If Your Faves Released O.O, What Would You Do?

• Screenshot 2022-02-26 223743.jpg

Hello! I can already imagine the clarifications I'll need to make here, so I'll get into this first:

1) This is not meant to bash or shade any group or song. I repeat, this is not meant to bash or shade any group or song. End of story. This is just meant to be lighthearted fun. As such, take your statistics and serious conversations out of here please. We don't need the #9218457 statistics related fight on here.

2) Say your opinions respectfully. If you disagree with someone, either disagree with them respectfully or move on, no fighting allowed.

That should be all I need to say about that. Many of you are adults, so act like it. Anyway, now for the fun part:

Personally, I wouldn't complain that much. It would be controversial like Side Effects as far as their title tracks, but I wouldn't care. I feel like I didn't hate it as much as most people. I didn't love it, but it was better than many people were saying it was on here and I'd survive. I would defend it and its honor from the haters. Besides, I get a chance to see them wearing those cool, puffy dresses? Sign me up! Felix has literally worn an Elsa dress before; I think they'll survive.

If BLACKPINK released it, same as above, I would defend the song and them from the inevitable slander. It would also gain them more attention due to such a big controversy, so I wouldn't be complaining at the aspect of them getting more fans. It would be one of their more experimental songs though (in my opinion), so I do wonder how Blinks would react.

If DreamNote released it, their career would be over. They are already so underrated that they can't really afford to lose any fans. With how controversial the song is, it would inevitably happen. Not mention that they just don't release songs like that (and probably never will). I'd still defend the song though, as always, but it would do no good.

That's how I think I'd react if those groups released that song and how I think it would impact them (for some groups). What do you think your reaction would be with your faves? Have a great day/night!

• I'd like it, because I like O.O

It'd be a different direction for Twice, but I know they can nail anything they want to try anyway!

Awesome! It's glad to see someone on here who doesn't hate ever fiber of the songs being for a change. That it would be. I can't think of any Twice song that's remotely similar to it, but I agree with you, they would absolutely nail it and pull it off. Question though: on here, would O.O by Twice be more or less controversial than I'm Gonna Be A Star (among Onces)?

• Very interesting topic indeed. I myself am not a huge fan of the song but I definitely don't hate it; and I don't think it deserves all the backlash it has been getting. It's not even "that" bad. I honestly think it's going to come around for a lot of people, but who knows haha.

And as for one of my favs coming out with this....hmmm....let's say Red Velvet.....like it has both red and kind of velvet themes which would be pretty interesting if they did that song haha. I can just picture Yeri doing the swing choreography part and her looking super hammy and cute haha. I honestly don't think the song would get as much hate if it came from a popular well established girl group. lol.

• I think the song structure would be different:

• Def. wouldn't have "switched left" like that in middle of the song
    • Raps would have snapped
    • Chorus would have been effectively catchy/on point
  • Awesome! It's glad to see someone on here who doesn't hate ever fiber of the songs being for a change. That it would be. I can't think of any Twice song that's remotely similar to it, but I agree with you, they would absolutely nail it and pull it off. Question though: on here, would O.O by Twice be more or less controversial than I'm Gonna Be A Star (among Onces)?

Yeah, I like O.O I do agree that the Spotify version is superior. The quiet section between the first and second part is too much in the MV. But the two sections flow a lot better when that's removed.

I can't speak for other Once, but I'm Gonna Be A Star is a great song. So I wouldn't mind that at all.

The only Twice song that I can think of that has an insane beat switch like that is Deja Vu. And it's definitely not as intense.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• Very interesting topic indeed. I myself am not a huge fan of the song but I definitely don't hate it; and I don't think it deserves all the backlash it has been getting. It's not even "that" bad. I honestly think it's going to come around for a lot of people, but who knows haha.

And as for one of my favs coming out with this....hmmm....let's say Red Velvet.....like it has both red and kind of velvet themes which would be pretty interesting if they did that song haha. I can just picture Yeri doing the swing choreography part and her looking super hammy and cute haha. I honestly don't think the song would get as much hate if it came from a popular well established girl group. lol.

Thank you! That's more or less how I feel about the song. It doesn't deserve all this hate! I mean. Sticker came around for a lot of people, so maybe this whole thing will be a Sticker situation. That would be interesting. I never thought about this song having both a Red and Velvet side, but now that you mention it, I can see it and it really does. Yeri would look awesome doing the song. That's an interesting take actually. I'm not sure if it would get more or less hate coming from a more well-known group. Maybe if a more popular group covers it in the future, we'll have the answer to that. Have a great day/night!

• I think the song structure would be different:

• Def. wouldn't have "switched left" like that in middle of the song
    • Raps would have snapped
    • Chorus would have been effectively catchy/on point

I probably should know this by now, but I'm dumb. Who are your faves? That sounded so insensitive after I asked that, but I genuinely don't know and I am curious, if you don't mind telling me. Have a great day/night!

• I actually have never heard the Spotify version yet. Will add that to my to do list for later. I see, that's interesting. I didn't find the break part too much, but I blame the visuals in the music video for distracting me from it. I think it's a great song too, I just know it's a joke for Onces on here to either love or hate it and it's well known by now that Nayeon hates the song as well as why (because she just sings the titular line over and over, no other lines). I'll check out Deja Vu, just a second, let me get back to you on what I think of that song. Have a great day/night!

• I probably should know this by now, but I'm dumb. Who are your faves? That sounded so insensitive after I asked that, but I genuinely don't know and I am curious, if you don't mind telling me. Have a great day/night!

I don't really have any favs per say..but YGE would meet all the listed criteria. CUBE? Maybe; 50% chance on 3rd bullet point.

• dont jinx it twice is under the same company as nmixx :pepe-cross:

but i would probably cry, i dislike o.o with a passion so if twice, kep1er, or weeekly (or ANYONE in my stanlist) released something like this....i would be befuddled. i'd probably be defending them on stan twt/tiktok if it was my ults but if anyone else released o.o...whew. if it was something like tank i'd probably be ok with it.

• dont jinx it twice is under the same company as nmixx :pepe-cross:

but i would probably cry, i dislike o.o with a passion so if twice, kep1er, or weeekly (or ANYONE in my stanlist) released something like this....i would be befuddled. i'd probably be defending them on stan twt/tiktok if it was my ults but if anyone else released o.o...whew. if it was something like tank i'd probably be ok with it.

Twice covering O.O when?

I understand how you feel. Sometimes I dislike songs from my faves and feel very conflicted on what to do or how to feel or where they went wrong.

• Weeekly is my ult group so I'd think I'd know them well enough to say confidently they wouldn't release such a song.

Even if they did, they'd somehow make it work and sound better, such is their talent level : Shin Jiyoon would re-arrange the song so that it'd flow better and Weeekly's harmonies are some of the best of the 4th GG. Plus : you'd have Walking Vocal Cheat Code Monday and owner of one of the most soulful vocal color, Lead Singer Soeun, High Note Queen Jihan making sure the song sounded legit.

The Future of K-Pop

weekly-members-profile-mainpage.jpg

• Weeekly is my ult group so I'd think I'd know them well enough to say confidently they wouldn't release such a song.

Even if they did, they'd somehow make it work and sound better, such is their talent level : Shin Jiyoon would re-arrange the song so that it'd flow better and Weeekly's harmonies are some of the best of the 4th GG. Plus : you'd have Walking Vocal Cheat Code Monday and owner of one of the most soulful vocal color, Lead Singer Soeun, High Note Queen Jihan making sure the song sounded legit.

That sounds like it would turn out so much better, if it did ever happen. Thankfully, it doesn't sound like it will. Have a great day/night!

• If Red Velvet did make this song, they would add harmonization to in the song and make it more melodic in the background, at least. They usually makes it very catchy and powerful with the adlibs their repetitive songs. Example Dumb Dumb, RBB and Rookie. Also they make bridge part better and longer. I actually liked some parts of O.O, but they could make more melodic and made smoother transitions.

• If Red Velvet did make this song, they would add harmonization to in the song and make it more melodic in the background, at least. They usually makes it very catchy and powerful with the adlibs their repetitive songs. Example Dumb Dumb, RBB and Rookie. Also they make bridge part better and longer. I actually liked some parts of O.O, but they could make more melodic and made smoother transitions.

That sounds really cool! I always love it when Red Velvet harmonize in their songs. I hope NMIXX's future songs have smoother transitions in them, that would be nice to see. Have a great day/night!

• I'm pretty harsh when it comes to my faves tbh. Teumes here know that I can sometimes criticize the smallest thing about them. And if I don't like a song they released that's it. I would clearly say it like how I'm not too fond of mmm from Treasure, mafia in the morning from Itzy or everyday from Winner for example. And I didn't hate these songs. I just didn't like them as much as I expected to. So I openly critized them.

But when it comes to O.O, I straight up hate the song. So if they happen to release this song, i would probably hard ignore it till their next comeback and pretend that it never existed.

• I'm pretty harsh when it comes to my faves tbh. Teumes here know that I can sometimes criticize the smallest thing about them. And if I don't like a song they released that's it. I would clearly say it like how I'm not too fond of mmm from Treasure, mafia in the morning from Itzy or everyday from Winner for example. And I didn't hate these songs. I just didn't like them as much as I expected to. So I openly critized them.

But when it comes to O.O, I straight up hate the song. So if they happen to release this song, i would probably hard ignore it till their next comeback and pretend that it never existed.

Ah, I see. Tough love. That sounds like a good strategy.

• This thread contains 63 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!