Underrated vocalists in your fave groups?

• I've always liked Red Velvet's songs but only recently really became a reveluv. I know they're known for their vocals - especially Wendy Seulgi and Joy but I would occasionally stumble upon folks who say Irene can't sing/is only there for her looks and that Yeri adds nothing. But I find that the 5 part harmony really makes their sound. Yeri is the backbone of some of their best songs. And even though they can't do the gymnastics Wendy and Seulgi do, they can hold their own. For eg. I was surprised to hear Irene sing Candy on her own or just impromptu sing along to Wendy's parts to stuff and sound just as good. They should let her sing in her higher register more.

from NCT: Yuta, Jeno, Ten, idk if Jaehyun is really underrated but I don't see people hype him up as much as say Haechan or Xaiojun?

For BP all I used to hear about was Rosé's vocals and Jenlisa's raps but Jisoo's voice is what got my attention and ended up being my fave

Tl;dr: who are some of the underrated or overlooked vocalists in your fave boy or girl groups?

• From SHINee it's Kibum. People don't talk about his amazing voice as much as they should

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

In SVT Minghao gets hype for his dancing but his vocals are so good too!!

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

In MX can I say everyone that isn't Kihyun? :cryingr:

• Key has been my Shinee bias since debut 😭

• Sunny. She's better than a ton of others lead singers and even a few main ones and has a distinct voice but she's heavily underrated. Doesn't help that she doesn't really want to have a solo singing career, she much prefers TV instead

• In Apink, the sub-vocalists Hayoung, Naeun and Chorong are all underrated. Their stability is exceptional. Even Namjoo and Bomi who are solid lead vocalists kinda live in the shadow of Eunji because she is an amazing singer. But yeah, Hayoung did her solo debut and all her performances were great, Naeun and Chorong can hold a tune pretty well.

It’s Hayoung solo debut stage and it’s her in the Masked singer too :

External Content youtu.be

Naeun and Chorong sing well too :

• Moonbyul! Moomos never talk about her vocal skills but she literally trained to be a vocalist!

• seventeen: woozi. hear me out! yes we know he can sing but i feel like outside of the fandom ppl underestimate him since booseok are so good. woozi is definitely washing other vocal lines on his own.

External Content twitter.com

blackpink: lisa. theres this misconception that she cant sing?? sure shes not as skilled as the other three but shes definitely better than A LOT of sub vocalists. plus her tone is pretty i love it.

itzy: yuna. idk i just love her voice suprisingly she has my favorite tone in itzy. its just so sweet and shes a really good subvocal.

"

" svt + blackpink supremacy

final-1.gif

• They're not my favorite group, but J-Hope. Everytime he comes in with his vocal part, he's brings everything down to the salt-of-the-earth level, if you will. His is not showy, but it's very ruminative, for a lack of better word.

• >In BP everyone is about Rose's vocals. But Jennie sings well and in The Album I prefer vocals over Rose's.

Jisoo has an amazing voice but the girl is lacking talent to be called a 'vocalist'. Playback works fine for her- sorta like Sunmi, and she can make a great solo artist too.

>In Loona everyone always praises Chuu or Jinsoul but IMO Kim Lip's solo was bop and she has a very charming voice. Also Haseul sings pretty decent.

>I don't see enough appreciation for anyone's vocals in Twice. Sad because Nayeon, Jihyo, Mina and Tzuyu have a lot of potential.

• Twice - I think that Chaeyoung's vocals are really underrated. People mainly know her as the main rapper but forget that she is a sub-vocalist even though she has some vocal lines. I love her voice and even though she's not as talented as 3Mix she is talented to the point where her vocals should get some more recognition. The reason I didn't say Jeongyeon is because her vocals are praised by Once but are overshadowed by the company sometimes. Chae's vocals are ignored by many.

Blackpink - I think that Jisoo and Lisa's vocals are underrated. Jisoo has a raspy voice (it's beautiful tho) that is more on the lower side while Jennie and Rose's are on the lighter side. Jisoo's vocals are sometimes ignored by blinks and even the company. As for Lisa, I like her voice, I think that it's so cute. She has a lot of potentials I feel and like Chaeyoung (except for being a lead rapper) her rapping overshadows her vocals. Not really the same with Jennie because I feel like they started highlighting her vocals and rapping equally, but it's just not the case for Lisa even though she's a sub-vocal. I still think she should get more vocal lines.

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• Jaehyun in NCT 127. His voice always rounds out and warms the harmonies. You particularly notice it when they all sing together a capella. His voice is less “dramatic” (I love that drama, don’t get me wrong. That’s what I’m here for, man) than the others so I think sometimes he doesn’t credit for his actually quite surprising range and stability.

I also think Xiumin’s voice falls into the same issue in EXO, which you can especially see in CBX.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!