I dont get the Ive and Twice comparisons

• I wasnt answering your thread but what someone said there reminded me that i see it being talked around often

And what you say in the last sentence is ignorant. Britney Spears makes pop music but one must be an idiot to say Hit Me Baby One More Time, Toxic and Stronger are anything alike in sound, concept or lyrics.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Lmfao again, duuuuh, that's a song to song difference. You aren't making a point you're trying to make. All of Twice songs are also different in those aspects. Signal is not the same as Cheer Up.

I get where you're coming from. Perhaps what I'm saying is that Twice kept the same image for a while. Meanwhile I think Ive switched a couple of times already. For example they went from chic concept to glamorous concept to girl crush to something else. I still haven't found the right word for I AM. But it's a different vibe each time. Meanwhile Twice always had the same vibe. At least for me. It only changed after Fancy.

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Wut?

The only songs that are remotely in the same subgenre are Eleven/Love Dive. Both occupy a similar sonic niche.

The other songs are way different. Kitsch has an experimental BP level drop, AL is a masterful mix of modern and sampled disco beats , and I Am is pretty much the 2023 equivalent of an 80s synth based rock anthem which is probably why i love it so much.

• I get where you're coming from. Perhaps what I'm saying is that Twice kept the same image for a while. Meanwhile I think Ive switched a couple of times already. For example they went from chic concept to glamorous concept to girl crush to something else. I still haven't found the right word for I AM. But it's a different vibe each time. Meanwhile Twice always had the same vibe. At least for me. It only changed after Fancy.

Nah, it is the same image, stop grasping at straws

The only songs that are remotely in the same subgenre are Eleven/Love Dive. Both occupy a similar sonic niche.

Okay, which Twice songs are exactly similar then?

• Nah, it is the same image, stop grasping at straws

Okay, which Twice songs are exactly similar then?

No need to be mad. It's just my opinion. You can disagree.

I'm not saying it as if it's a bad thing. Sistar is similar to Twice in this aspect as they consistently kept the summer queens, sultry image. Even in 4th gen there are current (could change in the future) equivalents like NewJeans that have a consistent vibe, even their albums are variations of the same image. One could argue that BP use the same strategy (I only disagree because I think they have always made changes that kept them fresh).

Other ggs like Red Velvet and SNSD managed to reinvent themselves many times and I just think IVE is more similar to them in this aspect. G idle is another example as their releases are very different from their last each time.

I guess I phrased it in a way that sound like I'm talking shit of Twice? Wasnt my intention. I respect them.

JCsIq3Q.gif

• i don't think it's a very good comparison

even if IVE keep the same concept their song are enough similar for people to not be throw away but at the same time pretty similar to each other

Like the vibe is the same, but After like for example is so different from Love dive musically

also i don't think keeping the same concept and sound for IVE is as problematic than it was for Twice

Ive concept and song speak to every public, to kids, teenagers and adult

while Twice was locked in a childish concept for years and couldn't evolve at the same pace than the public they were targetting at first, that's why when they decided to finally change their concept, the public already moved on to a group who represented more what they wanted

IVE concept is enough mature to keep doing the same things for years and not bored people with their concept

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

• NewJeans that have a consistent vibe, even their albums are variations of the same image. One could argue that BP use the same strategy (I only disagree because I think they have always made changes that kept them fresh).

Wow i actually think the total opposite

Love blackpink and their music

but i actually think that musically, only talking about title track

Newjeans already show more diversity, ditto, Hype boy and attention are so different from each other

• Wow i actually think the total opposite

Love blackpink and their music

but i actually think that musically, only talking about title track

Newjeans already show more diversity, ditto, Hype boy and attention are so different from each other

That's interesting. Imo these 3 songs are extremely similar not just in sound but concepts and lyrics.

For Blackpink they have Whistle, AIIYL, LSG and Ice Cream that are very different from the other.

JCsIq3Q.gif

• That's interesting. Imo these 3 songs are extremely similar not just in sound but concepts and lyrics.

For Blackpink they have Whistle, AIIYL, LSG and Ice Cream that are very different from the other.

Wow i can't find something more different than these 3 songs

Like ditto is very melancolic in the instru with a lot of harmonies to give to the song a mysterious vibe

Hype boy is a pop song

while attention is a chill pop song

i'm not disagreeing that BP show some diversity with soome of their songs

but in all of their careers, they aalso have DDDD, Pink venom, HYLT, shut down, Boombayah, kill this love who are very similar to each other in the vibe, the aesthetic and the sound

they show more a consistency on their discography than they show diversity

• i think nj have always youthfulness vib and energic hip pop kids..choregraphies

Bp have teddy production and yg vib

• All of their songs sound alike to me, of course I can tell the differences but both the instrumental choice and type of singing has little difference from one to other. OMG and Cookie included, with OMG being slightly better. You listen to a song by NewJeans and you can already imagine a chill song with lofi instrumental and soft singing about being shy but interested in love.

And yeah, I mentioned about one could argue that BP are just like Twice in this aspect. But because they had different releases in the middle of the similar ones I think they know how to surprise the public and do something different when they want to.

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Wut?

The other songs are way different. Kitsch has an experimental BP level drop, AL is a masterful mix of modern and sampled disco beats , and I Am is pretty much the 2023 equivalent of an 80s synth based rock anthem which is probably why i love it so much.

This is true. Kitsch is pretty similar what Blackpink pre-release songs usually are. If you listen to the ending it have very similar structure like what "ratata" ending is for Blackpink. In the end you are basically going "all in" which you rarely heard in Twice songs.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I am agree with you,even their songs of full album have different genres

Ive is more versatile than other 4gen groups ...

I think twice deserve better since 2018,they should change their concept like sm did well transition with snsd..

Jyp don't know managed popular group

Well SNSD can't be compared to Twice because the concept change happened very early in their career they were never consistent with one concept

• i agree and disagree :S

Twice even with the drop of popularity still HUGE, sometimes i laugh when people shade the "fall of Twice", so many wish they could fall like that :p

also i agree that Twice had a Childish concept, but the funny thing is that concept is very popular among...grown ass men, like the :cursing: dude quarreling with op. :sweat::sweat::sweat::sweat: and he is so mad that they are not doing baby talk songs for him any more. The BIG BIG BABY ¬‿¬

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• Ive has played around with other sounds enough to not fall into the mistake of having a formula but they are consistent enough to maintain their concept and audience. Personality I think that's probably the best thing for them rn as high teen is new enough and generic concept that it can be taken any direction as they mature. They'll probably be like SNSD, trying a few completely new concepts here and there but still generally keeping the same concept and developing it.

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKA

d5d89d5cd0ded673ad05b4ad8aa66c2a681af589.webpdd50b6cd6932ff0d00806a3981d3928185ee94c1.webp889793cb4f55d557baefb7c564c4b94a3129681d.webp

Twice even with the drop of popularity still HUGE, sometimes i laugh when people shade the "fall of Twice", so many wish they could fall like that :p

also i agree that Twice had a Childish concept, but the funny thing is that concept is very popular among...grown ass men, like the :cursing: dude quarreling with op. :sweat::sweat::sweat::sweat: and he is so mad that they are not doing baby talk songs for him any more. The BIG BIG BABY ¬‿¬

my comment isn't saying that twice isn't still huge, they still have aa big fandom

but in term of the general public recognition and digital success

they had a massive downfall because JYP didn't let them mature at the same pace than the public

because once they tried to mature, the public who was eager for a more mature sound was always rooting for GG like Blackpink or Red velvet who already prove themselves in these types of concepts

and they struggle to impose themselves with this type of concept because it was already saturated with big groups doing this concept

while when they were doing the cute concept they had pretty much no competition in the cute area

so people who wanted cute concept knew that their only option was Twice

while when twice decided to go for a mature concept, their public already had their favorite groups with a more mature concept and it was a different public that they were trying to target in comparison of the one they used to target

• I think people just want to keep the whole:

SNSD vs. 2NE1 (Can add Kara or Wonder Girls)

Twice vs. Black Pink (Can add Red Velvet)

They want to keep that tradition of pitting GGs against each other going. So, they compare today's top GGs to top GGs of the past to keep the competition going.

I don't think IVE has anything in comparison with Twice other than dominating the GG scene. Just like New Jeans doesn't have anything in common with BP musically or concept wise, but they both have Western appeal and ADOR is using BP tactics by getting them luxury deals.

But yeah. Old KPOP fans will always look to compare new groups while newer fans or people who weren't fans of the big GGs don't feel the need to.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• And ngl I think SNSD's diversity and success with it is a bit exaggerated by people who've forgotten a lot of their stuff. SNSD had 14 cute/bright pop concepts vs 6 girl crush ones, half of which underperformed

T-ara is a better example of a group that was extremely diverse but successful (until they weren't successful at all anymore:oops:)

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKA

d5d89d5cd0ded673ad05b4ad8aa66c2a681af589.webpdd50b6cd6932ff0d00806a3981d3928185ee94c1.webp889793cb4f55d557baefb7c564c4b94a3129681d.webp

• And ngl I think SNSD's diversity and success with it is a bit exaggerated by people who've forgotten a lot of their stuff. SNSD had 14 cute/bright pop concepts vs 6 girl crush ones, half of which underperformed

T-ara is a better example of a group that was extremely diverse but successful (until they weren't successful at all anymore:oops:)

You know what you’re talking about!

by chance, are u talking about me? :cursing: :cursing:

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
    ✴✴✴✴✴ KIM JISOO'S HUSBANDO ✴✴✴✴✴
    b7de288879b59732b5115a93d7f259edd464dd39.jpg2320df8ccb8a4af42b9e108fb34e3d8109964aae.jpg2a8fc619d348ef8f6380880604eb8bb8e97b8105.jpg

• No need to be mad. It's just my opinion. You can disagree.

I'm not saying it as if it's a bad thing. Sistar is similar to Twice in this aspect as they consistently kept the summer queens, sultry image. Even in 4th gen there are current (could change in the future) equivalents like NewJeans that have a consistent vibe, even their albums are variations of the same image. One could argue that BP use the same strategy (I only disagree because I think they have always made changes that kept them fresh).

Other ggs like Red Velvet and SNSD managed to reinvent themselves many times and I just think IVE is more similar to them in this aspect. G idle is another example as their releases are very different from their last each time.

I guess I phrased it in a way that sound like I'm talking shit of Twice? Wasnt my intention. I respect them.

Nah, I don't have any problem with what you said. You're right about most of them but you're wrong about Ive. Genre wise their songs aren't different at all.

• IVE songs have their own sound and people (ifans especially) can tell when they diverge too much from it. Look at Kitsch's initial reception. One rapped chorus and people were in a huff about it. Pretty divisive imo

AL, LD and I Am are what people expect from the IVE sound. Four to the floor drums, thick synths, small chorus -> BIG CHORUS structure, 120bpm tempo.

• Let me explain it for you

Aespa fans and girlgroup fans in general see Ive are just bunch of pretty & talentless faces. Aespa fans were so proud of Aespa's Next level achievement and they're so confident that Aespa is the one top of gen 4. But then Ive debut and can do exactly the same as Aespa but better. 3 consecutive hits while Aespa went down with Girls made them salty. So many wonyoung and leeseo bashing posts. They also start the bullshit Ive is the next twice, peak early and go down, just like twice and red velvet ( floppest twice is still higher than the best red velvet, it's just fact). And then New jeans debut and surpass everything Ive and Aespa did. Ive fans don't care much because Ive is still doing really well but it'll be cool if their favs won't be attacked anymore (less wonyoung negative post nowadays). Aespa fans start attacking Newjeans along with Blink and army and sometimes dives join the party for fun.

SM girlgroups fans are always like that, starting from SNSD. I can tell you about how they bullshiting about T-ara, WGs, 2ne1, Rainbow, 9muses but that's another story

• This thread contains 36 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!