2021 has been a sleeper year for rookies?

• There are many good rookie releases in 2021, but none of them have got much attention so far? None of the groups stand out digitally? Most groups have that 10 - 20M views boosted by ads and 200 - 300k likes.

• There are many good rookie releases in 2021, but none of them have got much attention so far? None of the groups stand out digitally? Most groups have that 10 - 20M views boosted by ads and 200 - 300k likes.

Okay, which ones?

• Weeekly and aespa debuted in 2020.

I mean 2021 rookies

• Weeekly and aespa debuted in 2020.

I mean 2021 rookies

yeah I thought you were talking about rookie releases in 2021 from any group not like groups that debuted in 2021.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• Y’all are so used to only following big companies you have forgotten how this work for groups for smaller ones. A lot of rookies are doing fine all things considered.

As for the success stans on this forum looking for instant success, there’s gonna be quiet a few big 4 debuts next year. No worries.

• In terms of the youtube sphere, from the debuting groups of 2021, I think t1419 and EPEX have the highest views at around 31+ mil.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

So to answer you're question, I suppose it has been. Though that's just YouTube. I'm not sure about Gaon and other charts.

b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• In terms of the youtube sphere, from the debuting groups of 2021, I think t1419 and EPEX have the highest views at around 31+ mil.

So to answer you're question, I suppose it has been. Though that's just YouTube. I'm not sure about Gaon and other charts.

Even that video is just slightly more boosted via ads(I think). Purple Kiss Ponzona have more likes than that.

• Even that video is just slightly more boosted via ads(I think). Purple Kiss Ponzona have more likes than that.

Yeah you can take into account ad inflation too. I'm just not sure how inflated it is.

Either way, even if they weren't inflated, 30 mil isn't that much higher from 20 mil. So like... there aren't really any big hits yet from 2021 groups.

• IDK I don't care about their numbers all I know is

Omega X, Just b, Luminous, Mirae, Ciipher, Kingdom, and WAO

have all made amazing music imo and I am extremely happy to watch them grow

sure numbers matter for music shows and award shows, but those numbers don't define their talent and who they are, their music defines them and i enjoy these 2021 groups.

• IDK I don't care about their numbers all I know is

Omega X, Just b, Luminous, Mirae, Ciipher, Kingdom, and WAO

have all made amazing music imo and I am extremely happy to watch them grow

sure numbers matter for music shows and award shows, but those numbers don't define their talent and who they are, their music defines them and i enjoy these 2021 groups.

Well, a big portion of groups gonna disband, if they can not blow up during the first year. In the next year, there are new rookies and it becomes harder every year for older groups.

• Well, a big portion of groups gonna disband, if they can not blow up during the first year. In the next year, there are new rookies and it becomes harder every year for older groups.

some may some may not. i don't see any of these disbanding any time soon, the only one that could possibly is WAO, their company sucks anyway. A group can disband at any time, old or new. But sorry to say Omega X, Just B, Mirae, Luminous, Ciipher and Kingdom aren't going anywhere

Ciipher is owned by Rain he can afford whatever

Luminous is owned by BTS Former vocal coach

Mirae same company as Kard they doing just fine

Just B doing amazing

Omega x doing amazing.

Kingdom has extravagant concepts and they pour it into their costumes, and mv's, their company has a unique thing going on and they won't be disbanding soon not while this story line is fresh.

no they don't have 20-30-40-50mil views but they are doing extremely well. Except Mirae they are almost at 20mil

E'last debuted last year and they are so underrated it took Dark Dream for them to finally get recognition they gained fans, it's their first MV to hit 10mil, they got some of their best sales.

They debuted June 9, 2020. Dark Dream came out September 9th 2021. It took them over a Year to get an MV to 10mil. Anything can happen at any time.

WAO's company is horrible they hardly promote them, i didn't even know they released 2 music videos recently that's how shitty they are.

1.5k views

now they are using a distributor and it still isn't going anywhere

10k views

• Yeah you can take into account ad inflation too. I'm just not sure how inflated it is.

Either way, even if they weren't inflated, 30 mil isn't that much higher from 20 mil. So like... there aren't really any big hits yet from 2021 groups.

Secret Number got 1m+ likes. I would not call it a big hit, but it at least got some attention in 2020.

• Secret Number got 1m+ likes. I would not call it a big hit, but it at least got some attention in 2020.

1 million likes isn't a lot of people, but that is anomaly from other releases... I suppose that makes their views more organic.

• OMG I love them sm. I checked out their predebut ep that I didn't even know existed the other day and it's literally a no skip. The title track was a whole ass vibe, then I found out each of the b-sides were a member's solo and I was like HUH?! They all sound so good?!

bunnyviolet  Kairina check them out when you have time besties I alrdy know you'll like them :pepe-life-support:

EP TT:

External Content youtu.be

EP B-Sides:

Other MV singles:

Bonus:

( :pepe-hehe::pepe-hehe: )

• yes i know about all of it lol

I literally bought their album until i got each pc and postcard

i have posters etc

Suil's solo is my favorite lol

• Sameeee omg Suil and Woobin's are my faves

they don't lip sync at all woobin messed up a couple times

also chainy knows about them i talk about them 24/7

20211102_134444.jpg

20211102_134942.jpg

• they don't lip sync at all woobin messed up a couple times

also chainy knows about them i talk about them 24/7

20211102_134444.jpg

We stan real kings

:Baekhyun6:

• We stan real kings

:Baekhyun6:

probably helps they have bts old vocal coach as their owner

last night steven and suil were on arirang radio with alexa they are hilarious

steven's australian accent is adorable and suil speaks english a bit struggles but he's so cute

20211102_135458.jpg

you reminded me i had their poster so now it's hung up...f.able another awesome group that i hope to see more from, they debuted in 2020 though

External Content open.spotify.com

• Kingdom's been very good imo. Original concept, consistent releases, lore, very good stuff

Mirae's debut was also very excellent, too bad they didn't follow the comeback with electro pop

Also, starship is coming with a new girl group.

Compared to other years, this year has been mediocre for rookies, but there have been standouts like always

• All the rookies I like come from super small companies so get paid dust. Gonna take a while to grow dedicated fanbases. My fave rookies are actually Pixy... If AllArt continue to back them like they are doing then I can see them coming for a healthy slice of Dreamcatcher's fanbase eventually.

7hytR1B.jpg EhjJqBr.jpg

[DREAMCATCHER * PIXY * (G)I-DLE * EVERGLOW * BILLLIE]

• This thread contains 2 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!