Like Water vs. On The Ground: Which song is superior quality wise?

• Is Like Water far better than On The Ground? 108

1. YES (78) 72%
    2. NO (30) 28%

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Problem is you ask to different queastions. In the headline you ask "Which song has the best quality?" and the thread "Which song is the best?" That is not necessary the same thing. Like Water probably have better "quality", but the On the ground is a far more fun and better song . Like Water is dull and a bit boring, but the quality of the song I can agree is good.

• I don't like both the songs. Both are average at best and I feel both of them played it safe. Production wise Rosé OTG is better while Wendy's vocals carry Like Water. The point is Rosé has a better song on her album but can't say the same for Wendy. Her title track is the best track.

Debut is like once in a lifetime moment so I hope they enjoy this time. All the best to both of them. Peace.

• I'll say Like water

On the ground is bland and generic

and Like water is a typical ballad, but the thing is that in contrary of a pop song where it's the instru who carry the song

in a ballad it's the vocals who carry the song make it stand out, and in this case Wendy stand out

and sadly i can't say the same thing about On the ground

since instrumental wise, the song is generic

and vocally wise , the song is also bland, rose vocal don't add anything to the song, and the song doesn't highlight rose vocals

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• Production wise, On The Ground is better. YG usually has more interesting sounding production than SM. And obviously it's catchier, it's a pop song.

Like Water is a beautiful ballad.

The strongest comparison I can make between the two is that neither seems to carry much signature of the singer. There isn't much of Rose as we know her in OTG, and same for Wendy in LW. Both songs seem more off the rack than custom (I know Rose has a credit on OTG, it doesn't change my opinion.) I think Wendy's song was maybe intended for a Taeyeon album.

I still enjoy both songs though!

• OTG is over-processed to the point of being comical. Compare her vocal sound on the first lines of the song to how she sounds in the first "look at me I'm never comin down". Totally different, because there's so much processing on the rest of the track she might as well be singing through a vocoder.

Like Water has more natural vocals (don't get me wrong, there's still some processing there, but it's a WHOLE lot less).

If you have two tracks to showcase a singer who's supposed to be one of your main vocals, why not just let them sing, why distort the heck out of their voice? idgi. So Like Water for me. At least when she's in full belt, you can actually hear what she sounds like.

• OTG is one of my favorite songs atm so i choose it.

Like a water is boring but wendy's vocals were superb. Her voice really gave it a life. Never been too much fan of Korean ballads in the first place.

★¸.•☆•.¸★ 𝐉𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐎 ★⡀.•☆•.★

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv 38f275b68632fbb8a30ab7a0fce5512059a80556.gifv2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv61eb8841d60cd80c1298efc34ab05d6279af9b9a.gifv2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv4d43f06e62bc91bae199a1e0752740ea19fda0f9.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

• The two songs can't really be compared, it's really two different styles. :siptear:

YG usually has more interesting sounding production than SM.

???

YG production is very generic and very commercial. YG doesn't make sounds in artistic research, they make music that has to be suitable for the public to sell as much as possible, it's really very commercial.

I'm not saying that as a negative point, there are a lot of bands that make this type of music (the majority of them to be exact) but you can't say that YG has a more interesting sound production than SM. Red Velvet's discography is much more diverse and elaborate than what YG has produced.

SM is a company that also does a lot of commercial and mainstream music, but they have the merit of trying to produce some songs with a more artistic approach, especially in their b-tracks.

• Production—OTG

Vocals— Like Water

Like Water is great but because it’s a ballad the melody is pretty generic. Her vocals were top tier though. Carried the whole song. Still it will get boring for me fast.

For OTG, the production is nice. It’s just the beat drop and the chorus that I found jarring. The verses were quite nice. Not a very big fan of Rosé’s voice so Wendy takes this.

Overall none. They are both songs I won’t add to my playlist so I can’t choose one over the other.

• I am not a fan of either song.

I thing the Chorus for like water is better, but it sounds kind of familiar.

Overall on the ground may be a little better.

• Hmm im personally only adding on the ground on my playlist but that was actually after listening to it a couple of times perhaps if I listen to the Wendy song again

• Both disappointed me tbh, I guess On the Ground cause I’ve gotten used to it. A better verses would be When the Rain stops vs Gone both of this songs are excellent

• External Content www.youtube.com

Like Water is much much better, and much easier to listen to. Obviously, Wendy's vocals are next level. So smooth, she hits all the notes effortlessly.

On The Ground has more beats and Rose sounds really cool.

I love both.

External Content youtu.be

• Loved like water, it took me two listens to really love it ;( On the ground, I didn't like it as first as Rose is my bias from BP and I was expecting something more vocally challenging from her rather than something too safe, but the more I listen to it the more I really like it, it's a huge grower

:dancer:

aespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgiraespadaily | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgirningning gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

æ- "𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝔼𝕧𝕠, 𝔼𝕧𝕠𝕝𝕦𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟" -𝕒𝕖𝕤𝕡𝕒 -æ

• This thread contains 3 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!