Explain how some kpop fans say "they lipsync doesnt mean they're not talented"

• how do you know if they are talented when they almost never sing without background support or lipsync?

you think everyone that sounds good in the studio is an extremely talented vocalist?

lol

far from that

with current tech, so much manipulation happens

not to mention, many idols make a lot more money than the average person despite having similar or less vocal skill

now I dont think you need to be exceptional to be a professional

i truly dont

the world is not meant only for the best of the best or anything like that

but as a professional you are EXPECTED to actually DO your profession and be atleast better than an amateur

that's why people look to you as the standard

how can you call someone talented when they dont actually have sufficient work to back it up

would you call a firefighter talented and professional without even knowing how efficiently they do their work ( an actually crucial work in society ) or if they're making free money off of connections?

you most likely wouldn't

why make excuses for idols?

its ok to say you dont care if my idols can sing or not you find them attractive so you'll continue to stan

you're shallow but atleast you're true to yourself

and everyone's shallow in some way or another

but why justfiy professionals being bad at their profession?

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• can we please stop talking about lipsync now. my head hurts

:nct8:

• Does someone calling an idol talented physically harm your or something? :pepepizza:

• I'm not done reading that thread but when I was thinking about replying, this was definitely one of the points I had in mind.

I am not the one to settle for bare minimum so I agree. I personally don't mind lipsynching IF that performance is giving me something that I haven't seen already. But then again I don't watch performances of others more than once because they don't bring me the enjoyment like my faves do. And I like that my faves either bring something new with their each performance so I can look forward to their performances.

• what's the point in performing live during a completely virtual event, when editors can manipulate your pitch and the way you sound anyways? not defending lipsyncing, but isn't this a similar argument?

You got my post wrong

I'm not suggesting idols should sing live very often

Even my own favs don't

What I'm saying is, if they never sing live or sound bad when they do, it's dumb to call them 'talented' as singers just because they sound good in the studio,which is more often than not, extremely manipulated

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• wtf are you talking 2x

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

"Out of all the languages he could've spoken, He chose to speak facts"

• my friend you know what I mean and I know what you mean...

no need to beat around the bush lol

I personally don't care since I took it as a joke and no biggie but try not saying such things especially since there are people who won't and you might get yourself reported or otherwise...

• my friend you know what I mean and I know what you mean...

no need to beat around the bush lol

I personally don't care since I took it as a joke and no biggie but try not saying such things especially since there are people who won't and you might get yourself reported or otherwise...

I wouldn't mind taking it down if someone feels offended by my jokes

Atleast it's better to talk over it directly than reporting it

u r m o m g a y

• Well, Lip-sync doesn't mean they're not talented. There are a lot of reasons why singers would do it often and I am sure it has been mentioned millions of times (stamina, health, director choices...etc). Even great singers lip-sync sometimes. Is Beyonce not talented because she lip-synced many times? lol

An extreme example of faking their entire singing skills by lip-syncing is rare and pointless (assuming you mean those who lip-sync all the time because they "can't" sing at all hence "untalented").

1- Producers (and basically anyone who works in music/knows about vocals) can tell obviously edited and processed voices so it's useless for someone untalented to fake all of it since you can tell what is a real skill and what is not. If a singer's entire career was fake, they would know.

2- Are there any singers who never sang live at all that people can't determine their skills (if they're "talented" or not)? + and their voices in the studio sound too edited ie: not real? Most if not all 2nd and 3rd gen idols sang live at least once so they're out of the question. 4th gen came in a time where pre-recorded stages are the norm where singing "Live" on the spot there can be edited as much as a studio version but all of them afaik shown their level of skill somewhere (good or bad) so they can't be faking their talent. You can easily tell if someone is talented even if they lip-sync. So "Lip-syncing doesn't mean the person is not talented" is not a wrong statement. You can argue the person who chooses to lip-sync a lot is wrong for doing it but not untalented because the latter is not mutually exclusive with LS.

lt64IYu.gif

Edited once, last by Yumeku ().

• I don't think you can immediately call someone as untalented purely because they lip sync, that's a bit unfair because you haven't seen them sing live.

If they can sing well live, no matter how rare, then obviously they have talent but that company or TV channel make them LS. Even Taeyeon has LS perfs in last couple years, does that automatically make her untalented? No of course not, it's freaking Taeyeon dude.

However if they get the opportunity to sing live and they're shit, well there's not much more that needs to be said

• I don't think you can immediately call someone as untalented purely because they lip sync, that's a bit unfair because you haven't seen them sing live.

If they can sing well live, no matter how rare, then obviously they have talent but that company or TV channel make them LS. Even Taeyeon has LS perfs in last couple years, does that automatically make her untalented? No of course not, it's freaking Taeyeon dude.

However if they get the opportunity to sing live and they're shit, well there's not much more that needs to be said

What are you talking about mate

I said we shouldn't call someone talented if they don't actually showcase their talent

That doesn't translate to assume they are untalented

Just that the bare minimum expected of a professional should be to actually be better than amateurs at their profession

Like, can you make it to a university without good accolades?

They're not judging you as dumb but you need to work hard to PROVE you can keep up with their standards

Then why in kpop do we call idols 'talented' when they won't ever shoe their talent

Taeyeon can lip sync a 100 times this year and we'd still have proof she can and has sung at an amazing level in the past

But there's whole groups ( won't name them) that refuse to sing live or sound like average untrained people when they sing live, even outside music shows where they are not being forced to lipsync

Why do fans or ppl in general like to assume they are talented and argue against people who don't agree?

Esp big company stans do this a lot

Although we all know even the topmost labels cast idols purely for sex appeal regardless of skill and it doesn't really prove you actually meet the skill standard just because you got to debut

u r m o m g a y

• How can they be talented when they're not even singing a live note? Talent in my opinion is singing live, not miming. Anyone can do that, it takes talent to sing with your voice and from somebody who sang at the Sydney Opera House, I would know.

• Only in KPOP is not doing your job (singing) justified

Then again, I wouldn't say just because they don't sing live doesn't mean they are not talented. A lot of idols who don't sing live is not because they don't want to but because they aren't allowed to (companies don't allow, God knows why)

It isn't fair to say they are untalented just because they don't have a chance to showcase their skills.

• I guess the whole discussion of the thread topic is about groups that supposedly have only ever lipsynced and never sung live, so there's no guessing how they'd sound singing live, whether it'll be good or bad?

But are there any groups at all that have never sung live in whatever capacity and video? :whatb:

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• I guess the whole discussion of the thread topic is about groups that supposedly have only ever lipsynced and never sung live, so there's no guessing how they'd sound singing live, whether it'll be good or bad?

But are there any groups at all that have never sung live in whatever capacity and video? :whatb:

No there isnt. Cause even twice did sing live numerous time. And redvelvet or blackpink (or any other gg) lipsynced as much

• No there isnt. Cause even twice did sing live numerous time. And redvelvet or blackpink (or any other gg) lipsynced as much

If that's true that there aren't any groups at all that have never ever sung live, then the whole thread topic and argument is moot.

Since all groups have lipsynced AND all groups have sung live, then we already know how talented all the groups are, based on their live singing.

/end thread :eyebrowsr::siptear:

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• This thread contains 17 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!