Do you want the rock/pop rock trend to take over completely in 2023(Tomboy, Good boy gone bad,…)?

• Pop rock is a huge trend globally, in Kpop we’ve only seen a few groups do it like Txt, Gidle. Do you want it to be a full trend next year with all groups doing rock like the disco trend in 2020?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• not really a fan of the songs you listed but i do like a bit of the rock sound mixed in sometimes

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• No thanks. Kpop is always a little behind global music trends but the trends certainly are not about pop rock, but the continuing dominance of hip hop and the growth and power of reggaeton and Latin music.

Personally I came to Kpop specifically for its r&b styles and tropes it preferred, and although I’m open to more styles and textures in music, I wish if Kpop was exploring rock, it was something better than reheated Panic at the Disco leftovers.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• I like pop rock in adam lambert style not the songs you mentioned

• If they're gonna do pop punk, they need to commit to the sound and aesthetic like Willow Smith and Demi Lovato did for their respective albums this year. Otherwise nah.

I honestly could care less what the trend is as long as it's not tropical house again (or country shudder).

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Pop-rock is dead even worldwide. KPOP was just late to the trend as per usual.

Groups like NewJeans are showing that more Y2K sounds & styles are in now. Would like to see more KPOP groups try unique styles/genres like RV/BP incorporating classical elements, LSFM with reggaetón, NJ with drum n bass sorta, etc.

Ditto's production is a subgenre of EDM called jersey club.

Also I would appreciate more classical music or even just orchestral elements in general. I am an absolute sucker for violin when sampled well, which is why I love Shut Down so much.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• No thanks. Kpop is always a little behind global music trends but the trends certainly are not about pop rock, but the continuing dominance of hip hop and the growth and power of reggaeton and Latin music.

Personally I came to Kpop specifically for its r&b styles and tropes it preferred, and although I’m open to more styles and textures in music, I wish if Kpop was exploring rock, it was something better than reheated Panic at the Disco leftovers.

So basically, global music trends are yet MOAR hip hop? MOAR reggaeton and Latin music?

omg-faint.gif

Like really? How many Old Town Roads, Despacitos, and Senoritas can we do before we get dead sick of this? If we're gonna rehash the exact same boring ass trap beats, reggaeton and latin beats for the trillionth time, why in god's name can't we rehash something that was actually good? Not just good, but AMAZING??

• When I heard Impurities by Lesserafim and Bye Bye by Red Velvet, I damn near levitated.

Impurities is literally a unicorn, of the few RnB vibey songs that actually sounds good and is growing on me. 99 percent of the rest of it is just boring generic dreck omg. If everyone wants RnB, just stream your fave 80s and 90s RnB artists, i promise you none of the new stuff is any better than the classics back in the day.

• Impurities is literally a unicorn, of the few RnB vibey songs that actually sounds good and is growing on me. 99 percent of the rest of it is just boring generic dreck omg. If everyone wants RnB, just stream your fave 80s and 90s RnB artists, i promise you none of the new stuff is any better than the classics back in the day.

I disagree with this, there's still great R&B being produced these days. I recommend Still Believe by PJ Morton and Hrs & Hrs by Muni Long.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• So basically, global music trends are yet MOAR hip hop? MOAR reggaeton and Latin music?

Like really? How many Old Town Roads, Despacitos, and Senoritas can we do before we get dead sick of this? If we're gonna rehash the exact same boring ass trap beats, reggaeton and latin beats for the trillionth time

Bad Bunny combines all 3 of those and he's one of the most popular artists worldwide, you just don't win.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Bad Bunny combines all 3 of those and he's one of the most popular artists worldwide, you just don't win.

that70s-show.gif

Imagine going from literal legends like MJ, Madonna, George Michael, Whitney Houston, and Bruce effing Springsteen himself, to having this dude's sounds be the most popular worldwide.

We went from this effing masterpiece, a musician at the height of his craft, painting us an unbelievably vivid picture and telling a story that resonates with EVERYONE:

To whatever this mess is that got 1.2 BILLION views on YT:

• Does that mean Dreamcatcher charting?

Because if you want rock/kpop.

• Pop punk has gone I think

I’ll take Bad Bunny over Springsteen if it means getting on the dance floor. Ain’t no one trying to break a sweat to Jungleland lol (I love Bruce dw)

Latin beats were meant to be experienced live at the club, not streamed online. Antifragile is for the people

I think many kpop producers are gonna crib from two sources next:

1) 90’s Raver aesthetics. Straight DnB, House, Garage and their offshoots. More simplified arrangements that have momentum and groove. Performance oriented groups will eat it up. Big pants, peace and love, leathers and NYLON (magazine and material). But NOT big house EDM like we had 10 years ago

2) 00’s Neptunes production. This will sound like 2nd gen kpop to some. Weird instruments, complex rhythms, samples and lots of kitschy GROOVE. For the brave and talented only. Pharrell and Timbalands best beats never age. BAPE hoodies, Street dance, footwork, vocal harmonies

• 1) 90’s Raver aesthetics. Straight DnB, House, Garage and their offshoots. More simplified arrangements that have momentum and groove. Performance oriented groups will eat it up. Big pants, peace and love, leathers and NYLON (magazine and material). But NOT big house EDM like we had 10 years ago

YES YES YES. I remember hearing So Bad by STAYC and levitating when the drop hit. That's how you combine pop and DnB.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Yes and yes!!! but more rock-ish rather than punk because i'm getting fed up with pop-punk

more Tomboy and Lovesong please!! :pepe-excited:

or...... they could try something like Rammstein that would be a sight to see :pepe-devil:

• So basically, global music trends are yet MOAR hip hop? MOAR reggaeton and Latin music?

omg-faint.gif

Like really? How many Old Town Roads, Despacitos, and Senoritas can we do before we get dead sick of this? If we're gonna rehash the exact same boring ass trap beats, reggaeton and latin beats for the trillionth time, why in god's name can't we rehash something that was actually good? Not just good, but AMAZING??

I've never agreed with you more than this post.

Most of the latin/reggaeton has nothing to do with the validity of the genre musically - it's simply groups choosing it because of the massive international audience. It's as cynical as can be. And people here praising it, exactly as expected.

Also, NewJeans being praised as Y2K is so funny to me - I was there at Y2K, and they are so sanitized to the actual RnB happening around that time (DC, TLC, Alicia Keys, Brandy etc etc and just generall all the RnB of the late 90's and 2000's), as well as dressing almost entirely different. It's faux nostalgia for people who never lived in that era.

• I've never agreed with you more than this post.

Most of the latin/reggaeton has nothing to do with the validity of the genre musically - it's simply groups choosing it because of the massive international audience. It's as cynical as can be. And people here praising it, exactly as expected.

Also, NewJeans being praised as Y2K is so funny to me - I was there at Y2K, and they are so sanitized to the actual RnB happening around that time (DC, TLC, Alicia Keys, Brandy etc etc and just generall all the RnB of the late 90's and 2000's), as well as dressing almost entirely different. It's faux nostalgia for people who never lived in that era.

True, I was a teenager in the 2000s and no one dressed like that lmao.

• BlackpinkHouse did you listened this one ?

External Content open.spotify.com

Not bad, but this isnt quite the kinda rock i'd like to see. The sound i'm thinking of is a bit more 80s arena rock and hair metal like some of Bonnie Tyler's discography. Everyone knows her for Total Eclipse of the Heart but she had 10 other songs just as good as that.

That third song is one of the best songs ever made.

Literal mini rock operas, songs given longer than 3 minutes to breathe. Real songs sung by real singers with real voices telling real stories with real passion...when will we ever see this level of musicality again? ;(;(;(

• No don’t make a mockery of rock music

Rock n roll is for men, not girls diluting the genre. Girls should focus on being a good wife and learning to cook, not pretend to be in a rock band with diluted soy boy rock

omg-faint.gif

GODAMNIT, finally someone spilling the tea

:pepe-simp::pepe-simp::pepe-simp:

I actually came to kpop more than 10 years ago exactly to run away from that :teddy-pepe:

• Yes and yes!!! but more rock-ish rather than punk because i'm getting fed up with pop-punk

more Tomboy and Lovesong please!! :pepe-excited:

or...... they could try something like Rammstein that would be a sight to see :pepe-devil:

ALL OF THIS, BIG YES :pepe-simp:

• No love for Queen and Mr. Mercury though? :emotionalpepe:

You know, someone mentioned antifragile and yeah - LOVE the LSF project, but antifragile was a HUGE downgrade for me. It's like I can hear all those trashy reggaeton songs :pepe-cringe::boompepe:

I was there when gasolina became a HUGE hit. I don't want to go back to those days. :pepe-firing: In my country we're being plagued with brazilian funk and it's just as bad. :pepe-puddle:

I had a breakdown and had to clean my ears today with Pearl Jam. No one cares about this stuff anymore...

• Another issue with rock trends is that there’s so much gate keeping with rock fans. Like sure, you can put electric guitars and distortion pedals all over it but you’ve got to expect backlash and fans questioning your authenticity or comparing it to some 70’s group like they’re the same thing

Historically (and maybe because they both

came from marginalised communities) dance music and RnB are more open with sharing their influence around

• This thread contains 4 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!