Kpop Regrets?

• That I wasn't able to attend Jjong concert in 2017. I really tried hard but SM global packages sold out and unlike jshawols, kshawols never help foreigners to buy tix.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Not Stanning Up10tion earlier or being into kpop much sooner, i knew of it back when B.A.P was popular and even liked some of their music that i saved for years not realizing it. But i was like i don't understand this why am i trying to listen to this. Now i enjoy the music, the language, and performances and wish I was into it much sooner.

• Not really a regret.

But I wish I would have appreciated the first couple years of being on the forum more.

It was a time when the forum was in full swing and they're were so many people with threads going crazy left and right. We had all kinds of views and threads of all types. We had enough traffic it wasn't just the controversial threads that got traffic.

But about any topic you put out, they're be discussion and interest.

I didn't really recognize how great it was until it was gone.

I still love this forum. But with the reduced traffic it's definitely a different experience. Full depth discussion is harder to come by. People shut away in the guilds.

The perspective is also different.

I'm old. I'm from a different time. I was there on the upswing of the Internet. When the predominant philosophy was more open. Less about walling off spaces to be only for certain views and certain allowed perspectives. I realize why people have switched on that. It's just a different approach then how I grew up. Hard to get used to. And in my view has downsides. With cutting out the rotten, you often cut out a lot of good or benign. Suddenly spaces for discussion become very narrow. Because you moderate into ubiquity. It's a double edged sword.

I just think back and miss those days of the forum.

It really was a cool time to be into kpop forums and I miss that experience.

• This made me super emotional reading it and I wasn't even there back then! I wish there were more people here. I know people say it gets better in the summers when people are out of school, but still.

• I don't know how long you've been on the forums but I've been here for a few years and miss the early times too. There were a lot more users when i joined, move variety of fandoms, more topics, and so much more activity. I feel like people being back to real life from quarantine is part of it, but yeah the guilds and the general narrowing of kpop focus plays a part. If you're not into one of the few big groups and you don't have a guild, there isn't as much for you here as there used to be

• This also isn't really a kpop regret but I wish I cherished people more before they left. I remember being friends with users on here a year ago who either left the forum or we just grew apart. It may not be that deep but the older I get, the more I realise how little things can make you smile for a while. I had a lot of fun experiences with those users and I never got the chance to properly appreciate them. There were kind ones who helped me feel better when I was feeling down. I never got to return the favor and it really hurts.

I remember listening to a random radio show because I was bored. Then one of the guys said something I would never forget. He said that sometimes, the nicest people you will ever meet in your life are online and even though they don't know you really personally, they still care for you. Of course not everybody. What he said stuck with me because from my experience, the best friends I ever had were online, just... pixels.

• I don't know how long you've been on the forums but I've been here for a few years and miss the early times too. There were a lot more users when i joined, move variety of fandoms, more topics, and so much more activity. I feel like people being back to real life from quarantine is part of it, but yeah the guilds and the general narrowing of kpop focus plays a part. If you're not into one of the few big groups and you don't have a guild, there isn't as much for you here as there used to be

I officially joined in 2016. But was a silent guest on here and OH before that.

It was definitely more of a wild west sort of feeling. A more anything goes kind of atmosphere. Which has it's downsides. But upsides too.

I get the often expressed motivation for compartmentalizing the forum. A guild for that. A separate sub forum for this. And so on. Everyone wants their own space

But in my opinion that only really works if you gave overwhelming traffic.

When you don't have the traffic to support that level of specialization. It leads to a bunch of different ghost towns. No one section has enough traffic to make it fluid or engaging.

And can reduce casual "everyone's invited" discussions.

If it were me. I'd have one kpop section and that's it. I'd get rid of guilds. Get rid of sub forums.

Have a kpop section. A kdrama section. Maybe a Jpop and cpop section. A lounge. And perhaps a politics/news section. And that's it.

Lol. Maybe too simplified for some or too extreme. But we'd all be thrown in together.

Haha.

• I do have a regret.

I never went to a TWICE concert. Or got to see Tzuyu live.

I don't really have anyone to go with. And I'm kind of too old to go by myself. I'm a 33 year old guy so.. I don't know. I'd feel out of place if it were just me.

I think you should go even if by yourself, if an opportunity appears.

You shouldn't avoid it just because of what others will think.

Pull up in a ghost Peek a peek a boo hoo Vroom vroom

XWQN6MB.png

• I do have a regret.

I don't really have anyone to go with. And I'm kind of too old to go by myself. I'm a 33 year old guy so.. I don't know. I'd feel out of place if it were just me.

nah you are not too old to go by yourself at all????

kpop fans could be scary online but in real life they will adopt you, specially if you are fan of the same group as them

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I don't know if i would have as few sections as you would, but i would cut them down for sure. Like, i don't see why we have a food section here instead of just leaving it in the lounge. For kpop, i pbly would only separate achievements or would make each group keep achievements talk to a single thread each. Sometimes it crowds everything else out in kpop. I wish we could pull the guild talk back to the main forum

• I do have a regret.

I think you should go anyway. I've gone to a concert by myself and once the concert starts, it doesn't matter. I had a great time.

• Missing 2 BTS concerts, the next time they come here (if they do) will probably be their last time before [redacted] and it will be more expensive and more difficult to get tickets than ever. Honestly I'm not even that hopeful I will be able to go but at least I know this is the only thing I could ever spend money and not regret when it comes to Kpop.

• Not stanning Loona :*

J/K

Ok, in all seriousness, it's related. My biggest regret: discovering the enormous toxicity of the world of fandoms and hoping that it hasn't rubbed off on me as a person. I don't want to make it sounds like it's all kpop, but since I never really stanned anyone before BTS, my intro was kpop. I knew toxic people certainly, but was living the ignorant life of bliss to this particular brand of toxicity before this.

• This goes straight to the heart. I remember I used to spend here most of my free time talking and meeting other kpop fans since it was almost impossible in my real life when I joined (kpop was popular but it hadn't blow up as it did later). It was a good chance to engage in interesting discussions about kpop and to meet users who would later become close to you. These days I come here and feel like a stranger since I feel like I can't post anywhere.

• I do have a regret.

If you ever have the chance, go, if you ever get the notification on time, open it, it's never too late.

I know what you mean, but if we hold back because we might feel out of place then we will regret never going the rest of our lives.

• This thread contains 20 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!