's success is their own to make them feel better about their lives. Recognizing that other people don't approach it the same way can make them question themselves I guess.

• I love loving more music. I get a constant stream of bops!

I think some people just take kpop too seriously and turn it into their whole identity. Then, they get to feel like their fave's success is their own to make them feel better about their lives. Recognizing that other people don't approach it the same way can make them question themselves I guess.

Right we are never bored. There's always something to look forward to. Thinking your fave is the only group in existence and everyone has to and can only like them is a piss ass attitude to have. Why are you on a kpop forum if you can't handle multis being here?

Multis are also the least toxic people we usually don't disrespect groups or engage in petty war shit

• Right we are never bored. There's always something to look forward to. Thinking your fave is the only group in existence and everyone has to and can only like them is a piss ass attitude to have. Why are you on a kpop forum if you can't handle multis being here?

Multis are also the least toxic people we usually don't disrespect groups or engage in petty war shit

Multis tend to interact with stans of other groups. I think that's what helps lessen the chances of toxicity.

Being a multi helped me get through enlistment. Speaking of which, Baekhyun is almost home

:pepe-sad:

• It scares me actually that they think this and takes it to such an extreme; and it says to me that they aren’t really standing for the music but something else. BTS is my ultimate in KPOP but I’ve listened to other musicians long before and will love other musicians after. Too many good music out there not to enjoy.

• Superiority complex. Stanning one group doesn't make you better or more "loyal" to a group. You're just missing out on all the good music being released :pepe-pj-green::pepe-pj-green:

Right? They're just hurting themselves by not allowing themselves to enjoy other music. Now, I'm not talking about fans that only stan b one group but aren't psychotic. I'm talking about the rabid stans who seem to hate all other groups and fandoms.

I enjoy plenty of music from groups I don't stan. I also enjoy talking to other stans.

• Multis tend to interact with stans of other groups. I think that's what helps lessen the chances of toxicity.

Being a multi helped me get through enlistment. Speaking of which, Baekhyun is almost home

:pepe-sad:

Aww yay hes almost back! Being a multi gives me so much great music variety and things to look forward to when my faves don't have anything coming out. I think its fun to enjoy things with other fandoms like watch parties, etc. There's no reason to shun someone who's a multi we are not the problem

• I feel like it's been worse lately. I actually think we've lost a lot of multis from this site the last month or so. It's sad. We also lost all the users from a few underrepresented fandoms. :(

• As someone who went through this myself, and had two people later apologize to me, they all said similar things.

Either at first they didn't know it was wrong and just wanted to protect their group from fake fans, or they didn't know it was wrong to discriminate against multi's in that way and later apologized or just don't.

• multi's have it best...it IS okay to enjoy multiple groups and music. Anyone who harasses others for being a multi is just a disgusting, sheltered, sick Individual.

ahhh jenn with 50+ groups that you stan you must be a solo group stan's enemy no. 1!! lol

• honestly though you seem to have social media

have you ever personally gotten into shit because of people who stan only one group?

Nope. I only follow official accounts and stay away from the cesspool of bullshit. Only on a kpop forum have i ever seen people be so hateful to multis

• A fan can stan a lot of groups and still be a fan just the same as someone who only stans one group. As long they are loyal and support that group's music, they are a fan. Some stans are just insecure and it makes their ego look stronger by belittling others. Bit sad imo but that's always been the K pop culture.

• I only stan 1 kpop group tho, means i only focus on this one group activities, and spend my money for them. But it's not like I only listen to that one group songs for my whole life, what kind of stupidity is that. It's just music, why so serious like your identity depended on the group you stan or gatekeeping people to listen to other music. Fan culture indeed is weird ?(

If I talk like patriotic stan to people in real life, they will be thinking I need therapy for sure.

• It's possible to love more than one group. Thinking that the fan is betraying their fave for enjoying more than just them is frankly insane. If you really love your fave and want them to thrive, wouldn't you want to welcome more people into the fandom? Wouldn't you want to spread their music far and wide?

I really truly don't understand some kpop stans. If you find yourself so emotional about your fave that you get angry and lash out at people FOR ENJOYING OTHER MUSIC, it might be time to step back from kpop. Instead of it being an enjoyable pastime, you're clearly using it as a crutch to avoid deeper emotional issues.

There is nothing wrong with being multistan, everyone can listen to whoever they want.

But they shouldn't bring their other favs into another fandom spaces. If you are watching one group live don't mention other groups on chat, if someone post to encourage voting - there will be again a lot of multis with their "I think X deserve it more". Like vote for whoever you want but it's disrespectful to leave such tweets.

And it's usually the multi fans that brings attention to toxic tweets and bring negativity. I am not in another group spaces so would not even see the toxic post if some multis and shooters didn't rt it on my feed.

• ^This. Multis are annoying as those die hard fans like if they stan so many groups good for them they are busy and do not have time being toxic but no mostly they are the cause of fanwars.

• I’m a multi but honestly if I think about it, I get the logic or thinking behind the attitude, tho the crazy gatekeeping behavior and attitude that has become popular especially on places like Twitter is obviously too much but honestly characteristic of general insane Kpop fandom “mob” behavior.

Kpop is a very competitive industry and most Kpop fans know that. These fans know that all other Kpop groups are competition for each other. That includes their bias group. So some may view stanning other groups as “betrayal” because they view supporting other groups as taking away from the potential attention/popularity/success/money their faves could be having.

Think about it like this: most people only have limited financial resources for buying fan merch such as albums, which people use the sales of as an indicator of the Kpop groups’ success and “ranking” in who’s #1/#2/top or bottom-tier groups. If you’re a multi-stan and you have only enough money this month for one album, who will you choose? If you’re a multi-stan, you might spend that money on a different group, taking away from the potential sale a fandom’s bias group could’ve had if you only stanned them. This might make some fans view these other fans as “less loyal” than ones who stan only the specific fandom’s bias group, because those fans would definitely only spend this money on their one bias group, thus adding to their success and popularity that is honestly a very limited resource only allotted in large amounts to a chosen few. The free time people have for streaming songs on music platforms or videos on Youtube for views is also limited, which are other common metrics for a group’s popularity. People who only stan one group can fully devote their full time and attention to their one group, while multis will have to be selective and choose, and the other groups they choose to support who are promoting at the same time are their other bias groups’ competition.

The attitude & behavior’s honestly gone way too far at this point in Kpop’s lifespan w/how insanely oversaturated Kpop market has become by 4th gen and also caused by the spread of toxicity in internet culture, but the logic behind it does makes sense.

• I think many of them have a hard time separating the "fandom" from the "individual". IMO most of this animosity comes about when the "multistan" belongs to fandoms that are "clashing". They tend to internalize and react to what "fandoms" say, both good and bad. However, when the toxic portion of fandom X comes along and goes off - well those in fandom Y can't understand how anyone in fandom X could be a "true" stan in fandom Y.

I think this is actually the base of a lot of fanwars, but it extends especially to the multistans because these fans are seen as turncoats by those who can't see beyond fandom.

• Superiority complex. Stanning one group doesn't make you better or more "loyal" to a group. You're just missing out on all the good music being released :pepe-pj-green::pepe-pj-green:

The best part about this, is the clown ass loyal idiots got clown🤡🤡🤡🤡 on them when the faves they stan are fans of a different group and a friends with others it's funny as fuck seeing them foaming at the mouth like some rabbid dog

• I strongly suspect this is because your fandom(s) isn't/aren't warring with any other.

True. We dont do that and if i see a toxic Fearless i remind it to raise its manners.

But why do other fandoms do this warring then? Aint there enough real wars out there in the world? They can go there anytime. Why bring war to a place thats supposed to be a refuge from war?

Of course If Brave Girls would ask me i would serve 2 more tours in the Balkans but only 1 in Afghanistan. But all the Idols allways tell us to behave peacefully. So fandoms being toxic betray their faves.

When i came into Kpop everyone and their moms told me that Orbits are the most toxic fandom (besite Army and blink because numbers) But actually i couldnt name a single fandom that is more friendly and supportive to us. I Wonder how all the other fandoms managed to get into fight with them.

• While i get your point multis still support with streaming and other activities its not hard to stream multiple groups at the same time nor is it hard to vote. Ive been able to create various accounts and vote for my faves at the same time. When it comes to physical merch if I can only afford one thing at the time I choose the album I like the best.

It doesn't matter if you buy an album now or later you still contribute amd you're not any less of a fan. I don't think it's fair nor right to judge someone whose a multi and assume they aren't contributing enough. Just enjoying the music is enough contribution. Not everyone is a success stan. If you judge someone's loyalty on a groups numbers yeah rethink that.

We of course want all our faves to succeed and win an award. And some say we are the cause of fan wars, maybe stay off toxic places because certainly on akp we are not. It's easy for us to join a multitude of conversations and be excited with other fans about a groups activity. But there's one certain fandom on THIS forum that thinks if you don't strictly stan BTS you need to leave. Or they believe that you can be a multi but you can't be a multi who likes BTS. That's absolutely toxic and wrong.

I'm also a huge example of a person who has a huge collection and you can easily see what I collect the most but it's also a proven fact that I have discovered groups years later and go back to buy their discography. I reiterate you're not any less of a fan whether you buy 1 groups album or many.

Also to add I stan 30+ groups and 10+ soloists. It takes a toll on my wallet trying to buy every release. Especially because i would buy every version that would come out. I have literally sold a ton of my Collection to cut back on. Not only because of the financial burden but im clearly out of room. I have decided to collect my top 5 groups and a couple of soloists. However, I can stream and watch any faves music videos. That doesn't make me any less of a fan and that's my point.

20230202_005325.jpg20230202_005351.jpg

Don't mind the hamper I need to do laundry I oop lol

• True. We dont do that and if i see a toxic Fearless i remind it to raise its manners.

But why do other fandoms do this warring then? Aint there enough real wars out there in the world? They can go there anytime. Why bring war to a place thats supposed to be a refuge from war?

2421793_orig.png

Peace is easier said than done. It requires tolerance on all sides and all it takes is one viral toxic comment to break it. So unless everyone participates, someone will be a shithead and make someone get angry and they'll be a shithead back since they feel - it's only fair, an eye for an eye right?

No, you can't - by Ellen Forster - Conversations By The Sea

Yea, toxicity just ends up breeding more toxicity.

• Something I learnt from this forum is if you stan only 1 group you are a true fan and you only stan them for music but if you are a multi you are an annoying mofo that only wanna mess around aka fake fan... :pepe-notes:

• you think Orbits have never been toxic towards Brave Girls?

Some wished our Girls a Car accident just so they cant attend a stupid music Show. So loona get a win for ptt.

We didnt attack loona back. It was just a few morons not a whole fandom or even their faves. We were busy celebrating our music show wins against twice and aespa in the previous week.

If people choose such actions as represention of a whole fandom they want that war too.

We prefer to remember the friendly actions that represent their fandom. Like an Orbit created some Selfmade albums for the loona and Brave Girls dance unit and gifted them to us. Or them trying to teach us how to vote on those Kpop apps.

• you think Orbits have never been toxic towards Brave Girls?

Some wished our Girls a Car accident just so they cant attend a stupid music Show. So loona get a win for ptt.

We didnt attack loona back. It was just a few morons not a whole fandom or even their faves. We were busy celebrating our music show wins against twice and aespa in the previous week.

If people choose such actions as represention of a whole fandom they want that war too.

We prefer to remember the friendly actions that represent their fandom. Like an Orbit created some Selfmade albums for the loona and Brave Girls dance unit and gifted them to us. Or them trying to teach us how to vote on those Kpop apps.

So all brave girls stans are like you and have nothing against Orbits? Because you're speaking for all of them. I only ask because even though I'm ARMY, I don't think I can speak for all of them. I don't have a problem with multistans - but I know some ARMY do.

• This thread contains 39 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!