My review of Music Bank in Paris - Stray Kids, ENHYPEN, IVE, Mamamoo, NMIXX, TBZ, AB6IX, Cravity and P1Harmony

• This is lengthy so grab a drink.

So yesterday there was a special Music Bank concert in Paris and I was actually there. :ahh-bee: I'll share my thoughts now that I've had some time to marinate them.

I attended mainly because of Stray Kids as they didn't have any European dates for their Maniac Tour (smh JYP), but I was very excited to see other groups that were performing there as well (like Enhypen). But I stan SKZ so this is going to be very SKZ-focused. :ooo-bee:

First of all, the organization of the show itself was quite messy. I had a seated ticket, so I arrived about 1h30 hours before it started, but I had read on social media that many of the concert goers were pushed by police, queues were endless and nd everything was a mess. When I got there, the queue was indeed several kilometers long. However, after around 10 minutes, everyone suddenly got out of the queue and just ran closer to the arena when they opened the doors. So queueing was literally pointless. It took me 20 minutes to get to my seat, mainly because it was on the opposite side from where I had entered. :pepe-clown-gear: Can't complain though - my view was freaking awesome, right at the top and center. I could see the entire stage very clearly.

The show hadn't even started yet and it was already clear that most people there were Stays, carrying their lightsticks and merch, chanting the members' names, screaming at any mention of the group's name. I knew by the end of the night I'd probably be deaf. :maheart:

Park Bo Gum was the MC and he would just appear from time to time to introduce the groups. It felt a bit pointless, especially because it was just him alone (a second MC would have made the hosting a bit more dynamic), but I guess every show like this needs a MC. At some point he entered the stage with a different, sparkly, glittery suit which made him look like a Christmas tree. It was fab.

First up in the line up were NMIXX. I thought they were solid, but by the end of the long show, they were long forgotten. They did a good job though (the bass for O.O and Love Me Like This SLAPS live!). Lily is so cute!

Up next were P1Harmony. I was surprised at how popular they were with the audience. People were chearing loud for one particular member, though I can't recall who. I'm not familiar with them very much, but enjoyed their performances nonetheless.

ENHYPEN then entered the stage for a quick Polaroid Love performance. Felt random that they just came in to perform that and left, but I guess it didn't fit in with the rest of their heavy choreo set later in the show. And Polaroid Love would have been a must. The audience sang along to every bit.

Mamamoo followed with an extended set of their biggest hits. I could have watched them perform all night though, they are on a different level! They interacted with the crowd all the time and all of them ooze charisma and star quality. This was the first highlight of the night for me. Hwasa stole the show.

After Mamamoo, we were presented with special cover stages from 3 different groups. NMIXX performed TWICE's TT, P1Harmony did 2 Baddies by NCT 127 and Cravity covered their label seniors Monsta X's song Gambler. As someone who ults 127, being able to sing along to 2 Baddies was also one of my favorite moments of the night because of how unexpected it was (crowd was also singing along). The 2 boy groups then joined to dance to PSY's That That, which was also very fun.

It was time for The Boyz, and these boyz surely know how to work a crowd. They were super excited, jumping around during their ments and little games they played in between performances. I'm happy they performed two of my favs from them, Maverick and Thrill Ride. I was sad when it was over, would have loved to see No Air.

Park Bo Gum then introduced us to his shiny glittery suit and also the group Cravity, who was the next performer. Like with P1Harmony, I was not familiar with their discography at all but it surprised me to see a lot of people actually did and were having the time of their life. They performed a couple feel good bops which suited the show perfectly.

After many boy groups, it was time for IVE. Performing their latest single Kitsch as well as a b-side My Satisfaction, Eleven, Love Dive and After Like, it was one of the longest sets of the night. However, it still felt short - time flew by so fast! I hadn't seen many IVE fans outside the arena but everyone in the crowd seemed to know all the songs they performed which confirms IVE's wide appeal. The girls are extremely beautiful and it made me happy to see that the audience was very loud for Liz in specific. She deserves the world!

Another special stage followed and this time, it was OST themed. Solar from Mamamoo, in a gorgeous sparkly green dress, sang us the OST for the French movie Ratatouille. Many French fans were singing along and it was a very beautiful moment. After her, a few members of TBZ covered the OST for Moonlight Drawn by Clouds, a popular kdrama starred by Park Bo Gum, which was very nice. These two performances were a nice change up after all the flashiness of the night.

Speaking of flashiness, shiny Park Bo Gum is back to us and introduces us to the third last group of the night: AB6IX. The 4 boys had the time of their life! Breathe was by far the most popular song with the audience but I particularly like the stage for Complicated.

The very much anticipated ENHYPEN entered the stage again now for their full showcase. Don't fool yourselves into thinking they are "flops" because someone told you they are - they were by far the most cheered for group after Stray Kids. Niki in particular made some girls next to me lose their voice (and me lose my hearing :pepe-just-smile: ).

I have to say, as a fan of their music, it was especially rewarding to witness the bops Drunk Dazed, Tamed-Dashed, Pass the Mic, Fever and Go Big or Go Home (this one was a BANGER) back to back, after streaming them so much and wishing I could dance to all of them in a club. I don't care what people say about their skills. Their music is awesome, energetic and exciting, and the crowd agreed with me. I really liked that they introduced their set with non-Korean (I assume French?) dancers on stage covering bits of their songs, it was a nice touch.

There was only 1 act left and the crowd knew it as soon as the last Enhypen song finished. No one could wait any longer for the headliners, Stray Kids. Their reception was nothing I did not expect, knowing how big and popular they are in Europe, but I was still mesmerized by the support they had. When they entered he stage, the roof almost fell off. Every lyric of every song was sung by thousands, some even attempted some of Changbin's and Jisung's rapid fire verses. It was insanity.

The boys are just... adorable. I'm biased ofc, but it's impossible not to smile when Hyunjin speaks. He's too cute. This ball of fluff kept running around the stage hyping up everyone and kept coming back at the end of the show to greet Stays and wave them goodbye. His flowing long blonde hair is a sight. I love him. :drinktears:

Felix was wearing the cutest little cat hat and made the audience melt attempting to speak French. At some point he gave up, which made the whole thing even cuter. Bless him.

Crowd was especially loud for every member, but the highest cheers went to... *drumroll*... king Changbin. And deservedly so. He is a legend.

SKZ performed 4 songs which surprised many people, as other groups had performed more. But we need to keep two things in mind: they must be extremely exhausted from all the touring they've done (and very possibly comeback preparations), and the fact that they will be back in Paris in a little over 3 months for Lollapalooza (I'll be there too!), which we all expect to have a much larger setlist.

When I tell you God's Menu is a hit, I mean it. The crowd devoured that song, and so did SKZ. Incredible how every single time, they perform it with the same energy and charisma. And that transcends super well to a live audience: if the performer is not feeling it, the crowd most definitely won't either. God's Menu was made to be performed to a live audience, and it was a shame that it came out during the pandemic and they had to wait a long time for the crowd it deserves.

Speaking of songs that were made for a live audience, Miroh was the set (and show) closer and it was the cherry on top. The entire arena was on their feet jumping, dancing, shouting, singing, chanting. I myself even joined the people that were seating in my section like we were all best buddies and we partied for those 4 minutes. It was amazing. Probably in my top 3 best moments I experienced in a live concert. I wish I could relive it again...

The arena's capacity was 35k and honestly? They could have easily sold that out with a solo Stray Kids concert. Yes. Stray Kids must tour Europe. It's what this audience (and many more who couldn't come) deserves. I hope the massive success of their set and their reception has made it to JYP. The demand is huge!

As for me, when someone claims Stray Kids are "irrelevant" or that "their success is fabricated", I have receipts. Tons of them. In video format. :pepe-tea:

Overall, I absolutely enjoyed my time and the 4 hours the show lasted for. I was still on a high when I left the venue. If you read this far, I wish you the best and that one day you get to experience seeing your faves live one day. You deserve it! And if you've already seen them, well, I hope you get to see them again! It's never too much to have the time of your life.

Bisou from a very tired (but happy) butter

StayTaglist bc skz main event wbk :check-bee:

• I watched a instagram livestream and Stray Kids' set was so cool

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

ODDMOzi.gif

• Seems like you had one of best days of your life. Huhu that praise for Mamamoo was good to read

External Content www.youtube.com

• Thank you for the review!

Seems like the audiences are having fun!

Oh also, there are rumor saying that there are people who fainted. Is that true?

Didn't see it myself but I read about it on social media. It seems some of the people queued up since the morning were being pushed by other people when police told them to stand back...

• I don't think so but I wouldn't be surprised if it did closer to the date.

The venue for Lolla has 65k capacity so if they sold that out (considering the rest of the line up for their day is quite nugu), they could as well sell out a whole stadium too.

Isn't it in July/August? Have they already started selling the tickets?

• Omg I'm so happy for you :love::love:

Legend Lee Know

External Content youtu.be

• Chan's words about EuroTour

External Content youtube.com

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!