My honest opinion about the newer ggs music. No offense but it mostly sounds so similar.

• no. they don't need that concept to be versatile. they have versatile music, that's what makes an artist versatile

Their music showcases and explains their concept. By concept I'm not just talking about Music Videos or outfits but music first.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Listen to Pixy, they have unique music.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I think OP was not well-worded. sonemariam is saying 4th gen girl group music blur to them because they sound similar, while 3rd gen was more diverse in sound. OP thinks the girl crush concept that BP popularized has become a trend that is partly responsible for 4th gen sounding similar.

Well, before BP debuted everyone was complaining that 3rd gen gg were all doing cute concepts...

• Well, before BP debuted everyone was complaining that 3rd gen gg were all doing cute concepts...

and people were on Twice’s back for ages wanting them to switch up their signature sound then but now that it’s thriving for other groups, people suddenly want it back.

I swear this cycle repeats each gen.

tumblr_pwng8bXOn91y5v18go2_400.gifv tumblr_pwng8bXOn91y5v18go3_400.gifv tumblr_pwng8bXOn91y5v18go4_400.gifv tumblr_pwng8bXOn91y5v18go1_400.gifv
    One time, Ryujin punched me in the face and said, " Cállate puta." ... it was awesome

• Well i guess i can understand

i have the same feeling about BG, i like some BG

but i feel every BG are recycling the same basic shit since 2nd gen again and again

when we'll see a BG do a horror concept ?

when a BG will do some crazy shit with AI ?

when will see a BG do music with rock influence ?

all i feel i'm seeing since end of 2nd gen -3rd gen is bg wearing dark clothes and liftings their shirt to appeal

• I'm not saying Aespa is not doing girl crush, am I? But, Aespa doing girl crush doesn't mean that their music is similar to another idol's because it's not. It's very experimental. In any case, I'd only compare it to Nct's music.

2ne1 is no longer active and even still their discography is comparable but not similar to Black Pink's. Also the OP is about newer groups.

G idle and Itzy are different because one is more dance focused while another sings more. Which means, it's different girl crush.

I guess they are only similar to me because it's mostly girl crush not bubble pop like Snsd, R&B and ballads like Red Velvet, dark and strong girl crush like 2ne1 or very experimental like Fx.

• Listen to Pixy, they have unique music.

Thanks <3

• when we'll see a BG do a horror concept ?

when a BG will do some crazy shit with AI ?

when will see a BG do music with rock influence ?

all i feel i'm seeing since end of 2nd gen -3rd gen is bg wearing dark clothes and liftings their shirt to appeal

The horror concepts and A.I are strictly visual elements that have nothing to do with the music, if you're looking for really dark MV concepts, B.A.P has quite a few if I recall correctly. As for the rock influence, many groups have done so in the past, TXT, Ace, Oneus, Onewe, B.A.P, BTS, Led Apple just to name a few.

• Well, before BP debuted everyone was complaining that 3rd gen gg were all doing cute concepts...

Really? I don't think so because of all top tier ggs, only A pink was constantly doing cute concepts. The rest were very different.

Anyway, I never heard about that.

• LOL!

I'd love to see a bg do some cool rock music too.

Nah, they were complaining because the top gg concept was cute which was twice and they dragged it. Girl crush was very much alive but no one was eating it up until Blackpink mega hit ddu ddu and the concept became very popular nor that Blackpink is the top, people are having seizures over the concept .it’s a never ending cycle

• Nah, they were complaining because the top gg concept was cute which was twice and they dragged it. Girl crush was very much alive but no one was eating it up until Blackpink mega hit ddu ddu and the concept became very popular nor that Blackpink is the top, people are having seizures over the concept .it’s a never ending cycle

I love the Girl Crush concept, it's strong and empowering which I find really cool. Anyone who hates it doesn't know what they want.

• It's not true but most people on here don't give smaller groups a chance. Hi-L, GWSN, DreamNote, ICHILLIN', and fromis_9 are all groups that are basically the opposite of what you're describing. Hi-L and ICHILLIN' are the only ones that are 'newer' but everyone still sleeps on them.

Ok, I'm going to give them a chance.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!