Groups that Would Be Dead On Arrival WITHOUT Certain Members?

• bp has only 4 members

you remove any of them and it'd be odd

No, two of them are interchangeable to me. Without the rapline, they're just another group.

I think you can take out the main vocal Miyeon out of Black Pink and the group would survive. ;-)

• Replace them with someone of equivalent skill? Maybe. Skill will only get you so far. One of the reasons why many of these K Pop idols succeed is because they go beyond the realm of skill.

• Bts cant work without every single member. Bts definitely need the hyung line, especially the rap line, who wrote, produce and compose since debut. On top of that, they have the strongest or one of the strongest rap lines in kpop.

• Bts cant work without every single member. Bts definitely need the hyung line, especially the rap line, who wrote, produce and compose since debut. On top of that, they have the strongest or one of the strongest rap lines in kpop.

I wholeheartedly agree. Every member is crucial although Jin does tend to disappear from time to time. Hurts me to saybthat because he's probably my favorite member.

• 2Ne1 without CL wouldn't be the same group. She played a bigger part in making 2Ne1 feel like 2Ne1 than the other 3 combined.

I kinda get your point, but also beg to differ.

CL was the face of 2NE1, sure, but Minzy was its (underrated and unappreciated) vocal and dance foundation: without Minzy, 2NE1's dance and vocal performance would feel off and weak.

Case in point, within a few months after Minzy's departure, YG decided to cancel 2NE1 after first announcing plans to have 2NE1 have a Summer comeback and album :wellr:

• I kinda get your point, but also beg to differ.

CL was the face of 2NE1, sure, but Minzy was its (underrated and unappreciated) vocal and dance foundation: without Minzy, 2NE1's dance and vocal performance would feel off and weak.

Case in point, within a few months after Minzy's departure, YG decided to cancel 2NE1 after first announcing plans to have 2NE1 have a Summer comeback and album :wellr:

:cryingr:

• I kinda get your point, but also beg to differ.

2Ne1 wasn't a group that depended a lot on dance for performances. Vocal-vise Bom was more important than Minzy, her vocal tone really made many of 2ne1's songs what they are. I'm not saying the other members didn't contribute with anything but compared to CL they all paled.

• 2Ne1 wasn't a group that depended a lot on dance for performances. Vocal-vise Bom was more important than Minzy, her vocal tone really made many of 2ne1's songs what they are. I'm not saying the other members didn't contribute with anything but compared to CL they all paled.

If that were true, that CL was what made the group, she would've been able to hack it without the group, yet all her solo projects kinda faded away despite all her sass and bluster.

Without Teddy providing the hit songs and YG boosting up the 2NE1 brand, 2NE1 couldn't achieve the high level they did. And for 2NE1 to have that particular 'swag, talented artist' image that YG craved, and for YG to create that specific image, both Minzy and CL were needed.

Blackjacks and other 2NE1 fans might dismiss and trivialize Minzy's contribution and importance, like they always did when 2NE1 still existed, but the fact is that Minzy was the most talented by far in 2NE1 when it comes to dance and vocals. Without her, it'd become apparent very quickly that some core essential was missing in the group.

As YG must have realised too, else he would've let 2NE1 continue as 3, like he intended to initially.

In those years YG was still foremostly intensely concerned that his groups doing just ok, would reflect badly and damage his company brand image of 'badass, swag winners/champions/best artists'.

Based on YG's reactions after Minzy's departure, seems to me he just didn't believe (enough) anymore in 2NE1 with the remaining 3 to uphold the untouchable 2NE1 & YG image and make it proud.

• Speaking of which. I kinda disagree. Even though I LOVE Taeyeon, as a member of the group anyways, her solos? Meh.

Not when she is the main voice of snsd. She is the most important member. She is very necessary.

And all 4 members of bp add something to the group which is the reason bp is where they are. They all have different appeal. Jisoo and rosé r singers who r again very necessary.

¸.··.¸¸.·¯ ¯·.¸¸.··.¸

57d31c109156df116d4bbae383220862af866cd5.gifv d32703ca745288a0e9b7de46018975297baa584c.gifv 641a6f69b3d531ef1b08c94a912ad3c0ca7c2aa5.gifv

• You know, this is probably off topic but I've always felt that MOST YG artists would not be where or WHAT they are had it not been for YG.

I can't say the same for most other idols from other labels tho. For example, I can totally see BTS or Twice still very successful without their particular labels but I can't see the same for YG artists.

Love him or hate him, YG, the man himself, has for this magic touch. I always like to think of him as the Vince McMahon of K Pop.

• Not when she is the main voice of snsd. She is the most important member. She is very necessary.

And all 4 members of bp add something to the group which is the reason bp is where they are. They all have different appeal. Jisoo and rosé r singers who r again very necessary.

I still disagree about the Blackpink thing. I think you could have anyone on the vocals, they'd still be right where they are. Lisa and Jennie are the heart and soul of that group, fans having a "connection" to them be damned.

• If another decent singer replaces Rose, maybe BP wouldn't be known as the 3rd gen girl group with the worse singing main vocalist. She can definitely be replaced.

• If another decent singer replaces Rose, maybe BP wouldn't be known as the 3rd gen girl group with the worse singing main vocalist. She can definitely be replaced.

While I don't think Rose or Jisko are bad singers at all, I do agree that they could be swapped out the group would carry on like normal, from a musical standpoint anyway.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!