Le Sserafim's Kfans are apparently ignoring Garam and it's uncomfortable to watch.

• i just found this on reddit

Le Sserafim's Kfans are apparently ignoring Garam and it's uncomfortable to watch.
    context: this post is concerning the newly debuted le sserafim, specifically it's member, kim garam, who has been accused of being a bully and...
    www.reddit.com

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

when i thought the issue is already resolved...

• Uh it's not resolved at all. The minor(s) who have recieved the HYBE legal fees are saying they'll take it to court + other people have been submitting appeals to actually testify against Garam. Even something like the Lia/Hyunjin stuff recently didn't go this far and knetz are bashing both of them so they aren't going to spare Garam at all. This is similar to that girl in My Teenage Girl who had her rank drop bad.

Twitter threads don't solve anything at the end of the day. Sure cases like AOA's turned out more complex, but there's a ton of naysayers that believe April didn't bully Hyunjoo where it has been proven multiple and multiple times.

Again, SOPA has a ton of idol students so this is consistently hitting the news. I cannot believe how unbelievably awkward this will get if they have more fan meets in person. My policy is to stay neutral but I can do that as a non-fan. For the fans...yeah it's an impossible situation especially since she's one of the centers.

• Also speaking of which, in general akgaeism has increased among Kfans. It's not the old group fan days.

Even my own bias in Aespa gets sometimes cold K-Mys and she knows that, which is why she performs the weirdest aegyo possible in fancalls, and Yiren got it even worse in Everglow, since being from a Chinese company was what was directly hindering the group, Everglow's K-fans were not happy about the only Chinese member.

This is a much worse case though. I don't think anything could be done for Garam: it seems like she's guilty if they pull her out, if they showcase her even more backlash will continue and get worse, if they delay debut there's 2 other HYBE ggs debuting this year. The group will handle/learn how to handle it though with PR coaches.

What I'm shocked about is the stark popularity difference between unnie line and maknae line: Obviously Yunjin is the most popular in-fandom, Sakura/Chaewon/even now Kazuka's huge fanbases are showing as well but even Eunchae has less cheers and people know she has a good personality. I think age-gap groups don't work as well as they used to anymore. The company was probably going to push the two maknaes together, but now it would bring Eunchae a lot of hate as well. K-fans are trying to make an effort for Eunchae, but the debut is going to severely effect the popularity of these two.

• Uh it's not resolved at all. The minor(s) who have recieved the HYBE legal fees are saying they'll take it to court + other people have been submitting appeals to actually testify against Garam. Even something like the Lia/Hyunjin stuff recently didn't go this far and knetz are bashing both of them so they aren't going to spare Garam at all. This is similar to that girl in My Teenage Girl who had her rank drop bad.

Twitter threads don't solve anything at the end of the day. Sure cases like AOA's turned out more complex, but there's a ton of naysayers that believe April didn't bully Hyunjoo where it has been proven multiple and multiple times.

Again, SOPA has a ton of idol students so this is consistently hitting the news. I cannot believe how unbelievably awkward this will get if they have more fan meets in person. My policy is to stay neutral but I can do that as a non-fan. For the fans...yeah it's an impossible situation especially since she's one of the centers.

Wut? I havent read a single fact attached to this case yet. Not a single victim's name, not a single witness, not a single location, not a single date or time, not a single report of any kind, not a single piece of audio or visual evidence.

And yet the accusers are willing to actually come out and testify against Garam? I mean if they're willing to go that far, why havent they come forward like how Irene's stylist came forward? They couldve gotten her kicked out of Hybe without ever needing to go through an actual investigation.

• Wut? I havent read a single fact attached to this case yet. Not a single victim's name, not a single witness, not a single location, not a single date or time, not a single report of any kind, not a single piece of audio or visual evidence.

And yet the accusers are willing to actually come out and testify against Garam? I mean if they're willing to go that far, why havent they come forward like how Irene's stylist came forward? They couldve gotten her kicked out of Hybe without ever needing to go through an actual investigation.

It's a bit complicated.

The victim actually commented on Garam's debut video: obviously the victim is under legal gag: HYBE has sent her a notice that she is committing libel. That means she has to prove she is telling the truth --> she cannot be saying her story to the press right now because rookie level 101 that will compromise the case.

All evidence, censored names (minors) will be going to the police straightforward since HYBE took action. Dates, everything.

----------------------------------

Irene's stylist was not sued by SM, because a) the stylist was an known woman in the industry with audio recordings and Irene was in the industry enough that a lot of people would have supported the stylist and b) SM realized that RV's backlash would increase had they dragged out the case with Irene since plenty of people (Belle Shao who is very powerful and can blacklist RV easily) didn't like her either. Garam is not the most popular in Lesserafirm. Irene, who was also the face of RV, had more to lose for the group.

This is a high school accusation. This makes it harder: I am assuming most of the parties are minors (like Garam herself) and so there's going to be less influence backing them up. There's no Belle Shiao here.

Also SOPA is known for being a very lax school education wise. Teachers don't really take bullying reports, SOPA had a huge abuse scandal for that reason years ago. There is no huge figure of authority.

The only way (to international fans) the victim can build credibility is if she/he reveals their face. But then their lives would be easily ruined by C-fans.

SOPA students who support the victim are posting that they will also be supporting + giving a testimony under closed doors if called to do so. That's what has had Kfans riled up, as at the exact moment, you have Chaewon's clarification statement.

Again, I'm neutral but it's going to drag out for a while: it isn't a good look for Garam and even HYBE in K-netz's eyes to go "shamelessly" promote especially when less people are defending her. Not to mention HYBE's clarification statements are coming from.....twitter. Not an official source. That's also not a good look.

But HYBE can't do much here: Lesserafirm have debuted and they need to promote. OFC HYBE will try and alleviate the situation with Garam through the media, as any company. Ofc if she's innocent they'll defend her. But the thing is even if she's not they'll defend her.

• Garam is 16, right? So much hate for a teenager, I wonder if knets are all right? And when did Garam bullied the alleged victims? At 15, 14?

I believe her + victims are same age/similar grade. I haven't seen anything to the contrary. Considering she has a December birthday, I am assuming 14-15 is right.

I'm still staying neutral

Same.

• another self-righteous mob deluded by fake or unvalidated "news"

let's wait and see what the facts turn out to be

situations are routinely interpreted very differently by different people (like jokes or assumptions)

:pepe-torch:

(also, it's the job of feeder schools like sopa and hanlim to vet students for scouting firms)

• I mean you can't make them cheer for her and at least they didn't boo her. I feel like the other young member doesn't have a lot of support either. Almost all the (positive) buzz around the group is centered on the already famous members and Kazuha.

I feel like IVE was similar at their debut though. Almost all of the attention was on Wonyoung and Yujin and then Leeseo was the breakout member. Even NMIXX had most of their buzz centered around Lily or Sullyoon. I think as they get more popular and the other members come into their own there will be more support even if the scandal isn't resolved.

• good points

but cfans aren't important enough to kpop to ruin careers

(except maybe chinese members of kpop groups)

• Correct, but the feeder schools aren't competent and easily manipulated.

I heavily believe April (especially Naeun)'s scandal really hit SOPA hard as even as a rookie Naeun and Jinsoul had similar pre-debut bullying accusations.

I just can't believe HYBE threw Garam to the fire like that. This girl is a minor and has like 0 media experience or press experience. They handled Mingyu's thing so well but they seem to be just throwing her in it.

• Even though I don't agree with the people blindly defending her, I have chosen to just ignore her for now as well instead of hating on her, especially since she is a minor. I will be withholding judgment until things are settled with the court because I know HYBE's statement was never a proven confirmation of her being innocent.

• I imagine Hybe is just going to ride this one out. Eventually the vitriol will die down. It'll just take a while. I'm staying neutral but it's really looking more like typical teenage shenanigans with some embellishing of facts. One thing that I find unusual is that most of the accusations that are brought up would be shrugged off by teens where I live. I'm not talking about the really horrific abuses. I mean the usual stuff that we get with these scandals. Teens here wouldn't even register these things as something important enough to go on a crusade about and yet, teens in Korea seem to have much stronger emotional reactions and psychological injury to the same experiences. I'm not judging anybody, just sharing an observation that is unusual and interesting to me.

Edited once, last by AyanEva ().

• I believe her + victims are same age/similar grade. I haven't seen anything to the contrary. Considering she has a December birthday, I am assuming 14-15 is right.

Same.

I see. So she went to that school while being a trainee?

Still such a young age to be hated and vilified like this. This should be handled when she did the bullying, or during her trainee days. So weird.

If every childhood bullies are subjected to hate and can’t be given jobs, it would be an interesting world.

• I see. So she went to that school while being a trainee?

Still such a young age to be hated and vilified like this. This should be handled when she did the bullying, or during her trainee days. So weird.

If every childhood bullies are subjected to hate and can’t be given jobs, it would be an interesting world.

Bullying in Korea is not on the same simple level as bullying in other countries.

• I just can't believe HYBE threw Garam to the fire like that. This girl is a minor and has like 0 media experience or press experience. They handled Mingyu's thing so well but they seem to be just throwing her in it.

Hybe didn't handle Mingyu's situation. Pledis did. Pledis is worse than useless 99.9% of the time, but when you're messing with their money they turn into the best agency ever.

• Teens here wouldn't even register these things as something important enough to go on a crusade about and yet, teens in Korea seem to have much stronger emotional reactions and psychological injury to the same experiences.

i've heard that bullying is a lot bigger issue in s. korea because there have been some high profile deaths due to school bullying

even Korean sportsmen have lost their career because of bullying

#MeToo-style reckoning over school bullying rocks South Korea
    “We still live with trauma after all these years because of what they have done to us," former teammates shared in a post about twin volleyball stars.
    www.nbcnews.com

edit- from the article-

The allegations have also struck a chord beyond the sports world. South Korea has been rocked in recent years by high-profile deaths of students following severe bullying by schoolmates. Suicide has been the No. 1 cause of death among adolescents in the country for eight consecutive years, according to a government report last year. Bullying and violence in school are understood to be one of the biggest reasons for the high suicide rate.

• Wait what do SOPA students have anything to do with it? Everything I read was regarding alleged stuff that happened during Junior High like 3 or 4 years ago. Am I missing something?

• Source/Hybe just needs to come out with another statement soon. They could at least say that they’re working on a lawsuit and that they’ll have the results soon. Because this silence makes it seem like they’re trying to ignore it and hope it goes away.

Fans also need to not act as detectives because there’s a thread on twitter going around trying to prove that Garam was the one being bullied. One of the girls in one of the pictures came forward to say that she has nothing to do with Garam and she doesn’t know why her name is being mentioned and attacked.

• I think a big disconnect between I-fans and Koreans is what they think Bullying in South Korea is.

I think a lot of I-fans view bullying as very differently due to a lack of any of the major cases having any permeation internationally (other than idols being accused)

Whereas in Korea in the last five years there has been

The Busan Beating

The Padded Jacket Murder

The Double Jump Suicide

N-Room

Ring Ring trend

to name a few

• That part I'm aware of but a lot of the run of the mill allegations don't seem to meet that level of severity described in various articles and yet the victim appears to be impacted in a very severe way that seems kind of disproportionate to the bullying event. Obviously every person has a different threshold for what is or isn't traumatic but I feel like I'm missing some cultural or societal piece that somehow intensifies the impact of bullying even when it's comparatively "minor."

• i won't be neutral on this. i will defend her. anyone can feel free to call me wrong months from now, but i can't get on board with what i'm seeing here and i can't justify it either. reminds me of the essay i wrote for my court functions class today, i had discuss the sentencing theories and one of them was retribution. an eye for an eye. that's what this looks like and i'm not loving it. especially bc she's so young. i was bullied when i was younger, and it might seem ironic that i'm defending a "bully" here, but there's something so cruel about knowing so many people hate you when all you want is to desperately be liked. it is the worst feeling.

• I really don't care about her scandal but she doesn't really catch my eyes among the group :cursing: :cursing:

Probably because the other 4 (Yunjin, Sakura, Chaewon, and Kazuha) are just TOO good with their stage presence. But to be fair, she has a really nice voice and she's only a 16 year-old rookie. AND let's not forget that she's also a young teenager who has to deal with all of the mental and emotional stress from all of the harassment and online bullying. Having to deal with all of this at such a young age......I'm actually impressed she manages to keep up and perform decently instead of breaking down.

• i won't be neutral on this. i will defend her. anyone can feel free to call me wrong months from now, but i can't get on board with what i'm seeing here and i can't justify it either. reminds me of the essay i wrote for my court functions class today, i had discuss the sentencing theories and one of them was retribution. an eye for an eye. that's what this looks like and i'm not loving it. especially bc she's so young. i was bullied when i was younger, and it might seem ironic that i'm defending a "bully" here, but there's something so cruel about knowing so many people hate you when all you want is to desperately be liked. it is the worst feeling.

It's hard to stay neutral on this when you're sitting here literally watching a young child get online bullied and sexually harassed based on flimsy and unverified evidence. It shouldn't be understated how much emotional and mental damage this girl must be going through. Like these a**hole netizens should be put on trial themselves since they're 100% guilty of bullying.

• It's hard to stay neutral on this when you're sitting here literally watching a young child get online bullied and sexually harassed based on flimsy and unverified evidence. It shouldn't be understated how much emotional and mental damage this girl must be going through. Like these a**hole netizens should be put on trial themselves since they're 100% guilty of bullying.

i'm not gonna share too much here since this thread will get a lot of views, but what's happening to her hits close to home. a really shitty big event happened in my life that got really big at my school and the harassment got so bad that i had to leave the school. my new high school was great until the news spread there too, and people looked at me differently and treated me differently again. i think if the same situation happened to me these days, people would be more accepting, but that's neither here nor there. it's just so shitty to see her going through this, i literally cannot condone this, i cannot stand to see someone go through this pain but on a ginormous scale. it's unfathomable.

• This thread contains 54 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!