Do you dislike any member of a group you stan?

• Or at least feel indifferent about them?

I’ve been wondering about whether people feel the same as me because I felt indifferent about half of IZ*ONE because it’s really hard for me to like all kinds of personalities.

IVE is probably a First in this case since I like all of the members (though I relate to some of them a lot less than others)

• i'm not a huge fan of wooseok as a soloist, loved him with up10tion but as a soloist i don't vibe with him.

praying that when jinhoo gets out of enlistment next month (crosses fingers) that top media brings wooseok and jinhyuk back for all 10 again.

• There's one currently on the shitlist, but I'm gonna say no because I honestly don't know if he's still in the group or not and since they've been basically ignoring him for almost a year I will too.

• wendy? im pretty eh bout her. im ot4 rv but i think wendys a good vocalist and pretty. i just cant get into her as much. i kinda wish i could? i dont purposely edit her out of anything but i dont like her that much either.

other than her, theres not anyone i truely dislike. although im ot9 kep1er im still not into dayeon or yeseo as much as the other members, but i still like the girls. its the same thing with sana and dahyun although i still like them a lot too. its just with them, i love the members on different levels, but its not like im meh or disliking any members.

• Or at least feel indifferent about them?

I’ve been wondering about whether people feel the same as me because I felt indifferent about half of IZ*ONE because it’s really hard for me to like all kinds of personalities.

IVE is probably a First in this case since I like all of the members (though I relate to some of them a lot less than others)

Yes. I was a huge After School stan but some of the girls's behavior disgusted me.

I realized that Kahi was a terrible person and treated E-Young, Uee, Gaeun/Kaeun, Raina, Lizzy like GARBAGE..and Nana eventually let it happen by shading Uee.

It's so mean to say, but I'm glad After School is only known for Orange Caramel these days. Lizzy was mean, but she tried in a way Kahi did not.

It's a shame since she was so talented...but what a terrible person. She made the maknaes wipe the floor with water + mops on their hands + knees for no reason as an INTRO?

So..maybe a Kahi anti?

It's a shame as E-Young (and Kahi) are one of the most talented artists ever in kpop. And to think Gaeun...the very member who Kahi insulted publicly later had to praise it up to the cameras about her being her fellow member and all...man I'd be pissed.

• What did Kahi do precisely that was so terrible if I might ask. I’m honestly surprised about it since those is the first time I’ve ever seen this being mentioned

• What did Kahi do precisely that was so terrible if I might ask. I’m honestly surprised about it since those is the first time I’ve ever seen this being mentioned

So...After School debuted with 5 members: Kahi, Soyoung, Bekah, Jooyeon, Jungah. They were a rotational group but the real point of After School was to jumpstart Kahi's career. ie if JYP joined GOT7 and was the leader + main rapper or smthing.

If we use the JYP comparison, much like all the GOT7 members obeyed JYP, all the After School members obeyed Kahi: she handled and ran everything about their performances. When a member struggled, she yelled at them, she was in every article, the media always praised her, she chose the set/title song/backdrop everything. Kahi's only problem was that it was very obvious she occasionally was very jealous of the visual: Jooyeon. Fine for now, but then the maknaes joined.

Kahi did not like the 5-member lineUp of After School growing. First Soyoung left, then Uee joined and immediately blew up the group. Then Lizzy, Raina and Nana joined. Jungah officially took over as leader but she was always a "paper leader" -- Kahi pretended (even after she left the group) she called all the shots. Kahi would make them stand in a straight line so she can scold them and make the maknaes set the table, do all the chores, yelled at them first.

Again, this was meant to blow Kahi up (Like Nicole and the PussyCat Dolls) so I kinda get why Kahi felt misled by her company + newer members blowing up but it was wrong.

Then Kahi as a senior started to shade her members publicly. There were cliques formed that were very obvious -- Raina in particular had the brunt of Kahi's hate even though she was After School's strongest and only good vocal. When Kahi left, Raina did not say a single good thing about her. Kahi openly said she didn't like the newer members on variety -- only Jungah's smart talking saved the day.

Bekah then graduated -- she was done with the entertainment industry, and it was no secret Pledis treated them like crap. Bekah was closest to Kahi and vice versa so it was a big blow to AS's dynamic.

OFC both E-Young and Gaeun were only there for After School's waning days - they were done dirty. Raina was never popular outside fandom, but inside she was a darling and had her voice for gigs. Jooyeon had modelling/acting stuff due to her visuals (Side note she looks like STAYC's Yoon and was one of the most popular ulzaangs), Jungah was on many shows, Bekah got married, Soyoung went onto doing erotic films, Lizzy went to jail (mental decline), Uee & Nana are still acting and popular.

Kahi went on variety, got married...and people forgot how tragic After School was.

IMO Kahi had her struggles. She was given too much to do in After School, she was doing the work of management while performing her best and being the most well known member in the fandom. After School functioned under a notably different production cycle than later Pledis groups. Many of the mistakes they made were fixed well with Seventeen.

After School's music is thanks to Kahi. She chose the direction, was the idea behind the pole-dance, she contacted producers (!!) to ask them for help. She ran all the dances, she did..everything really.

But she shouldn't have. Props to Jungah for making sure the group did not have an even messier split, and she's the only one all the members like. And props to Raina for leaving an abusive situation and having nothing to do w/any of the members besides OC + Kaeun.

The important thing: Kahi isn't a psychopath -- she was taking out her own abuse on her members though, Kahi very notably dated 2 sexual abusers/serial cheaters/and drug addicts back to back, and it took a toll on her. IDK what she saw in Yoochun but whatever.

-----------------

Fun Fact: for member relationships today: (It wasn't JUST Kahi who was messy, I just blamed her as the adult + leader)

Thread by @HlRUYUME, after school and their questionable friendship: a thread (inspired by @taeminimoni's graphicーalso [...]
    Thread by @HlRUYUME, after school and their questionable friendship: a thread (inspired by @taeminimoni's graphicーalso [...]
    twtext.com

• Kaeun and Kahi were not members at the same time. Kaeun joined after Kahi left.

But was a trainee during the time.

alexS you're right! I just felt Kahi shading her was really not helpful to Kaeun's career at all, and for no reason too. Like why would you say adding a member "was like cold water" to the group.

Not to mention her public snub from any After School event Kahi hosted.

At debut Kahi was desparate. She was extremely poor, older, a dancer with many injuries so less dance battles for her, and this was her chance. But years after she graduated? When she had money? It was cruel.

She openly encouraged beating her minor teammates too, when she was much older than them.

• I think you are taking it way too far.

Encouraging beating members?

Come on.

Proof at least before you say stuff like that.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!