I think I've finally evolved from "constantly mad" to "not caring" when it comes to Twice music

• I just don't care anymore, I've accepted that musically Twice is over. Sure, they'll be active, they'll do tours which I am excited for, they'll do realities which I am excited for. But musically? That shit is over.

• honestly
    I didn't like TWICE music or their release song anymore
    w only exception on 2020 (I like TWICE I can't Stop me)

I like their song from 2015-2018

for each TWICE comeback teaser
    I check them
    hopefully waiting for
    I will like their music again

I just hype them as I can
    TWICE will comeback and retain the title as the top GG of 3rd Gen 😎
    😋✌

• I am not as anguished as you.

But I haven't been into TWICE's music for a long time. Musically I am pretty exclusively centered on their first couple albums (which I play over and over and over). That was the magical time for me in terms of the music.

They are still my ult and emotional connection to this day because the connection was more than just dependent on me loving their music.

I still get excited and love following them. But it really is not about the music anymore for me.

That aspect of my love of TWICE is in the past.

It's about all the rest now. And my love of Tzuyu and the members.

• Next step is to go all in and become a Blink.

• Guess is opposite for me. Kinda a rollercoaster for me. I love early Twice era, it was magical.

Mature era Twice was weak, songs were ok, nothing special though, my least favorite time in terms of bsides, during this era I focused mainly on members instead of music to keep me going.

But the current era, from The Feels to TTT album is Twice best in awhile. Finally seeing an attempt at their earlier sounds, highest quality bside during this era. I'm excited for the their music moving forward, waiting for next comeback to see if it was a fluke or will this quality carry forward.

• Twice peaked musically in 2019, it was all downhill from there as soon as they started thinking about the US :pepe-narrow-eyes:

They need to pray to get BEP back :pepe-cross:

They only renewed so they can tour as they know most aren’t relevant solo, so music quality will probably take a bigger backseat whilst they put out whatever so they can rush to touring :pepe-narrow-eyes:

• It's interesting to see so many of their stans here not "vibe" with their latest direction as I'd argue their music has been the best it's ever been. The title track choices are questionable but their bsides are really great. The gay bop vibes of Trouble from their latest album, the dark-pop vibes of Last Waltz (and the time signature change), etc. Wasn't the biggest fan of TOL but I consider Eyes Wide Open to be one of the best albums ever in KPOP, up there with the likes of REBOOT, 4 Walls, etc.

I guess its different strokes for different folks but with the way their popularity has been expanding since Fancy I think many others agree. Anyway there's nothing wrong with unstanning a group if you feel like you don't care about their musical direction, they are musicians first and foremost after all and their job is to deliver performances & music that people like.

• It's interesting to see so many of their stans here not "vibe" with their latest direction as I'd argue their music has been the best it's ever been. The title track choices are questionable but their bsides are really great. The gay bop vibes of Trouble from their latest album, the dark-pop vibes of Last Waltz (and the time signature change), etc. Wasn't the biggest fan of TOL but I consider Eyes Wide Open to be one of the best albums ever in KPOP, up there with the likes of REBOOT, 4 Walls, etc.

I guess it’s different strokes for different folks but with the way their popularity has been expanding since Fancy I think many others agree. Anyway there's nothing wrong with unstanning a group if you feel like you don't care about their musical direction, they are musicians first and foremost after all and their job is to deliver performances & music that people like.

A lot of kpop groups are growing and selling more as the market is growing as kpop exposure increases, it’s a stretch to correlate that with better music and “others agreeing” when it’s mainly due to a wider reach. It’s like saying 3rd gen music is much better than 2nd gen as they sell more and have better streams but we all know it’s market forces dictating that as 2019 kpop is not the same as 2022 :pepe-narrow-eyes:

If anything, Twice’s position has decreased so relative to the market they’re losing out and more newer fans are liking other girl groups above Twice :pepe-narrow-eyes:

• A lot of kpop groups are growing and selling more as the market is growing as kpop exposure increases, it’s a stretch to correlate that with better music and “others agreeing” when it’s mainly due to a wider reach. It’s like saying 3rd gen music is much better than 2nd gen as they sell more and have better streams but we all know it’s market forces dictating that as 2019 kpop is not the same as 2022 :pepe-narrow-eyes:

If anything, Twice’s position has decreased so relative to the market they’re losing out and more newer fans are liking other girl groups above Twice :pepe-narrow-eyes:

It's not even just the streams though. It's a pretty popular opinion among KPOP fans and people who follow their music that their discography went through a massive glow up after the FANCY YOU! mini album. Critics too. Some uncle fans who are mad that they aren't doing aegyo and sha sha sha at their grown age won't change that

And that last comment has nothing to do with the thread or my comment but anyway

• It's not even just the streams though. It's a pretty popular opinion among KPOP fans and people who follow their music that their discography went through a massive glow up after the FANCY YOU! mini album. Critics too. Some uncle fans who are mad that they aren't doing aegyo and sha sha sha at their grown age won't change that

And that last comment has nothing to do with the thread or my comment but anyway

I think what you mean is their music became more western friendly so western publications and western fans appreciated it more, which you’d get further affirmation from through reading western sources such as AKP and Reddit that have major western influence :pepe-narrow-eyes:

Uncle fans is an odd thing to bring up considering they lost most of the South Korean market and their b-sides still aren’t very popular. Name me one b-side of theirs that has broken out past the fandom ;judgingpepe:

If Twice are relatively worse off i.e. not growing as quick as others in the market their music is not as liked as before relatively speaking, yet alone more liked as they are not growing at the same pace as the market :pepe-narrow-eyes:

• Some uncle fans who are mad that they aren't doing aegyo and sha sha sha at their grown age won't change that

I feel like I'm being shaded! Lol. :sweatr:

But no, as one of TWICE uncle fans it's not really aegyo or their overtly cutesy stuff I yearn for.

It was their simpler youthful love ballads like Like a Fool and Melting that I miss.

I just like that more youthful first love sort of sound and emotion that their music took early on.

It was what connected with me most emotionally.

I'm glad so many love their new direction and music though. I'm always a Stan, even if I'm stuck on their old stuff.

I guess its different strokes for different folks but with the way their popularity has been expanding since Fancy I think many others agree. Anyway there's nothing wrong with unstanning a group if you feel like you don't care about their musical direction, they are musicians first and foremost after all and their job is to deliver performances & music that people like.

maybe people aged a bit or their taste has shifted. i mean it has been 7-8 years? for twice. that's a big growth to people especially fan's taste,views etc

• The gay is still strong, and prob more appreciated than ever before since the fandom has much more women who like women than the early days :flirt-pepe2:

Their TT are hit or miss but their bsides are good that’s why I can’t let them go because if I don’t like the title track I know I will like the album.

• wait, moonligth is not out yet, did I miss something?

6 more hours

pasted-from-clipboard.png

• This thread contains one more post that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!