YG is run by complete morons. What were they THINKING on this decision with Babymonster?

• Who listens to Like That, a song composed and arranged by Charlie Puth (who knows a thing or two about hit songs and is adored in Korea), then listens to Sheesh and decides "Yeah. This BLACKPINK retread is the title track for Babymonster. 2016 is in!"?

The hell? This song is so much better

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It's not even close in my book. Babymonster promoting this as the title track, with a softer aesthetic than the dated girl crush vibe they went with, would've killed with this. It's legitimately a great song that they sound great on, and best of all, it's different from what you'd hear from any other girl group (other than XG).

Such a no brainer and they fumbled it ;judgingpepe:

• Concepts matter, and Sheesh is their vision for BMs next couple of comebacks.

They wanted a hit with Sheesh, and now that they got it, YG will continue to go down this path. Yeah, Like That is better. YG also won't want any earnings from Like That going to Charlie Puth so Sheesh is financially better choice as the title track.

:pepe-comfy:

X/?(:rolleyes:

;judgingpepe:

Edited 2 times, last by Wateris ().

• Both are bops! Shaddup :cursing:

That's not what the YT comments said when I took a look at them. Looks like a lot of Babymonster fans are bemoaning the fact Like That isn't even getting proper B-Side promotion, let alone being chosen as the title track ;judgingpepe:

Concepts matter, and Sheesh is their vision for BMs next couple of comebacks.

They wanted a hit with Sheesh, and now that they got it, YG will continue to go down this path. Yeah, Like That is better. YG also won't want any earnings from Like That going to Charlie Puth so Sheesh is financially better choice as the title track.

Costs up front would be higher, but the potential long-term profit and growth would've been greater too. Sheesh is getting results on Spotify, but Korea doesn't give a damn about the song so far.

He should've chosen Like That.

• Thankfully you are not the one producing their comebacks because this song is just as mid as their title track, and at least with the other one they can exploit the blinks need of blackpink to their favor, they doing any other concept will just be worse for them rn.

• I love both songs

But it's so obvious that i like that is a bsides, it's just not strong enough or leave enough of an impact to carry the whole album

The song is too chill to be a title track you are all saying this should be the TT but the song is not impactful enough and you would all have forgot BM cb after 2 months because even if the song is good it's forgettable

You might not like "sheesh" but i least next time you heard someone say sheesh you will think about BM song

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• You might not like "sheesh" but i least next time you heard someone say sheesh you will think about BM song

Not in a good way.

The sheesh meme is entirely too powerful for BM to overcome it, and I absolutely despise that song now.

Like That, on the other hand, would've been an EXCELLENT re-introduction and demonstration of their talents, and it would feel way less BLACKPINK at home than Sheesh.

• for a group that is considered out of the race, they keeps to be on everyone's lips.

maybe YHS will win his bet after all

You're welcome.

I did the same thing for ILLIT, when everybody thought they were nugu flops before debut.

I'm more than happy to do the same for Babymonster and give them some AKP noise marketing.

I don't know why you're even remotely triggered when I'm praising one of their songs though. Weird energy.

• What does "dated" even mean though? Why would it matter what year it is, a song that is a bop is a bop no matter what year. Like am i gonna start hating on perhaps the best rock song ever made (Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen) cause it was released 50 years ago? :pepe-hips:

I'm not so simple and weak minded that i let the massively clapped taste of the "general public" determine what is good and not good. I dont care what's "trendy", i care what's good and Sheesh is definitely good, not great, but good. ;judgingpepe:

This song Like That is utterly mediocre except for the rap which i loved. :pepe-shrug:

• Honestly, idc... cause i'm not fan but since you want to talk about it :

It's not just you or akp, I'm talking about general cases online

At this point YHS doesn't even need to do promos anymore, NJ Stans will do all his job.

Keep going

<< Typa &irl >>

• I def knew like that would be good even from the teaser. BUT YG doesn’t want to deviate from their signature sound, even if it results in no GP recognition for the grp.

They sell well and have a fanbase who will stream their music. They won’t be a force like BP but they’ll be ok:pepe-shrug:

• Honestly, idc... cause i'm not fan but since you want to talk about it :

It's not just you or akp, I'm talking about general cases online

At this point YHS doesn't even need to do promos anymore, NJ Stans will do all his job.

Keep going

What The Hell Right GIF - What The Hell Right Big Eyes GIFs

I def knew like that would be good even from the teaser. BUT YG doesn’t want to deviate from their signature sound, even if it results in no GP recognition for the grp.

They sell well and have a fanbase who will stream their music. They won’t be a force like BP but they’ll be ok:pepe-shrug:

All I know is I'll like their music a lot less if it's more "SHEESH" and less "Like That" :pepe-shame:

• Concepts matter, and Sheesh is their vision for BMs next couple of comebacks.

How is it a hit when its a flop in SK?

• I said the same thing. YG is an idiot for not using this song as the Title Track, but let's be honest, he didn't do it because the title of the songs is basically the shorter version of Blackpink's 'How you like that'. Maybe that's why Koreans love it because they think it's a Blackpink song. 😅

For me, this is their best song. The lyrics and the rap parts doesn't feel forced. Honestly, this song doesn't have the typical YG style, that's the other reason they didn't promote it, probably.

You might not like "sheesh" but i least next time you heard someone say sheesh you will think about BM song

I beg to differ! 🤣

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This is not YGs target image for them, Sheesh was a better title track for them as it is their concept, it was the right choice.

However, they need to push Like That as a second song. YG had a tradition with BP that I wish he would continue with BM is that they push a second song from the album simultaneously with the title, not after weeks.

★*★*★*★*★ Fearless, say yes, we don't dress to impress ★*★*★*★*★

dbbc37ee9b34ecb400d4db7532da1d35482c7371.gifv 3923379cb0fbe44b64145967a41d9516e417f661.gifv 682caaf41fe5214856b2773b89e21a72d129a70d.gifv a5265df948bd48063ce07183be2c0b2db46f9bc7.gifv

• This is not YGs target image for them, Sheesh was a better title track for them as it is their concept, it was the right choice.

However, they need to push Like That as a second song. YG had a tradition with BP that I wish he would continue with BM is that they push a second song from the album simultaneously with the title, not after weeks.

I couldn't disagree more. The target image was poorly conceived, and the ramifications of that poor choice is that Korea isn't interested in listening to their music at all, because it's a dish they've been served before, and they're ready to sample something else from the menu. But YG insists on serving them the same platter over and over.

That's the issue here. There is absolutely nothing whatsoever that would distinguish Sheesh from any other song in BlackPink's catalogue, and that was absolutely not the case when BP debuted. Whistle and Boombayah did not sound like a song I'd expect from 2NE1's discography.

Like That should've at least been pushed as a double title track and heavily promoted, to show off Babymonster's talents in a way that isn't immediately overshadowed by and compared to their predecessors. That's just how I feel at least.

• Haven't heard the song but with the way Koreans are so whipped for that man, if they'd put (.prod Charlie Puth) on it, they could have easily wiped out Illit and Idle

I have zero thoughts on him, i heard he's s bit annoying but i don't follow non-bts celebs on social media, i have no idea what they are doing lol. But it's a good song, easily the best. It's not even close

• I couldn't disagree more. The target image was poorly conceived, and the ramifications of that poor choice is that Korea isn't interested in listening to their music at all, because it's a dish they've been served before, and they're ready to sample something else from the menu. But YG insists on serving them the same platter over and over.

That's the issue here. There is absolutely nothing whatsoever that would distinguish Sheesh from any other song in BlackPink's catalogue, and that was absolutely not the case when BP debuted. Whistle and Boombayah did not sound like a song I'd expect from 2NE1's discography.

Like That should've at least been pushed as a double title track and heavily promoted, to show off Babymonster's talents in a way that isn't immediately overshadowed by and compared to their predecessors. That's just how I feel at least.

Look, as a fan of the girls, I do want an image for them that is more vocal focused since 7/7 can really sing.

However, GC sound if done right is good, and would be expected (and very much liked) only from YG. I DO agree that they need to distinguish more from BP, like instead of empty choruses focus on vocal choruses, but not to abandon Girl Crush, as the girls really suit it.

And girl crush does not need to be rap focused like BPs. Shooting Star type of concept or Shut Down type would be best, Girl Crush with focus on vocal.

I do agree on the double title, thats what I said that I wish YG would adopt fromBP as they did double titles or if not a second title a heavily pushed b side from Day 1 (forever young, pretty savage, etc)

Like That is soooooo good, but would be away froma GC concept, thats why its better as a 2nd title/pushed b side.

This is what a fan (like me) would want, as opposed to a casual listener like you would want from the girls.

dbbc37ee9b34ecb400d4db7532da1d35482c7371.gifv 3923379cb0fbe44b64145967a41d9516e417f661.gifv 682caaf41fe5214856b2773b89e21a72d129a70d.gifv a5265df948bd48063ce07183be2c0b2db46f9bc7.gifv

• actually this is such a Smart/Easy situation.

Everybody liked Smart more, but it is not Lesserafim concept, Easy is. So what Source did is the best, week later nad they started to promote Smart. While keeping their image!

• What does "dated" even mean though? Why would it matter what year it is, a song that is a bop is a bop no matter what year. Like am i gonna start hating on perhaps the best rock song ever made (Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen) cause it was released 50 years ago? :pepe-hips:

I'm not so simple and weak minded that i let the massively clapped taste of the "general public" determine what is good and not good. I dont care what's "trendy", i care what's good and Sheesh is definitely good, not great, but good. ;judgingpepe:

This song Like That is utterly mediocre except for the rap which i loved. :pepe-shrug:

You don't call songs released ages ago dated. They reflect the time they were made in and what was popular back then. Songs that are called dated are songs released today but sound like they were made back then. Dated and inspired by certain decade aren't the same. Newjeans songs don't sound dated, kiss of life's midas touch doesn't sound it either. But sheesh sounds like it was made 5 years ago, their composers didn't even try to arrange it differently and make it sound modern.

• So this is just my read on everything I've read and watched regarding Baemon's debut and now subsequent comeback:

YG had the perfect opportunity to zag, when everyone expected them to zig, but they wasted it by deciding to zig as expected.

Basically, when there was still immense interest and excitement over what the next YG girl group, Babymonster, would bring to the K-Pop soundscape, a lot of people were expecting YG to give them essentially a BP song but hoping it would be something different and outside their expectations.

But that's exactly what he did, and a lot of people, myself included, were disappointed. And these were sentiments I saw expressed by Korean netizens in translated articles, and their charting there reflects that.

Babymonster ARE talented, and Ahyeon in particular blew me away. To me, songs like Like That suit them so much better than forcing girl crush down our throats for another generation, and it's so different from what BP put out as well.

I'm just a consumer with an opinion at the end of the day, not a company executive, but I can't help but feel it was such a misstep.

• I do agree that they need that extra special thing to really shine, YG did miss to add that.

• This thread contains 4 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!