Okay, someone is really gonna explain me the 4th gen girl group meta, I fell behind

• NJ is the S rank girlgroup

LSRF, G Idle, Aespa and IVE are the A rank groups with IVE getting slightly ahead thanks to their Korean popularity which is the one kpop fans put the more importance, let's call IVE A+. All those groups are pretty famous hyped and release hits, have great sales but just don't match NJ international numbers in any sense

Itzy is the B+ rank group, they lost momentum and not longer have bigger impact either domestically ou internationally and their sales although big are quite stagnant, they are still more famous than other GGs and had once big hits so I will concede them a B+ status

Other GGs like StayC and Nmixx are also B tier. I would put Kep1er here but they are declining so fast in sales and streams I'm feeling C-tier vibes from them now

• LMAOO putting NMIXX aand StayC in the same tier is the most delusional thing i've ever seen

One is getting top 10 hits after top 10 hit in korea

while the other isn't even able to enter top 50 with most of their release

Right, but they don't exactly fit anywhere else on the list. Reminder that where songs are charted isn't the only indicator of popularity. One group might release more hits, but another group might have a more solid fanbase constantly buying merchandise and albums.. I think StayC and Nmixx being tied is a solid argument, especially considering that they have both had some controversies concerning their discography.

7CsJbMVlfz8XbXvW1cAvPg_LJqIaJJ5Yhrk26ocEZbuxbruRCFuGDe_rOr0OqRSws4ntr_08OpGAWFlQcynZiIoXN2Bmp1bLk9XvWBi4L3_cL_lZI53jDjj8Liz3JWzscrUmqW6UhBavTvL3hC8vAmc  1zO1DBw_xbcTgJ781_Lqy0412LwWPNQSDSdDAbFBxpKJjVpwJz81XX9iS05qfKWeBE9FL2oiPHXytdAo4A10FpuhU62c4ckncKlUzctMkVr20BZvJIMtmSQiSYkLat7UpQakTWd9YXOyPlDnERw4lfQ  

(They keep on asking me, "who is he?") he's the one that's living in my system, baby

Edited once, last by VelvetTakes ().

• Ive and NJ are neck and neck right now for top GG and top act in all of Korea. Ive was about to lose that title to NJ, but Baddie's rise and SS/ETA's lack of longevity have put a question mark on this development.

Idle is third, and is in the same tier as the first two, just slightly behind. They have three straight #1 hits and i think they got PAKs for all of them, people forget that kwinka was #1 for 5 weeks on Melon i think.

Aespa is next, then Lesserafim at tier 2.

Stayc and Itzy make up tier 3.

• LMAOO putting NMIXX aand StayC in the same tier is the most delusional thing i've ever seen

One is getting top 10 hits after top 10 hit in korea

while the other isn't even able to enter top 50 with most of their release

Stayc last album sold less than 400k and their international presence dried pretty quickly. Bubble is still at 13 million on Spotify

Nmixx is on decline as well, but they have more listeners. StayC are getting too much korean-centric and this is dangerous because if they release a flop songs it's over for them

• S tier

NewJeans

A Tier

IVE

G-Idle

Le Sserafim

Aespa

B Tier

NMIXX

Itzy

StayC

Kep1er

• Stayc last album sold less than 400k and their international presence dried pretty quickly. Bubble is still at 13 million on Spotify

Nmixx is on decline as well, but they have more listeners. StayC are getting too much korean-centric and this is dangerous because if they release a flop songs it's over for them

Well NMIXX too, their popularity declined internationally. Plus they have never been relevant in Korea.

We all know NMIXX album sales are inflated so I’m not going to go further.

Stayc have never been more popular internationally than in Korea so I don’t see why we should be worry about them. I-fans are as fickle as the KR GP, we all see with 4th GG how the 4th gen leaders discourse changes every year.

Stayc 1st US Stop welcomed over 20,000 fans while The NMIXX girlies were struggling to sell @@@d2d3ef3f-e334-4b03-b1a4-de2d90ef2f55@@@,000 tickets.

Considering one is from a top company and is considering as big as Stayc despite one being Korea centric I wouldn’t say they’re above them

• Stayc last album sold less than 400k and their international presence dried pretty quickly. Bubble is still at 13 million on Spotify

StayC had a pretty successful US tour, they sold out like over 90% of their tickets, in my town they sold out the same place as Aespa, itzy and G-Idle

So they are more than keeping up with top of 4th gen.

Top 10 GG for sure.

• That discourse ended in July 2022, and the narrative hasn't changed since :smirks2:

I was gonna say other girlgroups could take the nr1 position, only because newjeans hadn’t debuted yet until last year. Being the nr 1 group early on in the generation is not half as impressive.

• Is that what you think…because If it was true we wouldn’t get the same threads every two weeks and y’all fighting for y’all lives :teeheek:

Whachoo talkin' bout fenty? I don't even go after IVE any more. I spent the summer going at Blinks and Onces, and now figureheads from both fandoms facepalm my posts on principle.

The receipts for NJ vs. IVE are easy :pepe-notes:

I don't wage war on IVE anymore, because everyone else piled on when their initial charting for their recent comeback was mid and I'm not a bully.

• In past StayC songs were significantly more popular among iFans than their current songs. I understand your point about 3th gen ifans being as fickle as Korean GP, but generally in international side GGs can amass fandoms while in Korea their fandom is truly small making GGs very dependent on GP

I had no idea StayC was performing un bigger venues than Nmixx (or that Nmixx was touring at all)

• NewJeans songs have more staying power in Japan.

4 songs in the top 100, that is very good.

And I don't think they have even held a concert there.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• 1. Newjeans

2. Ive is nwjns biggest competition but they have less international streams and go viral less for their songs. In Korea they’re close but newjeans is still on top rn

3. Lsf, they don’t have any Nr 1 hit but are consistent

4. Aespa has some hits and a pretty big fandom, but internationally aren’t bigger than the top 3. Korean charting is also less consistent than I’ve and newjeans.

5. Itzy are acknowledged by Kpop fans but are stagnant/ declining. Sneakers charted well in Korea but their biggest succes was in their debut year.

6. Nmixx have high sales and… idk many nmixx fans so their popularity is the most confusing for me.

7. StayC popularity makes sense to me but lately are a bit stagnant. They always chart decently but lack international popularity

8. Kep1er are going downhill, now selling smth like 100k and no popular song except for their debut that also received mixed reactions. Didn’t live up to their pre debut hype

NewJeans é envolvido em nova polêmica com o MV de “OMG” | Revista KoreaIN

Edited once, last by lialve ().

• giphy.gif

• can you enlighten me on how nj is bigger than ive is in korea?

• Internationally, Le Sserafim is much bigger atm I would place them just after NJ.

That's incorrect.

IVE and G-Idle are megastonks in China where LSF have far less presence.

I-dle have done very well on Spotify with QC their latest doing 80 days and doing better then Unforgiven and Eve (combined).

There is no 'much bigger' at all. It's pretty much equivalent, because as always forgetting China.

• can you enlighten me on how nj is bigger than ive is in korea?

Brah, I'm right here and you're not going to ask me?

They chart better, they chart longer, they crush them in overall digitals on Circle, they sell a lot more albums, they're so huge in Korea that Koreans have coined the phrase "The World is NewJeans" and IU herself called them "the biggest celebrities in Korea", they're the only group this year to have a song chart at #1 on Melon for at least 50 days and also the only group to do it twice, they crossed 800 million streams on Melon in just 384 days (the previous record was 991), they have more cumulative weeks in the Melon top 10 than any group in history other than Big Bang, they are already the most followed 4th gen girl group on Melon, they're the overall #1 group on YouTube South Korea Music Chart, they consistently dominate every brand value reputation index....do I need to go on?

I think I will actually.

Since nobody cares about Circle suddenly, we can look at Melon.

F97hV_JWAAAD0Vo?format=jpg&name=medium

It isn't close. NJ have no competition in Korea in 4th gen.

• i searched for china sales this what i could find

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• When newjeans releases an album, all their songs chart high every comeback, not just a few of them. More people know their choreo, more talked about etc

ive never promoted their b sides only when they release a full album. those had pak's. these supposedly 3 title track there's two of them in the top 10

charting longer is moot when both groups can do 20-30 weeks in top 10. after that does that matter? i mean eleven is the longest charting song debut song and love dive is number 2? so beside streaming what else? are the members more popular? do they get more mentions then ive itself?.

Yep, unlike album sales imported from Korea, there's a strict one album per person policy for domestic digital sales - so each of those sales you see for Idle and IVE are one person.

• ive never promoted their b sides only when they release a full album. those had pak's. these supposedly 3 title track there's two of them in the top 10

charting longer is moot when both groups can do 20-30 weeks in top 10. after that does that matter? i mean eleven is the longest charting song debut song and love dive is number 2? so beside streaming what else? are the members more popular? do they get more mentions then ive itself?.

Doesn’t change that newjeans gets more streams

And they’re viral more. If you disagree, make your own post explaining why you don’t think so. No need to tag me. I’m not changing my mind for you and I don’t feel like typing essays

• ive never promoted their b sides only when they release a full album. those had pak's. these supposedly 3 title track there's two of them in the top 10

giphy.gif

Either Way actually reached 190k today

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• This thread contains 25 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!