August thoughts: IVE- BLACKPINK-SNSD-TWICE

• SNSD - I dont know much about SNSD, I dont care about Kpop overall as much but this song is good despite it being too kpop but the melody is surprisingly not as generic. (6/10)

Blackpink - This song at first was okay. Its more of a rollercoaster. Sometimes its okay sometimes its great but never bad. The verses of Jennie are top-notch here. Roses and Jisoos are so-so. I loved HYLT right away. The chorus is hip-hop which I like I wish they decreased the ah ah ah s and added more meaningful melodies. The rap part of Jenlisa is good but not great (couldve been better) The chorus instrumental is the star here the outro, is their hardest outro maybe the good part of the song as well. But this is more of a hype track imo but HYLT feels more complete. (7/10)

IVE- IVE is doing great despite me not liking the song as much as I loved Love Dive and Eleven. Those were instant hits for me but this one feels safe. I just dont get why this is a hit when its their most monotone song yet. (6/10)

TWICE - Cry for me and Feel Special can never be topped. This one feels like the most disappointing twice title track ever. It just goes nowhere super monotone and chorus tries to be catchy but just falls flat. Its nice they are trying to go back to their old sound but I fear they're too old now. I'm disappointed and feel like TWICE is now over (atleast in the new song category). Im not gonna expect anything from them anymore but if their next song sounds great then great. but Im not gonna eagerly wait for anything anymore from them. Their image and concept is just done. Like a been there done that. and Comeon with their stage presence after 7 years most of them still look like deer in the headlights geezus christ. such shame.
    (5/10)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!