Why aren't the post-iz*one girls being added to groups?

• If I were in charge of Woolim or Yuehua, I would have added Yena to Everglow and Chaewon to Rocket Punch almost instantly. I DEFINITELY wouldn't have given either group a comeback right around the time of Iz*one's disbandment. I would have given Iz*one members time to be like: here's the deal, we're adding you to the team and we'll prepare for a comeback soon, let's get to work. Both groups have been on hiatus forever and made a comeback at the worst time possible. I don't know if they will even get added to the groups, but I think they could really help. Everglow especially has taken a big blow to their career with this hiatus. They had an international fandom that was almost as big as LOONA's and I haven't heard hardly anyone talking about this comeback. Meanwhile I think Rocket Punch could benefit from having another main vocalist; I think thats what they're lacking. And yeah, people will complain about them getting added. Who cares? People will always find an excuse to complain. At the end of the day, the groups will (likely) experience a massive boost in popularity with the addition of the Iz*one girls.

Do you think Rocket Punch or Everglow will add members? Do you think they should? Are there any other reasons you think both groups have experienced declines in popularity?

• bc they learned from ioi that it only leads to nugu ggs lmao

idk i still think yena and chaewon are going to eventually join though :eyes:

I think the bigger issue is that they made these massive groups of like 8+ people and only focused on the IOI girls. I think if they had smaller groups with 4-6 members, people could more easily stan. It's overwhelming to see all these faces and you're only really interested in 2 people. But then the fandom gets mad because you're only showing those two people and not the 7 others. But seriously think about it

Weki Meki - 8 girls

Gugudan - 9 girls

Pristin - 10 girls

WJSN* - 13 girls!

DIA* - 9 girls

Now WJSN and DIA have asterisks because their situation is different. Both groups debuted before IOI. Part of the appeal for WJSN is the super large group, only GG in Korea with 13 members. DIA actually had a strong start when they only had 7 members and came back with On The Road. Then they added two members randomly and started declining again as well as losing people.

If Pristin was Pristin V instead and Gugudan was like Mina, Sejeong, Nayoung, Hyeyeon, and Soyee, I bet both groups would be more popular.

That is my hypothesis.

• I think it was too late to get them up to speed to the new comebacks but it's a no brainer to add them to the groups as soon as possible. Yena has the funny vibe but actually is a great all rounder who could fit into Everglow.

I said before add Kwon Eunbi to Lovelyz but that's probably a step too far. If Sakura is part of the new HYBE GG that's a massive coup.

WHY YOU SHOULDN'T HATE ON IDOLS

1. They are young people trying their best in a competitive industry.

2. You don't know what other pressures they are under, company mistreatment, diet, lack of success, not earning, long hard hours, family problems etc.

3. They have worked for years towards a dream to entertain us and offer it up pretty much free if you factor in streaming, Youtube MVs, reality shows.

4. We all know what can happen in extreme cases, mental health problems and even suicide (Sulli)

• I think the post IOI issues mean adding members to established groups is the only way, otherwise you are risking a brand new group who will have new unknown members anyway.

I would add Yujin and Wonyoung to WJSN as well

2. You don't know what other pressures they are under, company mistreatment, diet, lack of success, not earning, long hard hours, family problems etc.

3. They have worked for years towards a dream to entertain us and offer it up pretty much free if you factor in streaming, Youtube MVs, reality shows.

4. We all know what can happen in extreme cases, mental health problems and even suicide (Sulli)

• I think Pristin is also a special case as it is very obvious pledis fcked up with them (their sales were impressive).

Every groups had their own problem but the number of girls was definitely a problem in common. I think the 2 groups where it was the most obvious were Dia and Gugudan, Chaeyeon was arguably more popular than the whole group and MNH had difficulties balancing out the promotions between members.

Gugudan too but seeing their content and what they released it's pretty obvious that they had even less money than the other groups (except weki meki maybe) and had massively popular girls like Sejeong and Mina overshadowing the rest.

They also had a big music identity problem.

WJSN created their own fanbase and seeing their recent success i think it's alright. Dia is obviously no good, i don't think the music was the problem though. Weki Meki idk, maybe their type of music wasn't meant to last long so they started to change in 2019 but lost a lot of momentum i feel like.

tbf i think IOI was so short that the girls struggled to keep the momentum after it, so i think izone definitely will have an advantage in that regard.

• I think the post IOI issues mean adding members to established groups is the only way, otherwise you are risking a brand new group who will have new unknown members anyway.

:pepewhat:

Uhhh I would say it'd be better for Yujin and Wonyoung to debut in the new Starship GG which hopefully will be a smaller 4-6 member group.

WJSN is a 4/5 year old group now so I don't think adding in new members suddenly would be a good idea.

~ ω

• In terms of songs Pristin had Wee Woo which was great but unfortunately not successful, Gugudan I think suffered a lot from average title tracks, Weki Meki with Picky Picky is the only really good title they've released, DIA I can't really remember any of theirs.

WJSN on the other hand have had a lot of good songs and therein could be the overall issue, lack of quality songs is the overriding factor in what has transpired...

• :pepewhat:

Uhhh I would say it'd be better for Yujin and Wonyoung to debut in the new Starship GG which hopefully will be a smaller 4-6 member group.

WJSN is a 4/5 year old group now so I don't think adding in new members suddenly would be a good idea.

I was thinking maybe as the C-Line are gone you can throw in a couple of high profile replacements but maybe they are simply too young, if say Kwon Eun Bi was at Starship it may have worked.

• I don’t think Rocket Punch would add any members. The group is already jet setting to Japan for their debut. And tbh the IZONE girls deserve their own path then to be added as a pawn that may not end well in the long run. They face a lot of pressure to push those groups to the fore front and when it goes wrong they get the blame for not doing enough.

Honestly Chaewon and Eunbi should form a duo like Irene x Seulgi. The concept and sound Rocket Punch have does not suit these girls at all. Yena seems happy going solo and doing all these variety shows.

But I’m most surprised by Chaeyeon’s label. Their doing nothing for her since the group’s disbandment and this IZONE hype only goes so far.

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

• As someone who is still seething at Msnake, Yuesucka, and Starshit, i can tell you that Yena, Wonyoung, and Yujin will be dead to me if they are added to Everglow or another new GG. It will break my heart to do this especially since Yena is one of my biases, but seeing Yena being all chummy with Sihyeon, Yerin, and the others after spending years being BFFs with Chaewon and Yuri...just no X(

I will give more leeway to Eunbi, Chaewon, and Chaeyeon if they are added to Rocket Punch or WM NGG since their labels werent rumored to oppose contract extensions. Same with the other girls.

• In terms of songs Pristin had Wee Woo which was great but unfortunately not successful, Gugudan I think suffered a lot from average title tracks, Weki Meki with Picky Picky is the only really good title they've released, DIA I can't really remember any of theirs.

Pristin released wee woo in 2017 and sold 43k albums. This is literally the 10th highest sales debut for a gg ever, above stayc, everglow, gfriend and apink. It was really successful. They also charted for some weeks, never too high though.

We Like was less successful, dropping the sales to 27k just 6 months after but they never should have disbanded with that. Groups like April survived with below 10k sales all their career.

Gugudan had a big identity problem, with good sales (22k) but couldn't find a place to keep a good amount of fans. They probably should have continue doing weird shit like chococo but going mature wasn't very good. They might have charted 1 or 2 songs for a week.

Weki Meki most successful tracks were their first 2 IDLYG and la la la, selling 50k and 31 k respectively. since then they never reached 25k again and are consistently lowering their sales (though they seem to start farming singles). i don't think they ever really charted with any song (maybe lalala very low).

Dia did chart some songs with their first few releases and WooWoo, but again i don't really know why they didn't succeed except maybe having all the popularity on only 1 girl.

• Did you guys see my thread on disbanding IZONE from a financial perspective click on the text:

Lets discuss the financial insanity of disbanding a group like IZONE

• U aren't serious right? Why will they waste their future in wjsn? They r destined for bigger and better things.

Be careful what you wish for WJSN are really successful and we all know what happened to the post IOI groups apart from them

• WHY YOU SHOULDN'T HATE ON IDOLS

• Be careful what you wish for WJSN are really successful and we all know what happened to the post IOI groups apart from them

Who even said i want them to be in a group? Lol. I would prefer if they go solo. And what i or we want is useless. If starship manges the new group well they could easily be one of the top ggs. Adding wonyoung and yujin will disrupt both wjsn and the girls career. Weird idea.

Also aren't the most popular members non ioi? Looks like building a fanbase is what's keeping wjsn afloat. Something most companies couldn't understand. For them the ioi members were everything.

YIREN

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv fab59363da33ef51baa656716577e60cdb9b2fd2.gifv 084b4b1830b2175bbfe169388158c289cc0b861f.gifv 9a71235e38fac2f4f9e1daf62b01efee6e4923bf.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

• Who even said i want them to be in a group? Lol. I would prefer if they go solo. And what i or we want is useless. If starship manges the new group well they could easily be one of the top ggs. Adding wonyoung and yujin will disrupt both wjsn and the girls career. Weird idea.

Also aren't the most popular members non ioi? Looks like building a fanbase is what's keeping wjsn afloat. Something most companies couldn't understand. For them the ioi members were everything.

Hmmm solo maybe I think you have the core of a great group here, if Starship were going to do that add maybe three more members for a smaller unit

• yebin was their attempt to promote Yebin (and the other girls who didn't make it) but in the end Uni.t lasted 3 months, were not popular and didn't help them at all. Still love Uni.t though. Well designed answer btw

I only watched The UNIT recently loved that show, real shame that group didn't last I think the people behind it flopped hard to not at least give them a year. Seriously 3 months after a survival show . Sad what's happening to Hyunjoo now as well.

• I thought that the reason why Everglow and Rocket Punch didn't have come back for a long time is that they are waiting for Yena and Chaewon. However, the fact that both group comeback around the same time after IZ*ONE disband is very suspicious to me. If the company never wanted to add Yena and Chaewon to the group, why wait so long for Everglow and RP to have a comeback? or is it really just a coincidence?

Also, Chaewon and Eunbi should debut in a duo like Davichi and for Yena, I still think she will add to Everglow eventually.

• Because some Izone fans are cray-cray.

I think they are just giving the girls some time to let the whole disbandment thin cool off.

We will see.

:pepewhat::pepewhat::pepewhat:

YES, also add Yuri, and maybe Yena, even the Japanese members. Also take the Gugudan members cz why not. As long as there is less member than NCT it will probably be alright.

:pepewhat:

In defense of o_null;

WJSN debut concept was the zodiac, with 12 members.

Then they added Yeonjung to make it 13.

Since they basically lost the China line (3 members), they are down to 10.

add 2 more members and boom, back to 12.

The math adds up.

But yeah, that is not going to happen.

• I don’t think Rocket Punch would add any members. The group is already jet setting to Japan for their debut. And tbh the IZONE girls deserve their own path then to be added as a pawn that may not end well in the long run. They face a lot of pressure to push those groups to the fore front and when it goes wrong they get the blame for not doing enough.

Honestly Chaewon and Eunbi should form a duo like Irene x Seulgi. The concept and sound Rocket Punch have does not suit these girls at all. Yena seems happy going solo and doing all these variety shows.

But I’m most surprised by Chaeyeon’s label. Their doing nothing for her since the group’s disbandment and this IZONE hype only goes so far.

Chaeyeon will either be the next Chungha or the next Somi, mark my words.

• I thought that the reason why Everglow and Rocket Punch didn't have come back for a long time is that they are waiting for Yena and Chaewon. However, the fact that both group comeback around the same time after IZ*ONE disband is very suspicious to me. If the company never wanted to add Yena and Chaewon to the group, why wait so long for Everglow and RP to have a comeback? or is it really just a coincidence?

Also, Chaewon and Eunbi should debut in a duo like Davichi and for Yena, I still think she will add to Everglow eventually.

Yes! This was the point I was trying to make but I phrased it weirdly, thank you for being on the same wavelength as me.

• Yes! This was the point I was trying to make but I phrased it weirdly, thank you for being on the same wavelength as me.

but I still think Yena will eventually be added to Everglow. It just matters of time.

Everglow is a new group and I doubt they will make another girl group soon. Also, it just stupid not to add her in.

A lot of people don't like idols joining an existing group and I don't really understand.

Don't think the company will take this into account.

It just matters of if the company willing to do it.

e77081de72e7482a84d9b51f2f83d436.gif

Edited once, last by Abozu ().

• Chaeyeon will either be the next Chungha or the next Somi, mark my words.

I hope she is a success, I would like her to join JYP and be added to ITZY

• Literally all Starship needs to do is give Yujin and Wonyoung the BlackPink/Aespa treatment.

After Sakura, Wonyoung and Yujin were the most popular Iz*One members in China, so sales are already a given. Plus Wonyoung is pretty much popular everywhere.

Wonyoung is the face aka the Jennie/Karina.

Yujin is the ace Rose/Winter (visuals + vocals)

All Starship gotta do is throw in a main dancer and main vocal who are Japanese and maybe Chinese respectfully (since those are where the fanbase is at) and boom, done. Wait, not done. Starship also should make sure the new members are on par visually (and height wise) with Wonyoung and Yujin. Now we're done.

Musically, I would suggest they don't do a girl crush or teen crush concept (would be too similar BP/Itzy/Aespa). Since Iz*One was an elegant concept, they should probably go more for that since that's what the fan base going into the new group is used to and it won't drastically change up the images of the Wonyoung and Yujin that the fans already like.

• starship is really scary with freedom of wonyoung so she can't did stories on Instagram. Yujin and Wonyoung re impossible now i m sure produce curse is here like they get both individuel activities and Instagram accounts with more 500k followers onthey will being powerful group or overshadow the other members.

Yuehua is really ready for yena debut solo cause she is main charater of this company with everglow.

They re weird cause yena get Twitter account for only variety show apparence.

Chaewon can being adding in ROCKET punch but i doubt eunbi with her age and carrer .

eunbi was ex kpop member (ye-A in 2014 but they re disband the same year....)before izone's debut

Now she is 26 years old ,i think soloist is perfect for her

Chaeyeon can did both group and soloist cause wm have oh my girl but they re ggumu trainee group with only vid of choreagraphies on Instagram.

Now all the members get individuel activities and individuel Instagram .expect yuri but she is artist under new company wake one....she can being ballad soloist

They re popular in asia.

Edited 2 times, last by izoniee ().

• This thread contains 3 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!