Rainbow's TMI For Today: I met another ONCE at school today!

• I met another ONCE at school today! This is the second person that I met in person who is a fan of Twice (I'll consider them a fan if they can name songs or their favorite members lol) So this is basically what went down...

I have a bag with Twice logos all over it from the 'III' World Tour merch collection that I use to carry all my school stuff in, and she saw it and was like "I like your bag!" And I was just like "thank you😊" just thinking it was something nice she ways saying because of the color or unique pattern or something. And then she was like "so you like Twice?" And I became 10x happier lmao. And of course, I said "yes!"

And she was like "who's your bias?" And I was like "Jihyo~" and she replied with "I like Nayeon!"

And in my brain, I was like "omggg she actually follows the group"

Because most of the KPOP fans I met in person either know Twice but don't stan them or are huge fans of them but are familiar with other groups/artists.

But I shouldn't have been surprised because when I see another kid with KPOP merch, I will literally be like "I like your shirt" (or whatever else they have on KPOP related because I can recognize most things about most artists). And I hope to start a conversation because no one who doesn't follow any K-groups won't know anything.

I remember there was a freshman girl wearing a Lovesick Girls hoodie and I went up to her and said "I like your shirt" and they're always like "thank you!" as if it's just a simple compliment so usually I have to be like "so you like [insert KPOP artist here]?" And then we go into a short conversation about it. It's interesting because I'm not typically someone who likes to start conversations. I avoid going up to people and talking to them straight up. I prefer them to start talking to me because I somehow know how to make every conversation awkward, at least, before I get to know them more. But when it comes to KPOP, I know a lot about it so I can talk to someone about it all day if they'll let me tbh and if they know it. I also know that it can be hard to talk about it because it's definitely looked down upon among American teenagers because a lot of them think it's cringe and they can't understand it. Those are some of the main reasons. So there are a lot of closet fans or maybe open fans who don't really bring it up. And also because it's such an awkward concept to some non-fans because there's just so much. You won't have the same connection with a non-fan as with a fan.

It's always really nice. I wish there was a KPOP/Kdrama club at my school because I've met so many students at my school who like them. I've been thinking about starting one but I don't know how tbh. And I'm no extrovert, it'll be hard for me to be a leader in that way at least, alone. It may not be hard to find members but I'm still kind of worried that no one will join on their own (which I'm thinking that if I find someone who shows to like KPOP or K-drama or expressed it, then I'll tell them about it. Maybe have invitation cards with me at all times for that sort of thing lol). And also, every club needs a teacher sponsor, to host meetings, to let us use their classroom for 45 minutes, etc. so I feel like that would be kind of hard to find. And finally, I don't know if the school would accept it. I mean, we have clubs of all kinds but they may not know how much of an impact creating a Korean pop culture Fanclub would be.

Thoughts on this, btw? ^

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• another once at your school huh?

that would be a once in a million ;-)

in regards to your kpop club...why not make a sign/poster and see if you can post it in your school community notice board or something...don't give out your personal number or email but create a random free one like idunno

rainbowmateforever@google.com or something

• aw you reached 100k posts while i was away :-(

• if you can't get a yes for a k-pop club, you could expand it to like a group for appreciating asian media / culture in general. especially if you like anime. we had an anime / manga club at my school.

• fun stuff only happens when i leave :cryingr:

Aww, it's alright! <3

But you won't want to miss on the opportunity to earn extra akorns or just farm akorns in this thread here! :sana5:

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• Aww, it's alright! <3

But you won't want to miss on the opportunity to earn extra akorns or just farm akorns in this thread here! :sana5:

i'm a bad once but i'll try :sana5:

• That's pretty cool. You should try and start the club. Even if only a few people join - that's a few new friends, right? :finger-heart:

You're right! I'm definitely on the fence but at the same time, I'm leaning toward actually doing it!

The thing is, I want to do something big but when it around to actually start making it happen, I back out for whatever reason. Like I'm not brave enough to do something.

So I could literally spend a LOT of time planning something and not even go through with it because there's something in the process of actually making it happen that I always chicken out on doing. ;(

• You're right! I'm definitely on the fence but at the same time, I'm leaning toward actually doing it!

The thing is, I want to do something big but when it around to actually start making it happen, I back out for whatever reason. Like I'm not brave enough to do something.

So I could literally spend a LOT of time planning something and not even go through with it because there's something in the process of actually making it happen that I always chicken out on doing. ;(

Is there anyone else who might do it with you to be that spark to help you go through it?

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!