DO YOU GUYS THINK THAT THE 4TH GEN FEMALE IDOLS' VOCAL SKILLS ARE FALLING BEHIND?

• [+163, -7]

If I may speak up, I feel like the more the generations progress, the more the skills are downgrading. People claim that it's all about voice colors, but honestly they lack the basics. so they claim that it's just about "voice color". When there's a team with no voice abilities, they claim that it's because their voice colors are pretty. Of course the companies will edit their voices on the broadcasts to make their voice sound pretty like the digital versions but when there's no arrangement and they sing raw, they don't sound like their digital versions. And the videos that the fans are sharing around are all the videos that the company made. They've already edited their voices to sound pretty and I've never seen a show that's 100% live anymore

2. [+128, -14]

So the 3rd generation is also lacking in singing ability compared to the 2nd generation though...? There were Hyorin, Park Bom, Luna, Taeyeon, Solji, Eunji, etc. Even for male idols, there were Kim Junsu, Taeyang, Yang Yoseob, Sandeul, Kyuhyun, Heo Youngaeng, etc.

3. [+83, -3]

Honestly ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Even though she's not an idol but when you listen to Kwon Jinah sing Hype Boy in the norebang ㅋㅋㅋㅋ It feels like a slap to the original versionㅋㅋㅋ Their digital version literally uses all possible kinds of post-recording arrangements, I rather see them sing with their real voices as if they're in a norebang instead. They keep pushing the new type of songs, new type of singing ability, there's nothing new about it. they're just falling back.. It's just that the post-editing skills have improved rather than the voices.. And it's not only them. this applies to all idols. The fans are always praising the encore lives, but if you actually watched their videos, they all sound unstable. Their voice power is so small and you can hear all the mistakes. And when the fans are trying to shield them, rather than shielding the ones who actually hit the high notes, they shield the ones who have a "new kind" of voice color

4. [+70, -8]

But nobody would listen to songs of singers who actually know how to sing. Honestly soloists are all good at lives, but they don't get half as much support and attention as idols. Meanwhile people swear at idols for lacking skils tsk tsk

6. [+60, -57]

I honestly didn't feel like the 3rd gen had any stand out vocals either?? If you look at the 4th gen, they have Lily, Swan, but if you look at the 3rd gen, there's only Yuju. And for male idols, I can't think of anyone in the 4th gen, but if you look at the 3rd gen, there's Baekhyun, Eunkwang. None of them can compare to the male and female vocals of the 2nd gen. For reference, Solji is from the 2nd gen. And even for people like Lily and Swan, they're not even considered A-list in terms of their groups. It's true that the skills are falling behind

[enter-talk] DO YOU GUYS THINK THAT THE 4TH GEN FEMALE IDOLS' VOCAL SKILLS ARE FALLING BEHIND?
    We translate Pann articles about Korean news, music, drama and lifestyle
    www.pannchoa.com

My opinion..the 3 gen kpop stans love overreacting the vocal in 3 gen..when there re many vocalists in 4gen..in reality..esp nmixx get suck songs..this is waste ..there re many nugu strong vocalists in 4gen.

I notice no main vocal for boy group in 4gen..no stand out lol

• lol, hypocrite.

why don't they support great vocalists then?

vocal is important when you are a soloist but for an idol, it is plus not a must-have skill.

even so, doesn't matter if the song sucks.

But nobody would listen to songs of singers who actually know how to sing. Honestly soloists are all good at lives, but they don't get half as much support and attention as idols. Meanwhile people swear at idols for lacking skils tsk tsk

This.

• 2. [+128, -14]

So the 3rd generation is also lacking in singing ability compared to the 2nd generation though...? There were Hyorin, Park Bom, Luna, Taeyeon, Solji, Eunji, etc. Even for male idols, there were Kim Junsu, Taeyang, Yang Yoseob, Sandeul, Kyuhyun, Heo Youngaeng, etc.

6. [+60, -57]

I honestly didn't feel like the 3rd gen had any stand out vocals either?? If you look at the 4th gen, they have Lily, Swan, but if you look at the 3rd gen, there's only Yuju. And for male idols, I can't think of anyone in the 4th gen, but if you look at the 3rd gen, there's Baekhyun, Eunkwang. None of them can compare to the male and female vocals of the 2nd gen. For reference, Solji is from the 2nd gen. And even for people like Lily and Swan, they're not even considered A-list in terms of their groups. It's true that the skills are falling behind

This, with the exception of Mamamoo.

• There's tons of super talented vocalists in 4th gen nugu groups but nobody cares about them or their groups :pepe-hips:

This is a ridiculous thing to complain about when the massive success of all these 'non vocal specialized' groups proves that super skilled technical vocalists are simply not important.

• There were less great vocalists in the third generation than the second and it’s even worse now in particular among the popular groups except for Aespa who barely sing live ( not their fault but we are discussing stability during live performances), NMIXX and Le Sserafim who have Yunjin/Chaewon. None of these vocalists are at the same level as Taeyeon, Luna, Wendy, Mamamoo though.

During the second, third generation you could be the talk of the town thank to a good vocal performance like Lovelyz and Red Velvet when they did an acapella battle but I don’t see that happening now. It’s all about stage presence (whatever it means) and visuals.

8zf-yB.gif   

• There is a strong generalisation in those comments.

I usually prefer 2nd over 3rd and 3rd over 4th Gen. But its not black and white.

Wendy for example have the greatest vocal range. I dont know any 2nd Gen singer better then her.

And there are still good ones in 4th gen. Nmixx or aespa are good and some nugus are also awesome.

The biggest difference i noticed is that in the past. Around 2012-2015. you could make noise with strong vocal performances. But that trend slowly died. Funnily i think it was SM, who usually have amongst the best vocalists, who started pushing this backtrack and lipsync only. And since all the fans didnt mind the other companies soon followed since it makes a lot of things easier for them.

• Bora from Cherry Bullet, Monday from Weeekly, Seoryoung from GWSN, Yunjin from Le Sserafim, Lily from NMIXX, Chuu and Haseul from LOONA (and no I didn't say 'formerly' because loona is 12 forever), Siyeon from Dreamcatcher, Ningning and Winter from Aespa

Also the fact that people always call vocal heavy groups "boring". There is so demand for vocal heavy groups obviously by the way the are treated by netizens (no, just just inetz , knetz too)

• Bora from Cherry Bullet, Monday from Weeekly, Seoryoung from GWSN, Yunjin from Le Sserafim, Lily from NMIXX, Chuu and Haseul from LOONA (and no I didn't say 'formerly' because loona is 12 forever), Siyeon from Dreamcatcher, Ningning and Winter from Aespa

Also the fact that people always call vocal heavy groups "boring". There is so demand for vocal heavy groups obviously by the way the are treated by netizens (no, just just inetz , knetz too)

you are naming groups that aren't even 4th generation dreamcatcher are very much 3rd gen only debuted a few months after bp

and loona have been in the industry since 2016 even some of their fans don't consider them 4th gen

• you are naming groups that aren't even 4th generation dreamcatcher are very much 3rd gen only debuted a few months after bp

and loona have been in the industry since 2016 even some of their fans don't consider them 4th gen

Loona as a group debuted in 2018, the same year as Stray Kids, making them early 4th gen. Dreamcatcher could go either way, they debuted a year after BP but in the same year as The Boyz. They're 3.5 but that's not really one gen so it's usually just rounded up to 4th gen. I don't find this particularly difficult to understand.

• Loona as a group debuted in 2018, the same year as Stray Kids, making them early 4th gen. Dreamcatcher could go either way, they debuted a year after BP but in the same year as The Boyz. They're 3.5 but that's not really one gen so it's usually just rounded up to 4th gen. I don't find this particularly difficult to understand.

Loona were promoting since 2016 on inkago with their subunits and they releasing music before their "official debut" groups that debuted in 2018 are sometimes considered 3.5 gen . The boys is probably the group that gets questioned the most even by knetz.

dreamcatcher were always seen as 3rd gen though they debuted 5 months after bp it's like every time a new group from 3rd gen is considered 4th gen at this point people are gonna start calling bp 4th gen

• Loona were promoting since 2016 on inkago with their subunits and they releasing music before their "official debut" groups that debuted in 2018 are sometimes considered 3.5 gen . The boys is probably the group that gets questioned the most even by knetz.

dreamcatcher were always seen as 3rd gen though it's like every time a new group from 3rd gen is considered 4th gen at this point people are gonna start calling bp 4th gen

Predebut content is not an official debut and doesn't make a group any particular generation, it is not their official group debut which matters most when deciding which generation a group is in. Ask anyone what generation Dreamcatcher and The Boyz are in, most people would say 3.5 or 4th gen. How come Dreamcatcher can't be considered 4th gen when they debuted the same year as SKZ who people consider the start of the 4th gen? How come Loona can't be considered 4th gen when they debuted the same year as both SKZ and DC?

• Predebut content is not an official debut and doesn't make a group any particular generation, it is not their official group debut which matters most when deciding which generation a group is in. Ask anyone what generation Dreamcatcher and The Boyz are in, most people would say 3.5 or 4th gen. How come Dreamcatcher can't be considered 4th gen when they debuted the same year as SKZ who people consider the start of the 4th gen? How come Loona can't be considered 4th gen when they debuted the same year as both SKZ and DC?

dreamcatcher debuted in jan 2017 and bp in august 2016 like 5 months difference?

well the boys aren't 4th generation either especially if they debuted in 2017 I remember knetz complaining about that comparing them with wannaone being considered 3rd gen group and why the boys were considered 4th gen?

• Loona as a group debuted in 2018, the same year as Stray Kids, making them early 4th gen. Dreamcatcher could go either way, they debuted a year after BP but in the same year as The Boyz. They're 3.5 but that's not really one gen so it's usually just rounded up to 4th gen. I don't find this particularly difficult to understand.

I don think anybody see deamcatcher as 4th gen, especially bc they were formed from a group that debut during 3rgen

• dreamcatcher debuted in jan 2017 and bp in august 2016 like 5 months difference?

well the boys aren't 4th generation either especially if they debuted in 2017 I remember knetz complaining about that comparing them with wannaone being considered 3rd gen group and why the boys were considered 4th gen?

The Boyz debuted late 2017, Wannaone debuted in the Middle of the year. That's a 9 month difference. They were considered 3rd gen at the time because no one was talking about the start of 4th gen until TXT and ITZY debuted. 2017-18 was more than enough time for the next generation to start.

The Boyz* not the boys.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!