Groups that Would Be Dead On Arrival WITHOUT Certain Members?

• While I generally like, to love, most of these groups, it could be argued that without certain members, the group just wouldn't work or gel right.

To me, BTS would be A TOTALLY different group without the Maknaes.

Twice wouldn't function without Jihyo and Nayeon.

Blackpink would be dead without Jennie and Lisa.

Red Velvet would be sluggish without Seulgi and Wendy.

There would be no Big Bang without G Dragon and TOP.

Although there are a few groups that could still hold their own without certain key members like EXO and Girls Generation, most likely NCT.

Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIF - Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIFs          JenniesBTCH on Twitter:       Yena and capybara - 9GAG

• CAPY WE THINK THE SAME. YOU TOOK ALL MY ANSWERS LMAO

So I'll do ones you didn't mention:

SNSD wouldn't be the same without Taeyeon

2NE1 wouldn't be 2NE1 without CL

SISTAR without Hyorin would be dead and gone

T-ara was Jiyeon/Hyomin/Eunjung in their heart

~ ω

• I have NO clue who those other groups you mentioned are except Girls Generation.

Speaking of which. I kinda disagree. Even though I LOVE Taeyeon, as a member of the group anyways, her solos? Meh.

I think Girls Generation could get on fine without Taeyeon.

Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIF - Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIFs          JenniesBTCH on Twitter:       Yena and capybara - 9GAG

• NCT: Taeyong and Mark

BTS: RM and JK

BP: Need all 4 :)

Monsta X: Jooheon and Kihyun

I think NCT could function well without either

RM, perhaps from a behind the scenes kinda way.

BP only really needs Jennie and Lisa and two random singers ONLY because of how YG designed that group. ( Capybara drop kicks your smiley in the face!)

Monsta X.... I hate to say it but sometimes, SOMETIMES I feel they'd be better off with just one rapper or NO rappers.

• No, two of them are interchangeable to me. Without the rapline, they're just another group.

not necessarily

rose certainly isnt interchangable because i cant think of any other female kpop artists with her vibe

jisoo is more debatable but without her the group probably wouldnt be digestible to koreans and also i have a feeling she's really going to blow up with her acting bout.

of course the rap line are more unique but blackpink wouldnt be nearly as sucessful without the 4 members it has rn considering the balance they bring in the group. rose brings in more indie vibes and makes the group majority english speakers and jisoo helps maintain "korean purity" for the k-fans

r o s e s   a n d   p e a c h e s

• 2NE1 without CL would be nothing she carry the whole group for years

Gidle without soyeon same

BP without Jennie or lisa, BP songs aren't very vocal focus so i feel like they would work if jisoo or rosé was missing but i don't think they would work so well without lisa or jennie

Sistar without hyorin

4minute without hyuna wouldn't be the same

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• NCT: Fair enough. They have plenty of members and probably could train one to fit either of their roles.

BP: I don't think a 2 member group would work which is where I was kinda going with it.

MX: Nowadays, I don't think they utilize I.M. and Jooheon as well as in the past.

• Blackpink would be so screwed if any of their members were to be taken out :pepe-sad:

Ahhh, they could switch some singers out... ONLY because of how YG set the group up. They're pretty much the female Big Bang. Just how Big Bang is G Dragon, TOP and 3 singers, BP is Jennie.

Lisa and two singers. Not to say that Rose and Jisoo aren't deserving of their spots but I feel when ever I hear a Blackpink song, I'm waiting for the rap verses and then the singing just kinda happens..... :wellr:

• I disagree. I just don't see it with BP's vocal line.

• SNSD wouldn't be the same without Taeyeon

don't revoke my Sone card

but if i'm being honest i do think that SNSD would have still be able to survive even without Taeyeon

they had jessica, sunny, seohyun and tiffany for the vocal line

that's why to me personnally as much i love SNSD i always had the feeling that they are all needed but they would still do very well even without a member

because they were all so talented, that you know that even if a member of the dance line or vocal line was suppose to leave, the other one were enough talented to fill the gap

and we kind of see it with jessica leaving, she was a really big part of the vocal line

but even without her, it didn't sound like something was missing in snsd in term of skills

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• NCT: Fair enough. They have plenty of members and probably could train one to fit either of their roles.

BP: I don't think a 2 member group would work which is where I was kinda going with it.

MX: Nowadays, I don't think they utilize I.M. and Jooheon as well as in the past.

I agree with you. Rosé and Jisoo are as important to the sound as Jennie/Lisa, but since BP is HipHop based they don’t see it. Most of the pop attributes come from their parts neither Jennie/Lisa could carry alone. Rosé’s vocals is certainly the reason for so much guitar in their music & Jisoo timbre is contrast to her voice. A single member missing and the complete group is altered. Plus, Rosé and Jisoo are very popular in Korea.

• That's pretty much the gist of what I was implying when I mentioned Girls Generation, and even EXO.

• I can see that tbh! <3 Honestly I think SNSD does have such a great line-up that any of the members besides Jessica could have left and they would have still thrived. I just chose Taeyeon because I honestly can't imagine a world without Taeyeon being in the industry :pepecute:

I was thinking this was more so if they weren't added in pre-debut!

~ ω

• I might sound biased I am lol but hear me out

+ visuals

she literally fits Korean beauty standards she isn't called face genius for nothing, she was even called national treasure and Kblinks seem to relate to her more. I notice many kblinks have many pfp of Jisoo on ch+ so I agree about her helping to maintain the Korean purity she is is the only member that was raised in Korea.

but besides all that Jisoo brings the pink side of blackpink without her blackpink would all about swag and charisma and sassiness, Jisoo brings charms and she has the most unique/deeper voice in bp imo. Having said that I think all members are necessary without Rose we wouldn't have a main vocal either, Jennie represents YG's brand and the face of blackpink and Lisa is the most popular and charismatic member

• I have NO clue who those other groups you mentioned are except Girls Generation.

Speaking of which. I kinda disagree. Even though I LOVE Taeyeon, as a member of the group anyways, her solos? Meh.

I think Girls Generation could get on fine without Taeyeon.

2NE1 would be imagine if Jennie wasn't in Blackpink. That's 2NE1 and CL LOL.

~ ω

• yep yep

i'm betting jisoo will be one of the most important members after her drama

i'm sure she'll bring in a TON of fans but i'm worried they'll end up solo stans kek

• i mean without them bp would basically be a hiphop duo which prolly wouldnt work out

While I could actually see a duo working out and thriving even MORE, Blackpink, by the way they're designed, needs vocalist, maybe even another?

I guess it's my impression of them is that when I hear them, the rap stands out the most. Perhaps YG needs to do something to better elevate Jisso and Rose's parts?

• Ahhh, they could switch some singers out... ONLY because of how YG set the group up. They're pretty much the female Big Bang. Just how Big Bang is G Dragon, TOP and 3 singers, BP is Jennie.

Lisa and two singers. Not to say that Rose and Jisoo aren't deserving of their spots but I feel when ever I hear a Blackpink song, I'm waiting for the rap verses and then the singing just kinda happens..... :wellr:

omg i'm going to be kill after this thread but i do have the same feeling about BP as much i like the members and their music i could totally imagine BP without rosé or bp without jisoo

in the sense that BP is mostly praise for their rap line more than their vocal line , so their rap line is their biggest strenght so i can't see a lineup of BP where Lisa and Jennie aren't in it

but BP songs aren't vocally focus so vocalist aren't a must, i could totally see BP continue as a 3 member GG with only 1 vocalist considering that their song have maybe 3 vocal part and that's all so 1 vocalist could totally handle it

but i can picture BP more without jisoo than without rosé

because rosé voice is so unique that it had a flavor to their song and she's the main vocal and have a better range and she's the one doing the high note

Jisoo voice is also unique but in BP song she isn't singing the high note etc... she's just a vocalist

and i could totally see jennie do a great jobe covering Jisoo parts

so i do understand where you come from

• While I could actually see a duo working out and thriving even MORE, Blackpink, by the way they're designed, needs vocalist, maybe even another?

I guess it's my impression of them is that when I hear them, the rap stands out the most. Perhaps YG needs to do something to better elevate Jisso and Rose's parts?

i mean if you hear the backing vocals and how they blend combinations of all three vocalists it becomes obvious that all of their vocals are needed. but yeah yg can do better no question about that

• While I could actually see a duo working out and thriving even MORE, Blackpink, by the way they're designed, needs vocalist, maybe even another?

There’s really no reason to elevate their parts. By design, they work. Plus, BP has hit songs where they stand out. PWF, AIIYL, LSG, FY are all songs where the singing shines more than the rapping. Can you imagine any of those songs without Rosé/Jisoo voice?

Whistle/D4 are their most rap centered title tracks. Most of HYLT is singing over an lectropop beat. If you can remove Rosé/Jisoo from those songs and it would still work…there’s your answer if you truly think they’re interchangeable.

• When y'all find out that technically speaking Jennie is a far superior vocalist to Jisoo it starts to make Jisoo look even more unneeded

Except, technically that’s not true. Jisoo’s voice is far more supported than Jennie’s. Jennie is an adequate lead vocalists but Jennie wouldn’t be able to project and support her head/chest voice to the same degree as Jisoo on the prechorus of D4 & KTL. Jisoo was able to match Rosé’s intensity and voice in KTL and Jisoo’s voices sits naturally at a much lower range than Rosé. Jennie’s voice sits a bit higher than Jisoo too. Rosé/Jisoo have actually increased a bit in skill since their rookie days (especially after 2018) where Jisoo and Jennie could have been similar levels.

Edited once, last by FSXP ().

• Not this being a Rosé, Jisoo shade party and none of your faves are on their level of relevancy, fandom support and successful career.

Jisoo is the most stable on BP while Rosé just proved her "nom existent" power by selling +500k albums and breaking so many records.

Imagine trying to take any of the four bc they lack vocals, while their it factor makes them superior to any of your faves so name one who can beat them.

And not at Jisoo being the 5 most popular idol ww behind just Lisa in one list released today, proving again her status of superstar.

You can be shade all you want, but Jisoo and Rosé are more necessary in BLACKPINK then your faves are necessary in kpop. So stuff with all this shit going on. Weird people.

• RV and TWICE literally need Wendy and Jihyo lmao the other girls in their groups could NEVER hit the notes they hit and make them sound good and that's with no shade

Seulgi and Nayeon already tow the line between lead vocal and 2nd main, I think they can carry most of their notes pretty well even if they aren't as good.

• There’s really no reason to elevate their parts. By design, they work. Plus, BP has hit songs where they stand out. PWF, AIIYL, LSG, FY are all songs where the singing shines more than the rapping. Can you imagine any of those songs without Rosé/Jisoo voice?

Whistle/D4 are their most rap centered title tracks. Most of HYLT is singing over an lectropop beat. If you can remove Rosé/Jisoo from those songs and it would still work…there’s your answer if you truly think they’re interchangeable.

I think it's more that I think they're replaceable.

• Not this being a Rosé, Jisoo shade party and none of your faves are on their level of relevancy, fandom support and successful career.

Jisoo is the most stable on BP while Rosé just proved her "nom existent" power by selling +500k albums and breaking so many records.

Imagine trying to take any of the four bc they lack vocals, while their it factor makes them superior to any of your faves so name one who can beat them.

And not at Jisoo being the 5 most popular idol ww behind just Lisa in one list released today, proving again her status of superstar.

You can be shade all you want, but Jisoo and Rosé are more necessary in BLACKPINK then your faves are necessary in kpop. So stuff with all this shit going on. Weird people.

My faves overshadow them by a country mile. Not another take my K Pop too seriously reply?!

• This thread contains 70 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!