Why isn’t the Lisa/Taeyang song charting well?

• I saw some people say it was good but then others pointing out it’s not charting well in the west or Korea.

Does anyone know if it’s doing good in SK? I feel like this comeback has barely been mentioned compared with Vibe. I was expecting YT views to be high because of Lisa but it’s doing less views than Vibe….only time will tell I suppose. It’s a typical song for T, but I don’t think SK is interested in non-female music anymore, only girl soloist and groups are charting well 😂

• Not sure about the other charts but on Melon seed is charting better than the collab one. Its at 74 on the daily, shoong isn't in the top 100 anymore.

• Not sure about the other charts but on Melon seed is charting better than the collab one. Its at 74 on the daily, shoong isn't in the top 100 anymore.

Ohh, he’s always charted well in SK. I guess even BB members are struggling on Melon. Yeah Lisa’s not popular in SK at all so didn’t expect much of the collab. Will be interested to see how GD does…… Saw the Spotify figures and really poor actually for the collab. I think he got lucky with Jimin if I’m honest, don’t think he would have charted well without him

• Ohh, he’s always charted well in SK. I guess even BB members are struggling on Melon. Yeah Lisa’s not popular in SK at all so didn’t expect much of the collab. Will be interested to see how GD does…… Saw the Spotify figures and really poor actually for the collab. I think he got lucky with Jimin if I’m honest, don’t think he would have charted well without him

It's not only Korean charts...Shoong dropped out of spotify and other global charts as well.

• Ohh, he’s always charted well in SK. I guess even BB members are struggling on Melon. Yeah Lisa’s not popular in SK at all so didn’t expect much of the collab. Will be interested to see how GD does…… Saw the Spotify figures and really poor actually for the collab. I think he got lucky with Jimin if I’m honest, don’t think he would have charted well without him

no that not true, ty cmb before enlistment flop and everybody said why is it flopping?

he isnt gd, specially his bsdides dont do well

• tell that to somi whose all song been made by teddy and she has exactly 1 hit

teddy is not a magician, not everybody that works with him made a hit and bp carry their music for themselves

saying that bp wouldn’t succeed without teddy does not equal saying every single song teddy releases will be a hit no matter who sings it. there’s literally no logical correlation between those 2 statements. not that i agree with that user’s opinion, but just speaking from a logic pov

teddy is not a magician, not everybody that works with him made a hit and bp carry their music for themselves

Teddy has made like 100 hit songs with 10 different groups/soloists. He literally created BP from the very beginning. Without him, BP would literally NOT EXIST lol.

• Teddy has made like 100 hit songs with 10 different groups/soloists. He literally created BP from the very beginning. Without him, BP would literally NOT EXIST lol.

i agree. i just think his songwriting has grown incredibly stale and repetitive. their run thru DDDD was flawless though.

• Taeyang's been gone for 6 years which is a long long time in the kpop sphere (almost as long as BP has existed to put it into context), and has lived his life quietly with virtually no public appearances during that time.

In those 6 years military/marriage/baby/burning sun happened, so it's no surprise he's had a massive dip in popularity.

He's no GD and the comeback probably would have done better after a full fledged BB comeback, but it is what it is and fans are just happy he's making music again after S****** almost ended all of their careers.

• It seems like Taeyang is not performing that well in general this time.

VIBE got so much hype because of Jimin but the other songs, with or without BP, have not matched that performance.

⟭⟬ ARTIST OF THE YEAR ⟭⟬

AWARDS-AMERICAN-MUSIC--97_1637613102609_1637613116956.JPG

• It's not only Korean charts...Shoong dropped out of spotify and other global charts as well.

Yeah, it’s weird considering who’s featuring on it…… just shocked it didn’t do well globally, I think this is a first where a BP member couldn’t even part carry the song

• Taeyang's been gone for 6 years which is a long long time in the kpop sphere (almost as long as BP has existed to put it into context), and has lived his life quietly with virtually no public appearances during that time.

In those 6 years military/marriage/baby/burning sun happened, so it's no surprise he's had a massive dip in popularity.

He's no GD and the comeback probably would have done better after a full fledged BB comeback, but it is what it is and fans are just happy he's making music again after S****** almost ended all of their careers.

Pshhh as it should have, no way the other guys in Big Bang didnt know about that shit

• no that not true, ty cmb before enlistment flop and everybody said why is it flopping?

he isnt gd, specially his bsdides dont do well

Yeah, I had a Google and yeah they didn’t do as well as his infamous hit eyes nose lips but that song was massive. However they didn’t do as badly as this collab….but you would think after Still Life and Vibe, it would be at least doing mediocre on Melon but dropped out of all charts is like huh?

• In Lisa's defense, YG announced that Lisa would be part of the song quite late. There is also no promotion on Blackpink's Youtube with 85+ million subscribers and I doubt their official Twitter tweeted about the song either.

most of her twitter fansites chose not to stream the song because they said she only had ~25 seconds of lines in it.

I’m not actually sure, if you look at all BP biggest hits, it got Teddy stamped all over it. The ones with the biggest streams on YT, Spotify etc, all Teddy credited hits. And they all follow the same song logic and pattern. It’s like Teddy made a special sound for BP, and no one else, not Somi, no one. I do think the two are tied. And if you look at songs where BP do without Teddy or if they’re featuring, it does not peak as high or have the same longevity…..

• Pshhh as it should have, no way the other guys in Big Bang didnt know about that shit

Ehh I'm not here to argue about whether the other BB members know or not. You can form your own opinion but there is no evidence of their involvement or that they knew.

I just know if I was doing illegal stuff that could potentially get me incarcerated/ruin my life I wouldn't even tell my family members let alone my bandmates.

Imma leave it at that.

• Ehh I'm not here to argue about whether the other BB members know or not. You can form your own opinion but there is no evidence of their involvement or that they knew.

I just know if I was doing illegal stuff that could potentially get me incarcerated/ruin my life I wouldn't even tell my family members let alone my bandmates.

Imma leave it at that.

True, the topic's been beaten into the ground at this point

• In Lisa's defense, YG announced that Lisa would be part of the song quite late. There is also no promotion on Blackpink's Youtube with 85+ million subscribers and I doubt their official Twitter tweeted about the song either.

Oh that sucks. Would have been nice if they had made an effort for her.

Yeah, it’s weird considering who’s featuring on it…… just shocked it didn’t do well globally, I think this is a first where a BP member couldn’t even part carry the song

I think her collab with Snake didn't do that well either, but might be for the same reason: no help from YG and fansites not putting in much effort since she was not prominently featured.

• It goes to show that most of these idols don't have that much "star power" as fans want to believe. Their success greatly come from many fans coordinating their efforts together. But without that you get to see their real popularity when fans aren't there to prop them up.

• I don't want to keep this going because it's another topic for another time, but I feel the obligation to say something.

They were transparent about what they knew. Before the scandal was revealed, they publicly said Seungri hung out with some sketchy-looking people. Said they warned him not to live too fast.

If they knew more than that and wanted to keep it a secret, they wouldn't reveal that at all, as that would only bring more negative attention to them and Seungri.

I mean that doesn’t prove that they didn’t know more at all. That’s not how lying works. But like you said, a topic for another time :S

• This thread contains 19 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!