is it possible to witness another slayage solo debut of every single member (like BLACKPINK) from any KPOP group in future?

• like BLACKPINK does.

4 of them debuted and all of them are big hits!

Solo is a certified national hits & PAKS, Flower & On The Ground steadily charting on Top 3 Melon, and lets not talk about Money, one of kpop biggest hits internationally

is it possible to see another slayage solo debut like this in future from group? maybe from NewJeans since they're the closest to BLACKPINK rn and only have 5 member (since people saying number of members play big roles?)

• Honestly... I dont see it from Girl Groups (which is what I assume you mean).

There's some key criteria a group and it's members probably need to fill to do what Blackpink did:

1. Smaller group. Too many members starts muddying waters, pushing out timelines and having too much of a gap between most popular and least popular members. A 4 - 5 member group, each member going solo, feels "natural". A larger group and it starts feeling gimmicky or just done to make the numbers. Twice might be an exception here, but honestly even they might struggle to make all members hit big in the solo game.

2. Distinctive individual members. You want each member to really stand out on their own, as their own individual and "character". This is important because it lets each member to have their own high level of popularity and individual fandoms that will support them as well as the core OTX fandom. With each member being distinctive in terms of character, ability, talent and style, it also means that each solo won't feel "samey". You genuinely wonder what each members individual song(s) will be like. This ties in with point 1 as well, a smaller group is MUCH easier to have distinctive members over larger ones.

3. Individuality and distinct roles for the members. This might seem too close to point 2, but there can be distinction here. A lots been said recently about the death of "positions" in groups, that there's no longer really Main rapper, Main vocalist, Main Dancer etc. That all members are "Jack of all trades, master of none". This means also that its harder to differentiate each members solo's without drifting them too far from the groups core concept, which risks alienating fans. A member of a "cutsey, chill" concept group busting out a hip hop banger might not sit well with fans that like the groups music. But all 5-6 members cant all release chill, cute solos. The Blackpink solos were all very much a match to the member doing them, each different from the others, but all still retaining Blackpink DNA.

4. Very high One True X group popularity AND very high popularity for each individual member. This is a given. The group must be doing gangbusters numbers, but each member must be very popular on their own. Obviously, this ties with the other criteria closely. You can't have an unpopular or mid tier group and expect mega successful solo's, nor can you only have 1 - 2 mega popular members and others that are "part of the group. I generally like IVE and Gaeul is my bias... but I could NEVER see a Gaeul solo doing anywhere near as well as Wonyoung or Yujin. Also, the members need to have broad appeal, which means jsut as many adult fans comfortable getting behind their release. Which kills of a lot of 4th-5th gen groups.

Honestly, theres only three groups that really spring to mind, but all fail certain elements of the criteria.

Itzy in the past MAYBE could have done it. They had distinctive members, each with their own look and feel, but all with Itzy DNA. But their ship long sailed.

Aespa maybe. Definitely Winter and Karina have the popularity chops. I question if theres enough member distinctiveness and if Ningning and Giselle can make up the gap.

Le Sserafim. Three members are very strong possibilities for strong solo showings. Chaewon, Sakura and Yunjin have the popularity, distinctiveness, individuality etc to do it. But I question Kazuha having it and Eunchae needs a few more years.

• newjeans: hanni and dani have the most potential but to dominate? i doubt it, haerin is too shy and not expressive and hyein is the most unpopular

aespa: karina obviously, sm need to give her a good song. winter will be good too as long as she doesn't get exposed for her dating, she's called taeyeon 2.0 for a reason. ningning could've been the star but she's chinese and has too many token stans so maybe in china. i do hope she gets more popular, she is the perfect solo material out of all 4th girlies.

lsf: chaewon only. in korea only though. maybe with playlisting outside she could but eh. yunjin will flop everywhere

ive: yujin ofc. though she tries too hard sometimes, she has a good chance since starship has good enough ear for catchy music. but i feel like the song will still be basic. unfortunately liz will flop. i doubt starship will bother giving her a good song. wonyoung can't sing an entire song on her own without background vocals and she's already too much cringe on the stage so nah

baemon: if yg manages to make them popular or at least ahyeon then yeah, she has at least one chance internationally too but yg would have to try and they won't so yeah lol. i don't feel they will be anywhere near bp's success

teddy's and sm new gg are the last candidates. teddy's girls are the only girls have the chance to be popular in korea AND internationally while sm in korea. though teddynewgg will have 7? members and idk

dominate

korea: karina, winter, possibly teddy and sm girls

internationally: maybe baemon and teddy gg

• Internationally, I think g-idle has a better chance for decent solos than aespa

gidle in korea? soyeon is the type who needs the group otherwise she will not do that well. miyeon won't chart like bp girlies did. soyeon's a rapper and not a good vocalist with a good vocal tone plus she doesn't have pretty privelege. all the catchy parts of gidle songs are sang by vocalists. they don't have a big fandom to do well outside korea except for china and thailand

meanwhile karina and winter are more popular, have actual big fandoms and can sing. they may not chart internationally but they will definitely do good in korea

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!