IS NEWJEANS MORE TALENTED THAN BLACKPINK? (Trigger Warning: Opinions)

• MORE TALENTED? 67

1. Blackpink (35) 52%
    2. NewJeans (32) 48%

I THINK NEWJEANS THE IS MORE TALENTED OVERALL…

1. SINGING:

NewJeans by far. NewJeans is consistent and great! They have all good singers! Danielle, Hanni, Hyein and even Haerin are good singers! Minji isn’t the best but she’s decent too and her tone is lovely! They always show their live vocal by going on live singing shows and Lollapalooza live singing with MIC ON! was flawless.

The only good singer in Blackpink is Rosé and even then she sings in cursive…but she still great singer! Jisoo is very weak and she sound like she have something stuck in her throat…Jennie has pretty tone but she can’t hold a note to save her life…Lisa is not singer. Period.

2. RAPPING:

Blackpink wins only because of Jennie. Jennie’s rap style and delivery is amazing and she’s on top of her generation with icons like Soyeon. But she never writes her bars…so she loses 5 points.

Lisa rap is interesting but kind of bad? She sometime sounds so cringe and annoying?? 😭😭 And she don’t write her lyrics…Writing bars is so important to be taken seriously in world of rap…

Blackpink wins by default because NewJeans don’t rap but remember Minji did very well in their legendary wondergirls cover…

3. DANCE:

NewJeans wins…you may be saying huh??? But Blackpink has Lisa…yes! But overall NewJeans has consistently GREAT dancers! They are ALL great and always good and bring their A game!

Lisa is better than all I think? Maybe Hanni can challenge her…and Rosé is decent too but sometimes inconsistent. Jisoo is a very weak dancer and brings overall talent down.

Jennie is extremely inconsistent. She can be good but it’s very rare. She’s lazy sometimes like SNSD Jessica… sorry but truth!

4. STAGE PRESENCE:

This one is hard…Blackpink when on their A game are better…but Blackpink can be very inconsistent as we seen with world tour…

NewJeans are ALWAYS good and never lazy, but we need to see them more. Their Lolla performance was A+++, they are ALL good dancers, good high energy, good facial expressions too! Hanni and Danielle facial expression is amazing!! Haerin all rounder and is sooo good too!

Only they are let down for their lack of big boom songs like Blackpink but let’s be real if based on performance alone…they are better and far more consistent.

5. SONGWRITING

NewJeans wins…I think in future if they have more full creative freedom, Danielle will be expert song writer. Danielle is so full of talent!

Rosé is great lyricist too and I hope we can see more self written songs from her.

6. MOST TALENTED MEMBER

NewJeans: Hanni or Danielle

Blackpink: Rosé

OPINIONS WELCOME HERE. FEEL FREE TO DISAGREE WITH ME! Write your opinion on all this criteria below and justify why you think which group is more talented!

BTS = MAGA - ORTHODOX CHRISTIAN - GUNS & FREE SPEECH

• silver-wolf

Changed the title of the thread from “IS NEWJEANS MORE TALENTED THAN BLACKPINK?” to “IS NEWJEANS MORE TALENTED THAN BLACKPINK? (Trigger Warning: Opinions)”.
  • I'll disagree

Newjeans members are bad in nothing (besides rap) but they are good in nothing either, they do the job

That's their problem like i would mention none of them if i have a talk with my friends about good dancers or good singers (maybe dani but that's it)

In the other hand blackpink lineup have members who excel in one area and do the job in other area where they don't excel

Like Lisa excel in rap and dancing but she do the job in singing, she's not an atrocious singer

Ppl just have this weird logic that if a rapper doesn't sing they are just bad while lisa isn't a main vocal or lead vocal lead she actually have a nice voice when singing and doesn't sound bad, she just have less singing lines because the other members fulfill the roles of vocalist of the group

• Agree!

Overall New Jeans members are more balanced individually, but they‘re not really sticking out when it comes to vocals/dance/rap. All in all I still prefer New Jeans over BlackPink due to consistency and their cohisiveness as a group. BlackPink‘s more about individuality.

If I had to pinpoint one specific trait about New Jeans that makes them stick out to other groups it would be their vocal colors and tones. They‘re one of the very few groups where all the members have really pleasing vocals. No one sounds overly squeaky, nasal or forcefully high pitched.

Talking about Lisa - she may not have super impressive vocals, hitting high notes or outstanding technique. However in my opinion she‘s actually more stable than Jennie most of the time. I‘ve never seen her singing off key or with shaky vocals. So she gets the job done pretty neatly.

• NewJeans have far better voices, they also sing and dance better too overall. Except Lisa. But Hanni Haerin Danielle are just that good.

Raping wise BP are better but NJ doesn’t really rap so. Can’t really compare. Overall NJ is more talented. No doubt.

Even Roses voice can't be compared to Hanni. Hannis voice is just that good.

In BP the only exceptional thing is Lisas dancing and stage presence. Jennies rapping can be decent too when she tries. But apart of that there is nothing remarquable about that group talent wise. Also there is a lack of cohesion and consistancy within the group.

Ps: i read you thread and i agree with most of what you said. seems like a fair take 👌.

• Not going to vote on this because I have listen very little on NewJeans so know too little about them.

But overall it's a bit pointless to compare a group that just debuted about a year ago with a group that debuted seven years ago. Okay, we could compared Blackpink of 2017 with todays NewJeans, but it's very hard to resest your brain and do that and you will end up and thinking about Blackpink of today.

Also, hard to compare groups with different music style and concept, the purpose is to be good on different thing. And the fact they have different number of members also is a factor.

But without voting... maybe NewJeans have more "talent", just because I'm not super impressed by Blackpink, even if they are one of my favorites. But being "talented" don't help if their songs sucks like NewJeans.

• blackpink but people will obviously vote NJ even though they fucking average as hell. They have no highs and are just average.

BP have better peaks in Stage,Rap,Dancing and singing is about even.

Compare BP dances in there first year to NJ.. NJ dances are fking bland.

Your "opinions" are just straight up hate tbh.

• They are not good in anything!?? Excuse me but just say you don’t know NewJeans and go…

They have amazing dancers and performers. Hanni and Haerin alone are far more talented in both dance and stage presence than the entirety of doormat performers Aespa combined.

NewJeans are one of the BEST dance and performance groups of the 4th gen. I’d say only Itzy and maybe Le Sserafim beats them when it comes to overall talent and consistency.

In terms of vocals they’ve proved time and time again that they’re vocally talented. Danielle and Hanni are great but people really sleep on Haerin and especially Hyein who is so young and already such a great vocal talent that even IU praised her…

Lisa has a nice voice but she barely done the job of a singer and never shown her range or anything. She’s a great dancer and questionable rapper…she’s not even the best rapper in her group lol.

• Fair assessment. No lies detected.

Of the top girl groups of the third generation, you could argue BlackPink is the least talented (compared to MMM, RV, Twice and GFriend).

They aren't a super high bar to clear when it comes to the categories of singing or dancing, if you look at the group as a whole.

They've really come into their own since debut, but they'll always kind of be 2NE1 Lite to me

• Very similar to my view.

• Funny you mention 2NE1 but as a BlackJack they were called untalented and had members good at different things which is pretty much like BP.

Anyways you guys can enjoy your hate session.

• Funny you mention 2NE1 but as a BlackJack they were called untalented and had members good at different things which is pretty much like BP.

Yeah. And I think they were better at those things than BlackPink.

I'm not going to turn this into a 2NE1 vs. BP discussion, but my opinion is that everything BP does 2NE1 did the same or better, and I'll always favor the one who came first. It's like comparing Michael Jordan to Kobe Bryant.

I don't think 2NE1 was the most talented of their era, and I don't think BP is more talented than 2NE1. Both statements can be true.

• Hmmmm I think bp have more stand out dancer and rapper. But I’d say the overall all dancing skills of new jeans is better. For a singing group new jeans doesn’t really have any remarkable singers.

Rap : BP

Dance : NJ

Singing : both about the same but new jeans is a predominantly singing group without stand out singers and this brings the over all talent level of the group down.

Verdict : Blackpink

Anyways you guys can enjoy your hate session.

I have pretty much the same view of 2NE1 as with BP, about the same level. But 2NE1 was so much more fun on stage compared to BP.

• External Content youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• NEW JEANS will not have one thing that BLACKPINK HAS and thats BP songs and Teddy... More proof that BP are a hit because of their music....

Also members have so much individuality in everything, none of them are styled the same, they dont sound similar, their personalities are different... whereas most kpop groups cater to their group image... a simple example is new Jean's outfits in Lalapaloza ... you will never catch BP represent themselves with same outfits. This also shows how their fashions sets them apart.

There are so many idols and groups who are talented, do you see all of them becoming as big as BP?

AKP hates Teddy but his songs and the girls themselves and YGE's budget for their MV are going to set them apart for a while.

Also another small example is how companies are now hiring more idols who know English while they forget kpop stans die over some members in BTS and BP who barely know English but will get thousands of views just for their one liners...

You can get perfect idols and make a perfect group in every sense but success is still not guaranteed...

• The only highs in BP are Lisa's dance is pretty good in limited styles she showcases and the rap is alright...

However I can't credit the rap as talent on their part as the writing, flow, bars, rhyming scheme, etc are created by the lyricist and producers of their songs...any idol or yob off the street could make those sound good when someone far more talented, Teddy, does all the skill work. It's not like singing where there is a high level of technical ability and skill needed in the delivery. I mean rappers with ghost writers are not respected as real rappers at all in Hip Hop for a reason.

So we're putting Lisa's dancing against NewJeans? Obviously NJ win this.

EDIT: the grammar was so bad...again with the their/there mistakes.

• Now that I think…It’s unfair to bring rap as a main point in your argument since NewJeans aren’t a rap group (and thank god for that!!) also blackpink cosplay rap because they don’t write their lyrics. Rappers are never taken seriously in the west unless they write their bars. Kpops version of manufactured rap is so weird. Thank god for BTS and Soyeon as true rappers.

blackpink’s Rosé is not a better singer than Hanni or even Danielle and the others don’t come close lol. And let’s not forget OVERALL consistency.

NewJeans as a whole are far better at singing and dancing in my opinion and I disagree.

Lisa may be overall the the dancer though so that counts eyeguess..

• The only highs in BP are Lisa's dance is pretty good in limited styles she showcases and the rap is alright...

However I can't credit the rap as talent on their part as the writing, flow, bars, rhyming scheme, etc are created b the lyricist and producers of their songs...an idol or yob off the street could make those sound good when someone fare more talented, Teddy, does all the skill work. It's not like singing where their is a high level of technical ability and skill needed in the delivery. I mean rappers with ghost writers are not respected as real rappers at all in Hip Hop for a reason.

Teddy Oppar is the true talent behind blackpink lol

• I find it weird you call out manufactured rap when literally all of KPOP is manufactured , them being manufactured rapping is no different then a singer being manufactured. Its pretty easy to be consisent when all your songs have literally 1 note.

• not interested in this unbelievably boring and predictable debate, anyway yall should bless your ears with some literal honey vocals 😌

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

However I can't credit the rap as talent on their part as the writing, flow, bars, rhyming scheme, etc are created b the lyricist and producers of their songs...an idol or yob off the street could make those sound good when someone fare more talented, Teddy, does all the skill work. It's not like singing where their is a high level of technical ability and skill needed in the delivery. I mean rappers with ghost writers are not respected as real rappers at all in Hip Hop for a reason.

Where is that for NJ considering they are basically a one note singing group? They also barely took part in their songs yet people here are acting like they did everything.. please. I guess congrats to NJ for having a less sexist company that actually gives them credits and allows them to write.

• I find it weird you call out manufactured rap when literally all of KPOP is manufactured , them being manufactured rapping is no different then a singer being manufactured. Its pretty easy to be consisent when all your songs have literally 1 note.

Let's not act like we don't know what they're talking about here.

In the world of Hip Hop and rapping, writing your own bars is literally a requirement to be respected as an artist.

Being given notes and lyrics to sing is not comparable in any way to someone writing your bars for you in rap

• I think rose and her are quite similar?

• Let's not act like we don't know what they're talking about here.

In the world of Hip Hop and rapping, writing your own bars is literally a requirement to be respected as an artist.

Being given notes and lyrics to sing is not comparable in any way to someone writing your bars for you in rap

I mean it should be though I find it pretty cringe at the hypocrisy people here should know by now that the females in YG either never get credit if they take part or are not allowed to add their lyrics.

CL had the same shit thrown against her and when she was actually allowed to take part for their last album proved what a good writer she was..

I find it cringe people are trying to use this as a negative while stanning groups that are just as manufactured.

• The problem with NJ is that their music dont allow them to showcase their talents. Danielle has an incredible voice but the music doesnt feature this because they literally sing one note and it's all the same generic garage band tone, no emotion behind any of it. At least BP songs allow them to belt once in awhile. Hanna's is overrated though, she's fine enough but hardly distinguishable from everyone else's tone in Kpop. Also dont forget that BP all have super unique tones, you can recognize their colors anywhere, while NJ blends together like almost every Kpop group.

BP also have some of the best rappers in the world in Jenlisa. NJ wins in dancing overall though because BP just doesnt care anymore about syncro group choreo at this stage of their careers lol,

• I love both groups and I find them both really talented so this is hard.

But overall I think it’s NewJeans for me, I personally find them super underrated for their talents. It may have something to do with their more chill music.

A lot of people don’t associate more lowkey music with talent for some reason.

• Where is that for NJ considering they are basically a one note singing group? They also barely took part in their songs yet people here are acting like they did everything.. please. I guess congrats to NJ for having a less sexist company that actually gives them credits and allows them to write.

Anytime blackpinks mid talent get's called into question people cry 'sexism'...

• It's funny you talk about hate when even if you disagree with this persons opinion it is their opinion and they didn't really insult BP. They didn't say they are shit or make unnecessary harsh comments. They said their opinions. You on the other hand called a group average as hell. I mean going by your standards yours is equally or even more hateful than OPs.

To answer the main question, I think Blackpink is more talented and interesting to watch both as entertainers and performers. But that is to be expected of a veteran group versus a rookie group. NJs is amazing though and as they grow more they will continue to improve.

• The problem with NJ is that their music dont allow them to showcase their talents. Danielle has an incredible voice but the music doesnt feature this because they literally sing one note and it's all the same generic garage band tone, no emotion behind any of it. At least BP songs allow them to belt once in awhile. Hanna's is overrated though, she's fine enough but hardly distinguishable from everyone else's tone in Kpop. Also dont forget that BP all have super unique tones, you can recognize their colors anywhere, while NJ blends together like almost every Kpop group.

BP also have some of the best rappers in the world in Jenlisa. NJ wins in dancing overall though because BP just doesnt care anymore about syncro group choreo at this stage of their careers lol,

Did you say Jenny and Lisa are some of the best rappers in the world? like they are fine but in the world? really?

• more talented in both dance and stage presence than the entirety of doormat performers Aespa combined.

first of all the fact that you have to bring a group not even related to the thread prove how bad you are with holding a conversation and not confident you are with your argument

because you thought bringing a group i stan as a way to argument would do anything to me, well you're wrong you just prove how weak you are with holding a debate and keeping the subject of the thread

They are not good in anything!?? Excuse me but just say you don’t know NewJeans and go…

second of all don't worry i know more than you think about Newjeans and i stand by my point

Newjeans is a group who is bad in nothing besides rap but is good in nothing too

NewJeans are one of the BEST dance and performance groups of the 4th gen. I’d say only Itzy and maybe Le Sserafim beats them when it comes to overall talent and consistency.

i'm not disagreeing with NJ being good performer

but putting them next to Lesserafim or Itzy n term of dance is so delusional

Newjeans have some of the easiest choregraphy which are pretty easy to master which made them look like solid dancer, they aren't very strong dancer they are actually pretty average dancer none of them is a main dancer level like yeji, ryujin, or as good than some members like chaewon

Hanni is probably the one who is the best dancer but could improve her technique

Minji have the basics in dancing, but her footwork is very weak, her upper body is most of the time stiff and she have a bad arm control in her movement

Hyein have a very good potential but she have some performance when she lacks dynamic in her move

Dani have a good groove, but she needs to improve her control in her move, because she's inconsistent and sometimes some of her moves looks awkwar

like the moment they lift one of their leg and move it in the air in the choregraphy of Ditto, she doesn't focus on controling her leg and the move look more sloppy and awkward especially when she's next to a member like Haerin when she do it

Haerin have a great footwork, and she's sharp and precise with her move but she lack of dynamix sometimes

Hanni is the most solid dancer of NJ, she just needs to improve more her technique and she's actually the only member with a great isolation

so like i said they have some bad and good, they aren't as perfect than you try to make it sound in dancing , so yeah they aren't bad in dancing but aren't good neither and they certainly don't come anywhere close to a group like Itzy in term of dancing where all the members have pretty much have no flaws in term of technique only lia is still very weak

and btw your pretty much the only person who consider itzy or lesserafim as one of the most overall talented GG considering that both group are often call out for inexistant rapping skill and poor vocal skills (well for Lsrf is mostly for sakura, and eunchae and kazuha sometimes)

but well it's a discussion for another day

In terms of vocals they’ve proved time and time again that they’re vocally talented. Danielle and Hanni are great but people really sleep on Haerin and especially Hyein who is so young and already such a great vocal talent that even IU praised her…

We'll not talk about Minji because minji is probably in the tier bottom of 4th gen idol in term of vocal

Hyein have a pretty voice because it's very gentle and delicate but technique wise she's below average and very inconsistent, she's young so there's potential for improvement especially with her deep voice

Haerin is probably average and dani and hanni above average

but none of them stand out as a strong and very solid vocalist like none of them could go face to face in a vocal battle against other idols like Ning, winter, lily, haewon, Goeun, Yunjin, or baby monsters vocalist

without mentionning that Newjeans songs are easy to sing, i would like to see them in different register of song and challenge themselves with different register like more rnb, hip hop etc... and with more pitch songs etc.. to see if they are able to adapt in contrary of always trying to stay in their safe place because they are comfortable with it

because of course you'll always sound good if you always do things you are comfortable with, your weakness are more exposed when you go out of your comfort zone to try different things

Lisa has a nice voice but she barely done the job of a singer and never shown her range or anything. She’s a great dancer and questionable rapper…she’s not even the best rapper in her group lol.

you're just of bad faith if you're acting like lisa isn't a good rapper, being the best or not in her group is just a question of taste for different folks

but lisa have a nice voice, that you can heard in their bsides, she also did solo song in previous blackpink concert, she's below average like someone like Hyein but she can do the job like her

now i think my argumentation is pretty well developed so there's no need to quote me if it's just to agree/disagree and go into a debate who will have no end because you're settle on NJ being the best gg ever in your mind '-'

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

Edited once, last by SooYoung ().

• This thread contains 93 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!