Breaking: Chuu won't participate in LOONA's World Tour due to conflict between schedules

• I guess we can expect her to do some acting or tv show?

at least this is how I read this statement, seems like she had things planned before they announced WT

On June 3, BlockBerry Creative made an announcement on LOONA's official fan page that Chuu will not be participating in the upcoming world tour.

According to the announcement that was made on this day, BlockBerry Creative explained that Chuu will not be able to participate due to conflicting schedules.

BlockBerry Creative stated, "Due to scheduled activities that have been fixed in advance throughout the rest of the year, LOONA's Chuu will not be participating in the 2022 LOONA 1st WORLD TOUR [LOONATHEWORLD]. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and support."

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2022/06/blockberry-creative-announces-that-chuu-will-not-be-participating-in-loonas-first-world-tour-loonatheworld

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• If she was doing a drama, that would have been announced by now, right?

The drama would have to be filmed/promoted in August for her to miss these promotions, and usually they announce drama castings months in advance as soon as someone lands the role typically.

Must be something else. But it has to be something big for her to miss the WHOLE tour.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Makes sense given the rumors we saw about her and Blockberry being involved in some legal proceeding.

Maybe she wants to focus more on her solo variety career. I feel bad for Chuu stans, but Loona is a 12 member group, i think they can survive the loss of one member. And the most important member is still there, Heejin.

ย ย 

• If she was doing a drama, that would have been announced by now, right?

The drama would have to be filmed/promoted in August for her to miss these promotions, and usually they announce drama castings months in advance as soon as someone lands the role typically.

Must be something else. But it has to be something big for her to miss the WHOLE tour.

that depends

there could be for example press conference or 'script reading' for new drama planned for late July, and they maybe didn't reveal any cast yet, maybe even didn't reveal anything bout project because it's set to premiere in 2023?

but my guess is still more about tv show, maybe some MC role, or being a hidden participant in it

for example we don't know anything about things like Boys Planet 999 or I-LAND 2, who will be there as coach, who will be MC etc. and those are just a small part of potential new tv shows

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• that depends

there could be for example press conference or 'script reading' for new drama planned for late July, and they maybe didn't reveal any cast yet, maybe even didn't reveal anything bout project because it's set to premiere in 2023?

but my guess is still more about tv show, maybe some MC role, or being a hidden participant in it

for example we don't know anything about things like Boys Planet 999 or I-LAND 2, who will be there as coach, who will be MC etc. and those are just a small part of potential new tv shows

Nah. Script readings for July premieres happened in April. Like Kang Mina has a new show, it's debuting in late June and they have already started dropping the teasers to promote it, which means they filmed parts of it even before the start of this month.

And if it was enough for her to miss the whole tour, then it would have to be a significant role, so Blockberry would have definitely announced when she landed the role. 90% sure it's not a drama, but it could be an MC role or something else. But even that's weird. I don't think idols have ever prioritized their MC roles over touring.

Edit: Mixed up June and July.

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Nah. Script readings for July premieres happened in April. Like Kang Mina has a new show, it's debuting in LA July and they have already started dropping the teasers to promote it, which means they filmed parts of it even before the start of this month.

And if it was enough for her to miss the whole tour, then it would have to be a significant role, so Blockberry would have definitely announced when she landed the role. 90% sure it's not a drama, but it could be an MC role or something else. But even that's weird. I don't think idols have ever prioritized their MC roles over touring.

you've got it all wrong :D

I've said for something planned to have broadcast debut in 2023

I used that july for just first meeting or some information reveal, don't take whole 'statement' too heart

also remember that small dispute that they've had recently when Chuu won, and she now can decide which solo/side activities she can do, maybe then she liked an idea of doing something and she signed for it before knowing that WT is coming

I think Queendom brought whole new 'market' opportunities for LOONA and that World Tour is one of them. It seems like My Music Taste is organizing it, if I remember well they've worked in the past with Mamamoo and Dreamcatcher

• Even that seems weird though? Like for her not to even have the role secured and still miss a whole world tour for something that may or may not happen in 2023?

And tours are planned pretty far in advance. They are in no way impromptu, so if she was doing something as big as a drama that she knew about before the WT (which would have been planned in advance), we should know by now.

The math's not mathing for me, but we will see in the coming months.

• Even that seems weird though? Like for her not to even have the role secured and still miss a whole world tour for something that may or may not happen in 2023?

And tours are planned pretty far in advance. They are in no way impromptu, so if she was doing something as big as a drama that she knew about before the WT (which would have been planned in advance), we should know by now.

The math's not mathing for me, but we will see in the coming months.

well I will just give an example

Suzy filmed Start Up for 8 months

it's not unusual thing for dramas to be filmed for long time

those with 16 episodes usually take at least half of year

some tv shows are also filmed for month or two

look how long GP 999 or My Teenage Girl were filmed

• Hmmmm..... Loona isn't a priority to her anymore I guess? Will she eventually leave?

ยฐโจณยฐยท..ยทยฐโจณยฐโŠนูญ ๐“™๐“ž๐“จ ูญโŠนยฐโจณยฐยท..ยทยฐโจณยฐ

e59e7135c19a6341cc1e93725017b2ba7130662a.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv 87421ed4a49499627715cb8666cc133529df9593.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv b2fee2c558a21bd6472498e040b6dad3a40db33e.gifv

• I'm not talking about the filming cycle, but the fact that no information has been revealed about something that is supposed to happen in August. That's unusual. The only thing big enough to make her miss this tour would be a big role in a drama. And, it's weird for her to have a role secured that would make her miss the tour and that NOT be announced. And it would be weird for her to miss a tour for a drama role that is not secured yet.

Tours are also scheduled like 9 to 10 months in advance, so it's also weird that this tour was planned and whatever she is doing takes precedence over a world tour. Whole situation is something you would not see happening typically. It's probably because of the lawsuit, but even that makes things look weird about why the company would let Chuu choose to prioritize whatever she is doing over a world tour planned months in advance.

• I'm not talking about the filming cycle, but the fact that no information has been revealed about something that is supposed to happen in August. That's unusual. The only thing big enough to make her miss this tour would be a big role in a drama. And, it's weird for her to have a role secured that would make her miss the tour and that NOT be announced. And it would be weird for her to miss a tour for a drama role that is not secured yet.

Tours are also scheduled like 9 to 10 months in advance, so it's also weird that this tour was planned and whatever she is doing takes precedence over a world tour. Whole situation is something you would not see happening typically. It's probably because of the lawsuit, but even that makes things look weird about why the company would let Chuu choose to prioritize whatever she is doing over a world tour planned months in advance.

I don't think this tour was planned beforehand

unless it was in talks in pre-corona era

you know for example Oh My Girl waited for Binnie even tho she was 'just' playing in some webdrama not even broadcasted in tv

also for example she could be casted just as side character, but that doesn't make things easier at all, I've once watch interview with some actors and they said they were waiting about 5-6 hours on set per day just to jump in and film some scenes with main characters and that was it

• The tour was planned before hand. You have to sign a contract with the booking agency like a year in advance.

But, you can think what you want man.

• The tour was planned before hand. You have to sign a contract with the booking agency like a year in advance.

But, you can think what you want man.

I don't know

I have close knowledge from person which organizes sports events on a huge scale in a much bigger arenas that those in which LOONA will perform

he said that covid changed everything and when restrictions were lifted people working for those arenas/stadiums were literally fighting for him and his crew to work with them, when earlier they indeed needed to book those places 3-4 months before event date

• I don't know

I have close knowledge from person which organizes sports events on a huge scale in a much bigger arenas that those in which LOONA will perform

he said that covid changed everything and when restrictions were lifted people working for those arenas/stadiums were literally fighting for him and his crew to work with them, when earlier they indeed needed to book those places 3-4 months before event date

A sports event is NOT a concert.

Like I said, believe what you want. Booking and organizing a tour is not an easy thing. A lot goes into it, but you have your mind set.

• Touring is a huge income source for every artist out there so it's really interesting how she's sitting out an entire world tour for personal schedules.

• in..Like they are benching her to prevent her from profiting...

You think it could be the company's decision instead of hers?

e59e7135c19a6341cc1e93725017b2ba7130662a.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv 87421ed4a49499627715cb8666cc133529df9593.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv b2fee2c558a21bd6472498e040b6dad3a40db33e.gifv

• You think it could be the company's decision instead of hers?

I think so. If she did not want to participate in Loona activities because she was overworked - she would have sat out queendom.. she did not. Why would she then choose to sit out a tour in which she would actually make money - much more than any CF (which we know she does not personally make money from anyway since the company reportedly takes it all). Something dodgy is going on behind the scenes in my opinion and I'm concerned for her.......she won't be the first idol to spend their youth working to receive no income and then end up tied into a contract with a vindictive company who dungeons them ..... might be time to call Kang Daniel's lawyers.

• I think so. If she did not want to participate in Loona activities because she was overworked - she would have sat out queendom.. she did not. Why would she then choose to sit out a tour in which she would actually make money - much more than any CF (which we know she does not personally make money from anyway since the company reportedly takes it all). Something dodgy is going on behind the scenes in my opinion and I'm concerned for her.......she won't be the first idol to spend their youth working to receive no income and then end up tied into a contract with a vindictive company who dungeons them ..... might be time to call Kang Daniel's lawyers.

I was thinking she is uninterested in group activities but touring still brings in money. But what you say about company restricting her is possible. They are not happy about that lawsuit

• that depends

they usually reveal the cast before they start filming, if she isn't filming in july/august, there is no point to miss the tour, is definitely not a drama because any big drama worth to miss a tour it will be revealed by now and a webdrama is filmed fast, there is no need to miss a tour for it.

I guess Loona isn't a priority for her anymore, don't blame her, if the company hasn't paid her yet or if she isn't making as much money as she deserve for her work, is better to work on her things on her own.

• It is said that in a recent podcast she said she would be excited to see her foreign fans, meaning she expected to be in the concert.

So it is the company's 'revenge' to her for speaking up. They would rather keep her home and not be part of the group and not share the concert revenues.

• It is said that in a recent podcast she said she would be excited to see her foreign fans, meaning she expected to be in the concert.

So it is the company's 'revenge' to her for speaking up. They would rather keep her home and not be part of the group and not share the concert revenues.

what I thought

โœงโ€งหšโŠน ๏ฝกหšloona,aespa,billlie,iveโœงโ€งหšโŠน ๏ฝกหš

• My guess is a weekly music show mc job. Minju will reach 2+ years as music core MC next week, it's usually the time where mcs leave so it could be that chuu is the new MC? Tho lee know said once he comes back from skz tour he hopes to see WooJuHo again, we never know

she was special MC in both Music Core, and M Countdown in the past

but yeah taking a role of MC is also an option here

• This thread contains 5 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Donโ€™t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!