Why is Jeongyeon unpopular internationally

• She’s not unpopular, every groups gonna have someone who’s technically the least popular

With that said, she’s amongst the members not as visible as Nayeon & Sana are, so likely due to that

• maybe because she usually gets the worst outfits?

and she was tomboyish before?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Maybe bc she doesn't get that many lines to show off her vocals & not enough screentime in MVs as well

One thing I've noticed is that a lot of the more popular members have been really popular at the beginning or have pretty popular lines...

Sana's "shy shy shy" basically went viral pretty much everywhere.

But Jihyo isn't as popular as the others and she typically is more likely to get the most lines after Nayeon and gets a lot of screentime too so that couldn't be it...

Now Jeongyeon is a different story...she was one of the most popular contestants on Sixteen but maybe it is because of her lack of lines and lack of popular lyrics that she's not as popular.

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• because personally, jeongyeon doesn't seem to stand out very much in twice to me

she has the lesb thing with nayeon but the sana ships are more common

she has the "savage" bit sometimes but tzuyu seems to do that better

chaeyoung does the tomboy part better

jihyo/nayeon do the vocals

all of the members esp momo do the "crazy" bit

jeongyeon would be super popular in a smaller group where her tropes could stand out but in twice is so vibrant that her color doesnt stand out all that much to someone who isnt familiar with them

r o s e s   a n d   p e a c h e s

• I think that Jeongyeon is most known for her girl crush persona. She doesn't really have that anymore, I think that is more Chaeyoung now but I still love all of them

:iloveyoub:

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• I don't know, she's the prettiest and the coolest person for me :pepelove1:

tumblr_pzotbePqen1r3hdhfo5_540.png

tumblr_pzotbePqen1r3hdhfo4_540.png

tumblr_pzotbePqen1r3hdhfo8_r2_540.png

tumblr_pzotbePqen1r3hdhfo7_540.png

tumblr_pzotbePqen1r3hdhfo6_540.png

• I think that Jeongyeon is most known for her girl crush persona. She doesn't really have that anymore, I think that is more Chaeyoung now but I still love all of them

:iloveyoub:

I guess that's why those two are my faves hehe.

Kidding, love them all, but I do have a slight bias :D

000829dea554ab768c9685544c4e354ebc8c7991.gifv

e8b03adc091832ac9c090ee497cc36f2c21524d8.gifv

eff946b39bb2ca44fe4ea86303fff3779c135687.gifv

0e61d6ac2294886876ec733aeff3a4f8ed0ce21a.gifv

• That's normal. And Jeongyeon is so amazing, I don't know why anyone couldn't love her! <3

Jihyo is my strong bias but Jeongyeon is my bias wrecker :P she's been my bias a few times before!

Right, she deserves all the hapiness in the world. They all do.

<3

• Chaeyoung is the least popular in a lot of places.

I'd say that going off badge purchases didn't count. I mean, look at her popularity in the limited badge for Alcohol-Free and you have to pay more for that. Chaeyoung was the most awarded member after Momo.

Jihyo is the most popularly biased on this forum and she is deemed one of the most unpopular members in Twice in general.

• Chaeyoung is the least popular in a lot of places.

I'd say that going off badge purchases didn't count. I mean, look at her popularity in the limited badge for Alcohol-Free and you have to pay more for that. Chaeyoung was the most awarded member after Momo.

Jihyo is the most popularly biased on this forum and she is deemed one of the most unpopular members in Twice in general.

So here are the counts for the Alcohol-Free trophy badges:

Momo: 16

Chaeyoung: 15

Sana: 14

Jihyo: 13

Dahyun: 11

Tzuyu: 11

Nayeon: 10

Mina: 10

Jeongyeon: 9

I believe the problem with basing popularity off of these is that the aesthetics of the individual badges can come into play in a major way. For example, I think Chaeyoung is over-represented here simply because she looks awesome with that pink hair.

trophyImage-763.gif

As for Jihyo, I always thought that the narrative was that she was popular in "the West", but not so much so in Asian countries.

• True...but I think there are better ways to determine the popularity of a member... :/

• she doesn't have a clear identity.

center = nayeon

vocal = jihyo

visual = tzuyu

personality = sana

dancer = momo

jeongyeon could have been a legendary girl crush, but she did not want to go that route.

that is fine, but she didn't find another distinct brand.

likewise, chaeng is a soyeon-tier rapper, but jyp never showed off her amazing skills.

so chaeyoung also became another member without an identity.

("rapping" at dahyun level is an utter waste of potential.)

i really hope she unleashes fire mix tapes and frees her tats in some underground venues.

not that it really matters.

twice is incredibly successful and each member contributed to making it happen.

• Let be honest, her visual is just not type of everyone like? Not ugly but it just not attract people. I’m actually glad her sister didn’t debut as idol cause i know there will definitly have trolls will attacking her visual bu comparing her with her sister.

• It's JYP

During Sixteen she was one of the most popular even among ifans :boredr:

She was popular in Sixteen because she was given a Girl Crush Concept.

She wanted to drop that concept so lost popularity among both the local and international audience.

As TWICE's Music and Concept matures, it is harder for Jeongyeon to stand apart if she continues on the Concept path she is in.

As her Mental health affected her with Alcohol Free and Perfect World, I just hope she can return to the "edge" she had before TWICE started maturing their Concept

• jy was out mostly for a herniated disk.

i think the mental health reasoning was a good way to deflect.

there would have been more problems for jype if they said it was a serious medical problem (caused by their insane schedule and/or work conditions).

that aside, agree completely.

• i think this is the answer. she was girl crush jeongyeon, kind of tom-boyish, had the short hair, a lot of fans even called her oppa (which she didn't like and had to ask fans repeatedly to stop calling her that) so it seems like when she decided to lose that concept, she never really had an identity to separate herself from the others while the other members have strong identities that make them stand out. so it's not that she's not as beautiful or talented as the other members because she definitely is! but she just isn't as popular because she doesn't have a strong character type as an idol.

ɪ

cf2178e469192fe5d3974a86c101545f41e74afb.gifv

• Mental health is the most important of all, she struggled but hopefully whatever held her back is better now. As well as her slipped disc :-(

I agree with your points about girl crush too, it wasn't her idea but fans really ate it up. That's quite a pressing image to live up to, but at this point her fans know and love how she is for real, and will strongly support her when jype gives the slightest opportunity. We're just waiting...

• Yep i chose Chaeyoung's Alcohol Free badge because of how good it looked, not because she's my bias. My heart has already been Mina's to keep for over two years now :blushing:

• from my opinion

she just doesn't fit twice concept

during sixteen she was my favorite, there was just something about her who made her stand out, she had this edgy vibe with the lady gaga performance, she had this kind of fire in her eyes and she just seems to give everything on stage

but after twice debut i don't know i just felt like the fire she had stopped, she didn't stand out as much than she use to do among the girls in their performance in comparison of sixteen performance

and i also notice that during sixteen she was one of the most popular members with nayeon and jihyo

andwhile after sixteen jihyo and nayeon popularity increase, her popularity decrease

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• i think she lost her uniqueness when she ditched the tomboy look and go for long hair. She was so unique (like Amber of Fx) but now she is just like a normal member among Twice.

Like someone said,

Vocal we have Jihyo and Nayeon

Rap we have Dahyun and Chaeyoung

Dance we have Momo and Mina

Centre/visual we have Tzuyu and Sana

She just isnt shining the most in any of the area

• OT9 stans are buying tons of Chaeyoung Alcohol Free badge

:*:*:*

Fe8TZRpaMAIFav2?format=jpg&name=large

ThinkAbouTzu, Tuwuice:pleading::pleading::pleading:

• It's JYP

During Sixteen she was one of the most popular even among ifans :boredr:

JYP was actually the reason JY was popular initially because they gave her the short hair girl crush concept. When JY decided to ditch the girl crush concept, she became less popular.

• This thread contains 10 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!