Hyunjoo personally admits she was physically & verbally bullied by APRIL for 3 years!

• Former April member Hyunjoo personally admits she was physically & verbally bullied by her group for 3 years, DSP will not let her terminate her contract.

On April 18, former April member Lee Hyun Joo chose to speak up personally regarding the controversial rumors that she was bullied and mistreated by her group mates during her time as an idol.

Lee Hyun Joo wrote in her Instagram post:

"Hello, this is Lee Hyun Joo.
    I was frightened, after a series of coincidences came together until my writing this post today. I am still very fearful. Currently, my company has released a statement which is different from the truth, and has taken legal action against my younger sibling who is still a young student, as well as against my personal acquaintances. The parents of my assailants have even sent derailing messages to my own parents.
    I hesitated due to the fear that under these circumstances, if I spoke up with my own voice, how much more these people could hurt me.
    Still, I felt that I needed to have courage, even if it's for those who spoke courageously on my behalf and for those who have encouraged me until now, so I am writing this post.
    I was mistreated since I began preparing for my debut in 2014 until I left the group in 2016. I was 17 years old at that time, and living in the dorms while preparing for the group's debut, I spent all 24-hours of my life with the assailants, without anyone I could turn to for help.
    When I couldn't take it any longer, I turned to my parents and confessed what I was going through. My parents tried to reach out to the company's president, but all they got in return was criticism directed toward me. When the assailants found out about these events, their mistreatment grew worse. I was only allowed to call my parents under the manager's surveillance for short periods of time, and as the situation became worse, I grew smaller and smaller. The information which has come up to the surface is only a small fragment of the truth.
    In those 3 years, I was subject to constant verbal and physical abuse, mockery, cursing, and attacks against my character. Among those, the insults against my grandmother, my parents, and my family were the most unbearable. The company witnessed all of these events but only stood by and watched; they offered no help. "

Whole statement, which is hella long here:
    https://www.allkpop.com/articl…er-terminate-her-contract

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This is so sad but I’m glad she found the strength to speak up. Wish her and her family the best of luck with the lawsuit. It will be a hard fight but knetz are on her side at least. I hope she gets the justice she deserves.

Also fuck DSP. I hope that shithole goes bankrupt soon ❤️

• Oh god this seems worse than AOA. For AOA it was Jimin mistreating Mina, but in this case it's like the entire group vs Hyunjoo? And she said assailants that's a very strong word which kinda suggest it might be even worse than we imagine it to be

Even worse, even the company seems to be against her. Imagine being bullied and cannot even contact your friends & family and being under constant surveillance.

If all this is true, DSP Media is really awful company.

• Oh god this seems worse than AOA. For AOA it was Jimin mistreating Mina, but in this case it's like the entire group vs Hyunjoo? And she said assailants that's a very strong word which kinda suggest it might be even worse than we imagine it to be

well, Chaekyung and Rachel were added to the group after Hyunjoo left/during last month of her hiatus.

So those two can't be judged like Naeun, Chaewon, Yena, and Jinsol.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This is so sad but I’m glad she found the strength to speak up. Wish her and her family the best of luck with the lawsuit. It will be a hard fight but knetz are on her side at least. I hope she gets the justice she deserves.

Also fuck DSP. I hope that shithole goes bankrupt soon ❤️

It already went downhill when they lost Kara their last successful group

• In most situations, I would hear the other side of the story, but I don't need to here. She clearly knows what she's talking about and there is video evidence of April members excluding Hyunjoo and making her cry onstage so we can know that there was way worse shit going on behind closed doors. We have too much evidence on Hyunjoo's side as opposed to everything else. Her company decided to be unprofessional and deny everything like idiots.

I hope April apologises and we get a LIGITIMATE statement from the company. This whole thing sucks because April makes good music and now I can't take them seriously..

• Thats what we waited, and what we expected. DSP probably didn't do much with their legal actions thing, just threatened and completely blocked Hyunjoo. Her attacking the company directly was a little unexpected though, like if she only confirmed the bullying accusations i could see DSP doing fine by just disbanding April but now that she confirmed they blocked her for talking, i think DSP will be hurt too.

April was already done but is even more done, which would be pretty unfortunate if Chaekyung/Rachel didn't do a single thing and KARD is probably also in the shit with the Somin situation.

I wonder what will happen with Mirae if DSP is getting absolutely shit on by the korean media.

• Former April member Hyunjoo personally admits she was physically & verbally bullied by her group for 3 years, DSP will not let her terminate her contract

AKP STAFF 1618677033-20210417-hyunjoo.jpg

On April 18, former April member Lee Hyun Joo chose to speak up personally regarding the controversial rumors that she was bullied and mistreated by her group mates during her time as an idol.

Lee Hyun Joo wrote in her Instagram post:

"Hello, this is Lee Hyun Joo.
    I was frightened, after a series of coincidences came together until my writing this post today. I am still very fearful. Currently, my company has released a statement which is different from the truth, and has taken legal action against my younger sibling who is still a young student, as well as against my personal acquaintances. The parents of my assailants have even sent derailing messages to my own parents.
    I hesitated due to the fear that under these circumstances, if I spoke up with my own voice, how much more these people could hurt me.
    Still, I felt that I needed to have courage, even if it's for those who spoke courageously on my behalf and for those who have encouraged me until now, so I am writing this post.
    I was mistreated since I began preparing for my debut in 2014 until I left the group in 2016. I was 17 years old at that time, and living in the dorms while preparing for the group's debut, I spent all 24-hours of my life with the assailants, without anyone I could turn to for help.
    When I couldn't take it any longer, I turned to my parents and confessed what I was going through. My parents tried to reach out to the company's president, but all they got in return was criticism directed toward me. When the assailants found out about these events, their mistreatment grew worse. I was only allowed to call my parents under the manager's surveillance for short periods of time, and as the situation became worse, I grew smaller and smaller. The information which has come up to the surface is only a small fragment of the truth.
    In those 3 years, I was subject to constant verbal and physical abuse, mockery, cursing, and attacks against my character. Among those, the insults against my grandmother, my parents, and my family were the most unbearable. The company witnessed all of these events but only stood by and watched; they offered no help.
    Eventually, I fell into a dark place and attempted to take my own life, but I don't believe that they were the least bit affected by my actions. I left the team on the grounds that I would abide exactly by the story that the company wrote out for me, and afterward, I was labeled a backstabber, suffering from all kinds of malicious comments and attacks.
    Because I felt that I was responsible for causing irreparable scars on my family members, I tried to live as brightly as possible. However, even after time passed, I could not forget about those difficult times. I felt that those deep dark memories in my heart grew into a trauma that would eat me up. I went through a hard time, negatively influencing all those around me. That was when those who cared for me decided to speak up, and that is where I am now.
    I am trying to have courage to help my sibling and my personal acquaintances.
    Through this incident, I realized that there are many people who want to cheer me on, and I'm thankful. Because of those of you who asked about me each day and showed your concern for me, I was strengthened. I also learned that there are many people out there enduring the same struggles as me. I see that the mistreatment that you suffer in your youth can remain a deep trauma.
    I'm sure that not everyone in the world can get along with me, and people can feel resentful toward others at times. But I just cannot believe that physical assault and bullying can be justified under any circumstances. Where ever it may be, such bullying must be abolished. Even after 7 years, I am still struggling with the hardships that I suffered back then, but I don't believe that I should live swallowed up in misfortune, convincing myself that I cannot overcome it.
    So I plan to show everyone that I can and will overcome all of this, and find a happier, healthier future. I want to repay all of you who cheered me on with this resolve. Thank you so much for sharing your encouragements and strength.
    As of now, my company has forced me to halt all of my activities, and even those opportunities that were sent my way have been turned away without my consent. The company will not allow me to end my contract either.
    I can't just do nothing, I have to protect myself, my family, and those around me. I will do my best to respond to the company legally, with those willing to support me.
    It will not be easy, but I promise to resolve everything, overcome my trauma, and return brighter and healthier.
    I hope that from now on, the rest of the month of April will be full of warmth and happiness for me and for all those who read this. Thank you."
  • In most situations, I would hear the other side of the story, but I don't need to here. She clearly knows what she's talking about and there is video evidence of April members excluding Hyunjoo and making her cry onstage so we can know that there was way worse shit going on behind closed doors. We have too much evidence on Hyunjoo's side as opposed to everything else. Her company decided to be unprofessional and deny everything like idiots.

I hope April apologises and we get a LIGITIMATE statement from the company. This whole thing sucks because April makes good music and now I can't take them seriously..

Right? The thing is, unlike other scandal who it kinda seem unsure and may or may not be true or maybe it's a huge misunderstanding, Hyunjoo seem very firm and certain about her statement. It's not like she is making things vague or unclear she straight up knows what she is saying and openly called out April and DSP

• Dispatch already posted about it:

https://www.dispatch.co.kr/2139391

• Tbf Kard is probably over as a whole too, she was the most popular member and the group relied on the 2 girls 2 boys image. Also DSP has a very bad image now so they can't just replace her or redebut them.

i thought BM was.... lol and that is a shame, some of their songs were bops :pepemusic:

• imagine that April even snatched some best rookie GG award in the past, damn they ruined their careers because of a bad attitude, lack of compassion, and because of turning their humanity switch off...

• I’d rather the truth come out and April be dead than them still having success after abusing soneone for so long

What I hate besides the bullying is how the parents of the others started to harassing the parents of her. Also how the company did this gaslighting (even in their new statements) and how they try to downplay it. I hope she gets justice and the members face the consequences

• There’s a reason i never stanned them :teeheek:

Anyway the only april that matters :siptear::

External Content youtube.com

• This is probably the heaviest accusation against members of a group and their label we have seen in a very long time. She actually isn't accusing the label of just ignoring the issue but participating in it with the statement. "I was only allowed to call my parents under the manager's surveillance for short periods of time". That statement makes it that the company who is being represented in this case by the manager actively participated in the bullying and covering it up.

Depending on public opinion this could bring down both April and KARD. If this does bring down both groups DSP a company that is one of the long time founding members in the first generation of KPOP could go down.

• Support: Her statements are quite compelling and unusually pointed and direct naming exact instances of abuse.
    • Support: There have been statements from Hyun Joo's family that the allegations are true.
    • Support: There has been a moderate amount of circumstantial evidence that the allegations are true as well including a partial statement from DSP that there was friction.
    • Detraction: So far DSP has refuted the claims
    • In between: The individual members have not. This is most likely done at the direction of DSP so I won't classify this as denial or acceptance of the claims.
  • Rumours from 2016 finally become true in the end. DSP really threw her to the wolves when she left and with the whole acting thing just for her to join the unit. She received a lot of negative comments with no proper feedback but now that everything is cleared up I hope she wins the legal battle. I’m happy she’s seeing all the support she’s getting which made her want to fight this head on.

And DSP not only suing her brother but canceling her projects and stopping her from leaving is such a tacky move nor am I surprised by their inhuman tactics. OP you should really add all her statements. All the details she mentioned is important and was left out in your post.

Anyway, I have a lot of precious memories stanning April and especially Naeun. I can’t believe Now or Never is really going to be their last song and Da capo is their last album.

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

• I feel terrible for her because not only she had to expirience the bullying but now her and her family have to keep suffering because of DPS with the lawsuits and the public slander. On top of that she can't even work because they won't let her go of her contract. DPS is horrible for this.

I hope Hyunjoo can be free from all of these soon so she can move on and be happy.

• Oh my god...this makes me sick. This is fucking terrible. The whole group? My god, what’s wrong with people? Thankfully I never stanned them. I really hope Hyunjoo is doing well, and I hope she gets the justice she deserves.

• imagine that April even snatched some best rookie GG award in the past, damn they ruined their careers because of a bad attitude, lack of compassion, and because of turning their humanity switch off...

Weren't they talked about by a well known foreign news outlet during their debut days ? It's shame really

ShufenShufen

Edited once, last by nana18 ().

• This thread contains 25 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!