Who else is starting to feel like JYP is not making good girl groups anymore?

• Well, is for the odd changes of rhythm in the song. Acordding to some Mys, Aespa invented that and everybody doing this is copying them :facepalm:

Well nobody are saying that Aespa invented this

but the odd changes of rhythm in Kpop song is SM brand since forever SNSD I got a boy, F(x) songs, red velvet experimental stuff, and Now Aespa. People even consider that the first song of this genre in Kpop was IGAB

SM have been consistent in giving to their groups this type of sound, that's why when a BG is doing this they are compare to NCT

and when a GG is doing it they are compare to f(x), red velvet or aespa

and it's not a MY thing, a lot of people from different fandom are saying is reminding them Aespa , because Aespa sound is build on this odd changes of rhythm.

It's not surprising to see a group doing this type of sound then being compare to a SM group, considering that SM have been building this genre in kpop for 10 years now

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• Boy, is not LSM suing JYP yet? What are you waiting, LSM, you tax evader evil man :cursing: . Look, money, go for it. :peperun:

• The irony, first time JYP produce a talented gg (talking about vocals) and they'll end up debuting with such a song lol hopefully they get better songs in the future.

• But y’all are always in big4 gg ass and calling them boring, overrated, failure...and that they should drop the lore/GC concepts bs but y’all aren’t stanning any GG outside of the Big4 maybe stop giving them clout idk lol :cryingr:

I feel like there are groups out there who aren't doing GC but people aren't acknowledging them because they are smaller. (but I also think a lot of GC (say Loona's comeback was more "camp") isn't actually GC)

Lightsum

Rocket Punch

WJSN Chocome!(lmao)

WooAh!

Cherry Bullet

ichillin!

fromis_9

STAYC

GWSN switches but is usually not gc

Cignature(?)

soloists Youha, Natti, Yena, Yuri

Hi-L

Billlie could be a tossup tbh

ARIAZ (disbanded though)

Some groups have cute Japanese debuts like Loona.

• Ummm, this is incredibly premature, at least let the group debut before deciding you hate them. If you don't want them to have a Twice-esque or Aespa-esque concept, what kind of concept were you hoping for? Hate to break it to you, but most pop concepts have already been done in one way or another, nothing is truly new anymore, the question should be does the current group do it well.

• I was so excited for this debut because all the girls are pretty and can sing but the concept and songs are so terrible. <X<X For the second time JYP is being a follower instead of a "leader of entertainment". This is marks the end of the times when JYP used to be known for creating iconic girl groups and the end of where I call myself a jyp gg fan.

JYP looks like he is trying to repeat the formula of Aespa's music in Nmixx's debut song and it sounds so horrible. I gave him a pass when he let NiziU use Twice's concept because thats the only concepts that does well in Japan but this time its unacceptable. I feel so bad for the girls who don't deserve this kind of embarrassing debut. What a waste of visuals and vocals. I guess I am going to have to stick with Stayc who are the only group who is getting successful on their own route instead of trying to copy Aespa's concept these days.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hmm. Have you thought about this:

1. They haven't even debuted yet? At least wait for that to happen, to see if it's your taaste or not.

2. You don't HAVE to be a JYP stan, and force yourself to like everything JYP releases in groups and songs. It's perfectly alright to just have your ultimate bias group be a JYP group, like TWICE, and have non-JYP groups as other biases.

3. There's a lot of other interesting girl groups around, so even if you don't like JYP's new group and their debut song, there'll be other groups with all kinda other songs for you to explore.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• Did you just say Irony is a not-so-great song? :thumbdown:

OP can you wait for their debut and subsequent releases before making a judgment. From their covers I watched the girls are really talented

I watched their covers thats why I was a really big fan of them. Then I listened to the leaked song and I found it to be really bad, along with the whole concept

• well I guess the good in your question is subjective...

what's good for the goose might not be for the gander!!!

but if the question is about successful groups then we'll see once the song is actually released

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!