Are there idols you feel would do better as soloists than being in the group?

• Yohan maybe? I like him in WEi a lot but he showed a lot of potential with his album 'Illusion'. I'd even argue it's better than most of the music Wei currently has. So if he made more music like that, perhaps he could get somewhere.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Idk if I'd expect him to chart hella well or get amazing streams, but the musical direction would be interesting to see. Of the 6 members only 3 have formerly released music, and his solo music catches my interest the most.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• Hwasa, she overshadows her group.

No, but you're probably one of these army who knows nothing about kpop apart from bts.

it's funny to see that the armys on this forum are always the first to complain but also always the first to open their mouths about other groups, and especially group that have never done anything to them and that they don't even know.

:hazmat-pepe::pepe-spray:

If you really love something, you have to know how to let go.

tumblr_oln7qtTHZo1vkpbuyo2_540.gifv

• Yohan maybe? I like him in WEi a lot but he showed a lot of potential with his album 'Illusion'. I'd even argue it's better than most of the music Wei currently has. So if he made more music like that, perhaps he could get somewhere.

Idk if I'd expect him to chart hella well or get amazing streams, but the musical direction would be interesting to see. Of the 6 members only 3 have formerly released music, and his solo music catches my interest the most.

I came here to name another WEi member, Donghan

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.
    ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

• No, but you're probably one of these army who knows nothing about kpop apart from bts.

it's funny to see that the armys on this forum are always the first to complain but also always the first to open their mouths about other groups, and especially group that have never done anything to them and that they don't even know.

:hazmat-pepe::pepe-spray:

To be fair that user didn't want to mention any names. I asked them to after they left a comment.

Also it shouldn't be a surprise that people mention hwasa after her massive success with maria. Her songs twit and Maria are catchy and she is a skilled idol. She got vocals and performance skills. A great soloist.

°˚°. ʝɛռռɨɛ .°˚°

e1529f760ae65babe0169164fa89ce9724f7a8da.gifv 90094dc8040347facc226a9472ad1b443f2c17bd.gifv

• bang yedam

External Content youtu.be

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• Yohan is my personal favorite of the bunch so that's why I focused on him. Donghan also has a lot of potential too though. I hope Oui gives him a solo cb. The Double Trouble performances he did were a lot of fun and a cool solo endeavor for him.

External Content youtu.be

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• You forget to mention Lisa :pepelove1:

no, not really. :eyes: I mean she does great as a solo but I don't think she would do better than being in Blackpink. I mean Blackpink is very powerful and I don't think Lisa is more powerful than Blackpink :ideac:

кιм נєηηιє ⭐︎мαησвαη ℓαℓιѕα⭐︎ ραяк ¢нαєуσυηg ⭐︎ кιм נιѕσσ

540 Jennie Kim ideas | blackpink jennie, kim, kim jennie Blackpink Jennie Teddy Bear Şapka | krimofashion.com  제니츄 on Twitter | Blackpink fashion, Fashion, Black pink

• Y'all here ask for opinions and get triggered when others give, let me give more.

Lisa idk why.

Taehyung, vocals shine more in solo songs, music direction is different as well.

Taeyeon, her solo songs >>

Baekhyun, he shines way more as a soloist.

Taemin, he just give me more "soloist aura".

Someone mentioned yedam, ywh him too.

• Lol who hurt u? 🤒

you know what we're going to say that you don't know anything about the group and I'm going to take the time to explain to you :check-bee:

So Hwasa popularity don't overshadow Mamamoo, why ?

Mamamoo is the group that has a very strong hook with the GP in Korea, you probably don't know it but they are the female group that has the most ULs in Korea after IU and Taeyeon. So more than Twice, Blackpink, RV and they did this without company privilege, no pretty privilege and no male privilege.

Hwasa is very popular with the GP it's completely true, but the other girls are also very popular, you probably don't know it but Hwasa is the one who sells the least album despite her popularity. Moonbyul sells the most.

All the OST sung by Wheein were all more popular than the OST that sung by Hwasa.

Solar is ranked higher lately than Hwasa in the popularity rankings.

We cannot say that artistically Mamamoo restrains Hwasa, since the group has a very great artistic freedom and a great musical variety.

So when I see someone who knows absolutely nothing about the group come and say that Hwasa overshadow Mamamoo is really annoying. It's like I tell you V overshadow J-hope I think people in your fandom would come for me.

We are 5 Moomoos on this forum, we bother nobody and every day we read nonsense about our group how would you feel in our place? :check-bee:

• If you mean "they should have been a soloist period instead of being a group" then no one because you really do need that group success (even if it's small) to springboard to a solo career at this point.

If you mean "they're just really good outside the group and should focus on solos" then I would say Kihyun from Monsta X. I love MX to bits, but I absolutely love Kihyun's voice and think he has great appeal as a soloist.

• hwasa has a different style in her solos which some non mamamoo fans like.

This is not true since the musical styles in these solos were also made by Mamamoo as group. The only real style that is specific to Hwasa she did not do in these solos are these rapping talents.

We can appreciate Hwasa's solos and appreciate her talent, it's my case personally. But to say that she would do better alone is false, since she also participates in the writing of songs or their composition in Mamamoo. Already when Mamamoo had to sign their contract we already had people tell us that she would not resign because she was better off on her own, it's tiring in the long run and especially today on the birthday of the 8 years of Mamamoo.

Many here say they like Hwasa, but many called her a flop not too long ago. Many started to appreciate Hwasa when she gained popularity before that no one mentions her solo work (solo work she has since 2014).

Edited 2 times, last by citron-icy ().

• I don't remmeber spitting nonsense against mamamoo but if it hurt your sentiments I sincerely apologise I forgot for a while that people here prefer sugar-coated opinions only. But it was very wrong of you to just assume idk shit about them when I reality I got into them back in 2017 when they released "yes I am". In the past, I never felt that they overshadow each other but ever since Hwasa debuted as a soloist I can only see her in the group and her vocals match my taste as well. It's a popular opinion, it's not only me targeting the group, I never intended to but if it sounds like that, my apologies. And you can voice your opinion too, why do u care about people here.?

• To be fair that user didn't want to mention any names. I asked them to after they left a comment.

Also it shouldn't be a surprise that people mention hwasa after her massive success with maria. Her songs twit and Maria are catchy and she is a skilled idol. She got vocals and performance skills. A great soloist.

Yeah I'm more into Hwasas stuff now. I watched her variety show activities too and she looks more of an "established solo artists" now. That's why I think she sometimes overshadows the group.

• I could only think of Hyunah but that’s my perception since she’s already a soloist. Tbh for me it’s closer to 0 because when they’re in groups we tend to overlook their weak points since there are other members, someone may be amazingly vocally but it’s not good at performance or in interviews etc

• This thread contains 22 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!