Posts by BlackpinkHouse

Please the only thing Nj has more than LSFR is more mv (and TTH :dancer:)

LSRF have a b-side mv for each of their cb since anti fragile, they promote for weeks on music shows, they drop remix etc they’re heavily pushed so let’s not lie.

Wut? Do you realize that NJ has THREE official MV for each comeback? Much more $$ spent on playlisting? Why are you focusing on B sides that go effing viral because of LSRFM's talents vs New Jeans singles that are promoted upon release with real budgets?

lol, LSRFM's virality with their amazing performances for those Bluebeard and Smart songs got folks pressed i guess.

Official documents show that they had similar debut budgets. So the difference is allocation and efficiency, bang for buck etc

Very true, MHJ clearly outclassed Source/BangPD with return on investment and NJ is clearly more popular than LSRFM. But that user has been claiming that NJ was shelved for LSRFM this past year when this couldnt be further from the truth.

That user claimed that NJ was shelved for 10 months because of favoritism for LSRFM (10 month break for NJ between Super Shy and the upcoming comeback).

But does she realize that LSRFM also had almost a 10 month break between Unforgiven and Easy?

Both got an English promo single during the hiatus but only LSRFM's made waves and now that BangPD is exploiting this success, she wants to claim that somehow LSRFM is getting favored treatment? Like wut?

We shall hope so, after all Ssera has been pushed to the maximum, roads all cleared up yet so far their results are good but nothing exeptional. No way Hybe commity is ever gonna prioritize them over NJ anymore :pepe-tea: . No offense.

And Illits Magnetic is doing great streaming wise but the group doesn’t seem to gather much hype, so i don’t know... I don’t think they got much on NJ exept Bang support I guess, which is a considerable asset none the less.

NJ has gotten WAY more push, are you trolling here? They got literally 9 official MVs for their debut, got to film in mfing SPAIN hiring tons of extras, while LSRFM filmed in an abandoned racetrack and a standard studio for Fearless promo. :pepe-notes:

LSRFM was only pushed in Korea and Japan until they hit it big with Perfect Night which turned a nothing game collab into a breakthrough hit. That's when LSRFM was truly pushed in the US for the first time, culminating in Coachella. :pepe-use-head:

Dont you remember that NJ also got a game collab but their song flopped, how is it LSRFM's fault that BangPD hyped up LSRFM more after their song did much better? :pepe-shrug:

MHJ deserves all the credit in the world for achieving more with her resources than Source/BangPD. NJ definitely outcharted LSRFM so far in Korea and globally but dont act like NJ got shelved for LSRFM, that's insanity.

I was about to do a thread on how it's now the 4.75 generation in Kpop but it was hard to pick the group that started this last stage of 4th gen.

Then i thought of BGs and the answer was clear.

Zerobase1 started the 4.75 generation. Then came Riize and later TWS.

And yes, all of them are threatening to end SKZ/TXT/Enhypen. I think this TWS song that went viral could end up to be the 4.75 generation's NEXT LEVEL.

And if July 2023 is the start of 4.75 gen, that makes Kiss of Life the first GG of this final wave. Then came Baemon and of course Illin who is threatening to end NJ on the GG side.

tbh BELIFT isn’t giving Magnetic *enough* push. How is it pulling almost 4 MIL & a hot 100 debut but not on TTH :boredr:

Another thread indicated they're getting a hidden push by being forced into Spotify algorithms so it comes up when you're not playing a specific playlist that you create or choose. Apparently even letting it play for a few seconds on Spotify counts as a stream?

its called marketing & strategy that may work others but wont work with rest. and le ssera has already well known members pre -debut so they wont hv the same marketing strategy. other big labels do " promos"/media play too what u call payola so happened it doesnt work for them as well as it worked for nj and now illit. so i call it jealousy over success that kpoppies didnt predict right. i guess it hurts to be wrong😂

We also have to look at the sublabels. Each gets a budget from Hybe and are allowed to promote the way they want.

LSRFM went the standard Kpop route with emphasis on Japan, taking advantage of traditional fans like former Wizones who were Ssamkkura biased. Standard promo teasers, no significant expenditure in Spotify, etc

MHJ turned everything on its head and used Ador's marketing budget completely differently (filming tons of MVs, completely new MV concepts including male and even foreign love interests and telling a story instead of using tons of special effects and just showing the 5 members the whole time, no teasers, releasing three singles at once, and of course the music itself). They also focused on Spotify and got put on playlists within a few weeks if i remember correctly.

Illin is basically NJ 2.0 with pretty much all of its budget focused on Spotify and Tiktok. Of course, they also benefited from a whole ass survival show so they didnt need that much standard Kpop promo.

I get lots of updates from Kpop TW. What i've seen repeatedly with respect to individual members:

1. Fans defending Yunah from apparent hate due to her looking older than her members and not fitting in to concept

2. Fans wondering why Moka isnt being pushed as the center and visual, and some slight shade against Wonhee

3. Nobody ever mentioning Rohan or whatever her name is

4. M**j* not ever standing out yet her akgaes going nutz

It is clear that Hybe has a deal with Spotify. I watched Ive do a sold out tour of the US and sell out concerts everywhere else around the world and yet somehow they can barely crack 1,000,000 daily streams on Spotify while Illin does 3,700,000...like cmon, folks... :pepe-use-head: . Dont forget how low Idle streams are and they have toured around the world and dominate Korea. Same with Aespa.

Ador and Belift have clearly prioritized their marketing budgets for Spotify while Source seems to have been more Japan focused and maybe following standard Kpop promotions, at least until LSRFM hit big with Perfect Night which seems to have emboldened Source aka BangPD to spend some real $$$ in the US via Coachella and other US activities.

Sorry kid, she aint got nothing on 2016-2017 Yooa :pepe-peek: .

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

As far as Spotify goes, isn't the right answer the group that got put on the biggest playlists? I dont use Spotify, i barely know how it works, i dont understand their charts (folks keep talking about a Spotify Global 50 but then i see global rankings for songs at like 112th, 145th, 77th, etc).

But what i distinctly remember is that while labels paying to get put on official playlists can help, there are certain specific super playlists that are the true kingmakers, i think it was something called Todays Top Hits that is supposed to be the biggest payola kingmaker of them all. Maybe a couple others as well? So the answer could be as simple as when NJ got put on the biggest playlists versus when Illin got put on them.

Alternatively, i saw some folks putting out stats relating to playlists (not sure if it was the amount of streams of a song attributed to playlists or if it was the total subscriber count of all playlists that a song has been payola-ed into). Maybe you could compare these kinds of numbers between NJ and Illin and figure out who had the most help this way.