Itzy and rap...

• THIS IS MY OPINION!

I know people will hate me or call me hater but I have to say it:

Rapping is more than just talking fast. I usually like Itzy‘s song but they really disappointed me with this one. The beat is a bop and really catchy but the overall flow is being destroyed by the talking like rap and that weird ringdingding part in the chorus. I usually do not expect 2pac rap from idols or in songs but when the rap literally destroys the song, it is too much for me. It also highlights how important actually rap training is. Yeji‘s flow was alright but the tone of yuna‘s rap was so out of place. Ryujin‘s rap seemed off as well.

This was also something that i noticed in Not Shy but it was tolerable for me. In Mafia since the whole song is almost rap, it is much more apparent than in Not Shy.

I would prefer if they changed it into a more singing like rapping (like J-hope does it often) or just skip the rap parts.

Keep in mind this is my opinion and I have nothing against the girls. There is also more that seems off to me like the mixing of the vocals or the song writing. They are not sounding harmonious at some parts and quite dissonant to the bgm and overall flow

Now y‘all can hate me

• das ok though, I don't think this should garner you hate op
    :pepecute:

I also don't think the rapping was high tier either but I still enjoyed it, specially Yuna's bits. The girls could always use improvement.

I think we could do it if we tried, if only to say you're mine. Sofia, know that you and I shouldn't feel like a crime‏‏‎ ‎

f21e0f81e7940fd18cfb85b3ac309172ca428ed6.gif 717f1ec5ed7770f830cd397303be8147a26040ad.gif e9711f00504db5588aa226006ed0da311ebe0e1b.gif da5fb964b43ecdfa4491b92712bd9a9cb8a96918.gif

• Why is it only Kpop that people criticize this for? American "rap" in 2021 is just like ITZY's new single except in English. Rap in general hasn't been good in years.

Bruh, people criticize American rap as well. It might be that you do not notice that since this is a kpop forum but people drag rap artists even here

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• i do agree that if they had better rappers i probably wouldve liked the song more. I thought yuna was good but ryujin was given akward lines . like she should have had yeji's lines and yeji shouldve been given singing parts.

• das ok though, I don't think this should garner you hate op
    :pepecute:

I also don't think the rapping was high tier either but I still enjoyed it, specially Yuna's bits. The girls could always use improvement.

I wouldn’t mind the song in the club or something but when I listen with headphones, I especially look into flow and it seems off to me but in a club, even I would shake my ass lmaoo

• I will listen to the rest of the album

Yaaaas, and they did a stage for Sorry not sorry if you're interested.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I think we could do it if we tried, if only to say you're mine. Sofia, know that you and I shouldn't feel like a crime‏‏‎ ‎

f21e0f81e7940fd18cfb85b3ac309172ca428ed6.gif 717f1ec5ed7770f830cd397303be8147a26040ad.gif e9711f00504db5588aa226006ed0da311ebe0e1b.gif da5fb964b43ecdfa4491b92712bd9a9cb8a96918.gif

• the lyrics were seductive and teasing and about control but Yuna's voice came across a bit cutesy

Overall the rap parts needed more punch, it would have fit better with the mafia theme if they had that

the singing parts were the highlight for me, Lia especially

Edit: I don't think it's Yuna's fault

They're told to rap at that pitch, usually higher pitched rapping doesn't work out that well

The producer or whoever it is should think about that

I liked how she said "I'm the mafia" in the chorus, it was spot on

• Yaaaas, and they did a stage for Sorry not sorry if you're interested.

External Content www.youtube.com

They should have taken Sorry not Sorry or Kidding me as their title track :(

• the lyrics were about seductive and teasing and in control but Yuna's voice came across a bit cutesy

Overall the rap parts needed more punch, it would have fit better with the mafia theme

the singing parts were the highlight for me, Lia especially

Same, I really liked Lia‘s voice and the overall vocal parts. Yuna‘s voice is a hit or miss for me. I really liked her voice in Dalla Dalla since it sounded cheeky but in mafia it sounded to try hard for me. They should let her either rap in a lower tone or let her do something in between singing and rapping

• Bruh, people criticize American rap as well. It might be that you do not notice that since this is a kpop forum but people drag rap artists even here

External Content youtu.be

yeah... damn Snoop so true here, legendary guy and he knows well how it was in the past when everyone has his own characteristics.

speaking about female rap now we can say

Everglow rap line > ITZY rap line

• yeah... damn Snoop so true here, legendary guy and he knows well how it was in the past when everyone has his own characteristics.

speaking about female rap now we can say

Everglow rap line > ITZY rap line

One of my favorite girl group members who rap without destroying the flow and not exactly being the best rappers, are the ones from woo!ah!. They are not 2pac but their rapping has a little bit flow and does not sound like an entirely different song. Blackpink‘s rap is good too and everglow‘s rap is sometimes better sometimes worse.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!