Do music show wins mean anything in 2021?

• Yes. Music show win shows you have either a dedicated fandom or a huge hit song. In both cases at least some wins are guaranteed. Next Level just isnt big enough hit to win, true huge hits win even without physicals.

• they just didn't win because it was digital single, so as the name suggest it's strongest thing is digitals keke

if SM would be smarter and drop single album then I'm sure that girls would snatch a lot of wins

as far as I remember even Oh My Girl got only 1 win with Dun Dun Dance so... it's hard to win anything, especially when BTS is around.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I don't really understand why Next level not having any wins should call into question the value of music shows wins?

It has already happened in the past that songs that were successful on charts did not get any win because of competition or because the song rose progressively on charts. Me gustas tu by Gfriend is another example and I'm sure there are other songs like that, it's nothing new. The impact of physicals and fandoms has always been there too.

• Music shows have been pretty fishy for years.

Weird criteria like "expert" (how can a show be able the public's fave song of the week of theres a arbitrary person giving their input) and freaking social media inclusion have made them less about the song that's popular in a given week and more about gaming the system for their faves to win.

Music shows might as well a online fan poll these days, it's not much different tbh.

• Yes. Music show win shows you have either a dedicated fandom or a huge hit song. In both cases at least some wins are guaranteed. Next Level just isnt big enough hit to win, true huge hits win even without physicals.

Is more about competition than true big hit lmao, aespa has some big competition, either digital, either physical sales

its literally 2 biggest gg hit of 2021 and if we arent counting rollin its biggest gg song of 2021

• Yes, but the fact that Next Level took over a month to peak hindered it's chance of winning. If Next Level was charting like it was now back when it first released, then it would've probably won some.

"Bunch of wannabes that wanna be me, me three if I was you"

• Y'all always do this and it just proves to me that you don't give a shit about how idols actually feel. Idols still cry over getting their first music show wins, companies still give ultimatum like "no cell phone until you get your first win". But it's irrelevant bc you can't brag about "fastest 4th gen idol group to xyz"? Transparent.

Ngll,, the bitterness i can taste.

It’s always been irrelevant these days. Even daesangs 🤷‍♂️

Imma be real here. These ppl probably also shit on those “charity daesangs”, and yall come here to say these //trophies// are /relevant/ huh?

Calling daesangs irrelevant...? You seem like the bitter one here, babe.

who's your favorite artist?

• The most important music show win in the entire decade happened in 2021

:waterr::waterr::waterr:

So yes it means THE WHOLE WORLD TO BRAVE GIRLS

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Ngll,, the bitterness i can taste.

It’s always been irrelevant these days. Even daesangs 🤷‍♂️

Imma be real here. These ppl probably also shit on those “charity daesangs”, and yall come here to say these //trophies// are /relevant/ huh?

Charity daesang may be apply for some SM artist where they won from some Irrelevant award... But most of major awards has always been fair for last three years in terms of daesang.

• Considering one of the biggest GG hits this year, Next Level couldn't snatch any music show wins(cmiiw) and some boy groups can do it purely do to physicals and fanbase....do you think this means that music show wins are becoming irrelevant in 2021?

No. It just means that Next Level got screwed due to timing.

BTS has the most music show wins for a single song this year and that's without promoting, which means they can won at 4 shows out of 6.

If music shows want to be seen differently, they need to change criteria. Nothing we i-fans can do about it. They're not losing meaning, it's that with overwhelming physicals and a decent Korean fanbase, yeah groups like SVT and NCT Dream can snatch a ton of wins.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• I feel like this is asked every week only for rookie idols to say their company want let them get a phone or do something until they get their first music show win. Then, people act shocked that the bread and butter of kpop culture actually does mean something to these Korean idols.

• Daseangs irrelevant because it is not a particular company's party anymore? Please tell me who were rightful winners. Oh yes AAA are for sure

Winning music show is important to idols.

• Official Post

Did they ever really matter to fans outside of bragging rights? The idols are the only ones who really care. Which is tied into a whole other conversation about companies implementing questionable rules on their talent.

I don't remember what song was #1 on TRL 15 years ago and I highly doubt anyone who remembers which song won what previously without looking it up unless you were already really in the fandom. It doesn't really prove anything in terms of the song.

• Music show awards mean fuck all groups don’t even care if they win Lmaoo you don’t get paid if you win just a trophy. It’s more of a fun competition with idols than anything to be serious over :thumbup:

Edit: music show win is a sentimental value that’s it at best but charting high gets you money lmao which one you think idols actually care about more 8)

• Y'all always do this and it just proves to me that you don't give a shit about how idols actually feel. Idols still cry over getting their first music show wins, companies still give ultimatum like "no cell phone until you get your first win". But it's irrelevant bc you can't brag about "fastest 4th gen idol group to xyz"? Transparent.

Calling daesangs irrelevant...? You seem like the bitter one here, babe.

I probably shouldve worded it better and by no means think that all daesangs are irrelevant lol. You know what i’m talking about bc im assuming it blew up on akp as much as twitter lmao. And by no means do I also imply ALL music shows are irrelevant. It’s just a reply to previous statements lol.

It’s just that if they’re gonna discredit a group because it didnt win any awards, it kinda feels silly doesn’t it? Saying NL isn’t a big hit because there’s no music show awards? That’s such a BS oversimplification, and a micro-level akin to saying “BP/T-ARA has no daesangs, something something to discredit them” lol.

It’s kinda delusional not to see all those bitter shades, no? 😅 I’m giving the benefit of the doubt, anyways.

• Yes. Music wins indicate you if a group or a song is popular or getting popular. Aespa not winning is more a problem of timing.

And physical sales is an achievement as well, why undermine it?

af4cbcaad4a1abe0246bf37caba00bd9e29ecd6c.gifv0411037240460fde49b7fc965e5c2fc8ab693bdb.gifv

• I see some people in here are forget that aespa is 7 months old rookie ^^

To top that, they faces such a huge competition + no physical album + SM overlapping comeback + NL is late bloomer

How can the music shows win become requirements for NL to validate that NL is a huge Hit? :/

It's like saying that Messi needs to win in Major tournament (which thankfully he wins today) to validate that he is the GOAT

• Music show awards mean fuck all groups don’t even care if they win Lmaoo you don’t get paid if you win just a trophy. It’s more of a fun competition with idols than anything to be serious over :thumbup:

For established and popular groups, they may not matter as much but to a rookie group that’s just starting out, a music show win is a sign of their growing popularity and few more wins help alert brands to notice them and possibly offer them CF deals. Sponsorships and endorsements are a huge source of income for these groups compared to album sales.

• For established and popular groups, they may not matter as much but to a rookie group that’s just starting out, a music show win is a sign of their growing popularity and few more wins help alert brands to notice them and possibly offer them CF deals. Sponsorships and endorsements are a huge source of income for these groups compared to album sales.

music show win is a sentimental value that’s it at best but charting high gets you money lmao which one you think idols actually care about more 8)

I rather my group chart best with no wins and get money than have all the wins and chart shit to average with a trophy that I can’t even sell ¬‿¬ :thumbup:

• For established and popular groups, they may not matter as much but to a rookie group that’s just starting out, a music show win is a sign of their growing popularity and few more wins help alert brands to notice them and possibly offer them CF deals. Sponsorships and endorsements are a huge source of income for these groups compared to album sales.

Aespa networth has already shot up something a show win only could not do. You can argue why not both but if I had to choose I take charts over show wins any day of the year.

• They released the same week as BTS and Heize both have strong digitals during its release, BTS also has a lot of youtube views which pulled their scores down and when it peaked big artists made their comeback with physical releases and aespa only have digitals by then + views slowing down + new releases getting more views and fandom votes

• SPRING day, bwl , dynamite , dna are all bigger than butter and butter has huge points lead . And it spend 5 weeks at number one. Any song will come down from top at one point.

When I posted that, I didn't mean to discredit BTS and Butter's success. It meant that Aespa is doing something, no group could ever do. I don't know why you always misunderstand my posts :-(

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• I think the thing here is that Butter would have been 6/7 weeks more at 1 if it’s not with NL. Honestly, not a drag to butter at all? Why does it always have to be?

ONLY very few weeks have spend 5 weeks or more at top of chart. It is second longest BTS song at top. Dynamite is biggest hit of decade with 11 weeks. So that is not standard. Thing is one song peaked from day1 and other took time to peak and waited for top song to go down.

• I think the thing here is that Butter would have been 6/7 weeks more at 1 if it’s not with NL. Honestly, not a drag to butter at all? Why does it always have to be?

Butter had 4 and a half weeks at #1, they would have only got 5 days more :clown:

This is like complaining why "Peaches" didnt win any music shows, those damn near million seller boy groups should have stopped blocking it.

• This thread contains 37 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!